Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#371419 - 02/08/09 04:05 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: ]
Alleycat Devil Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
I was wondering where the humour was.

Originally Posted By: all hallows
oh snap, i don't think the poster was expecting these replies at all.

Ah, there it is!

#371423 - 02/08/09 05:34 PM Re: LDS Missionaries. [Re: Lilibeta]
LolitaVonLush Offline

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
Someone on this board, (I forget whom, sorry) said it very well, "being a Satanist doesn't mean you have to be a big meanie". Funny and true.

As I pointed out in the beginning of my post my partner is NOT a Satanist, hence him having a copy of the Satanic Bible handy, he loaned it from me to try and get a better understanding of my views and opinions. Nor did I suggest that I ran out and accompanied him with a fan dance and chorus at 'Look at me I'm a Satanist and I want to scare the shit out of you' I was merely watching the events unfold, I didnt play any part other than an observer so I would appreciate if we could stop 'tarring me with the same brush'. Each is responsible for their own actions, I never suggested that what my partner did was right, I was more amused that he thought it was a good idea than 'abusing' the missionary. As for the end, it was sarcasm.

Maybe in future I should go into more detail, for example the parts where I said 'That's not very nice' on both accounts.

Edited by LolitaVonLush (02/08/09 05:37 PM)

#371426 - 02/08/09 05:59 PM Re: LDS Missionaries. [Re: LolitaVonLush]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Now you know it was inappropriate and maybe even dangerous. Lesson learned, hopefully.

#371427 - 02/08/09 06:03 PM Re: LDS Missionaries. [Re: HellofallHells]
LolitaVonLush Offline

Loc: UK
Oh yes, lesson well learnt, we all make mistakes and I made sure to tell my partner too why it wasnt a good idea.

#371431 - 02/08/09 06:50 PM Re: LDS Missionaries. [Re: LolitaVonLush]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
@dopeoncandycanes: Thank you for citing the passage correctly for me.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#371499 - 02/09/09 09:58 AM Re: LDS Missionaries. [Re: dopeoncandycanes]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
I thought it sounded slightly funny, but very harsh. The Jehovah's Witnesses here in Phoenix actually DRIVE up to bus stops and approach me there, and are always VERY polite. I'm NEVER rude to them... they always ask if I want a magazine, and I accept! I take it to work & leave it there- I work with some Xtians. Figure maybe they'll learn something in it.

#371505 - 02/09/09 01:04 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: LolitaVonLush]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Now that missionary has a new inspirational story to tell his congregation, about how the "forces of evil" tried to convert him to Devil worship, but he was saved by his unflinching faith.

And if he (like many Christians) lacks the ability to recognize a practical joke, he is now under the false impression that Satanists go around proselytizing.

The part where your friend's joke may backfire is they they will now double the number of street preachers on your area to compensate.

#371513 - 02/09/09 03:14 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Old_Pig]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
I have dealt with the LDS first hand. My wifes family is LDS (she is not) I have met many missionaries and most are fresh out of high school. They have always been the most polite people I think I have ever met. When they do their missions in other countries they really run into some problems, a cousin of my wife was kidnapped by militants on a mission yet they still go out and do them anyway which I respect, if their beliefs are that strong than more power to them its just not for me.
Anyway now to my point and my opinion,the rudeness is uncalled for and very disrespectful to an other orthodox. And a guy running down the street with TSB preaching the CoS and Satanism is a fool with no idea what true Satanists are about and if he is borrowing TSB to learn about Satanism and pulls shit like that he either has no clue how to read and is a complete moron or it is a different TSB that I read!!
This sounds more like something a christian extremist would do!

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#371516 - 02/09/09 04:02 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: K_Syn]
Dandy_Zak Offline

Loc: New England
I have never fully understood the emphasis on the good name of Satanism. Does this not run contrary to basis, to expect a positive public view of Satanism? Otherwise, I think we ought to be calling it something a might different.

#371518 - 02/09/09 04:33 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Dandy_Zak]
foreverlearning Offline

Originally Posted By: Dandy_Zak
I have never fully understood the emphasis on the good name of Satanism.

Expecting the Christian population, ignorant as to what Satanism truely is, to misunderstand is one thing.
Fueling their misunderstanding is another completely.

#371519 - 02/09/09 04:36 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Dandy_Zak]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Just because there are morons in this world who hold Satanists in a negative light does not justify anyone with a SATANIC BIBLE to act like an asshole. You can always tell the fine wine from the cheap wine.

Satanism: The Feared Religion.

Edited by Unknown (02/09/09 05:00 PM)

#371521 - 02/09/09 04:44 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Unknown]
Dandy_Zak Offline

I do not mean to condone silly actions done in Satanism's name. Still, it seems there is an unnecessary PR campaign for something that is natural to be despised by the herd.

#371525 - 02/09/09 06:09 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Dandy_Zak]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Being despised by the herd is counterproductive. A Satanist don't stand against the flow of sheep, he redirects the sheep for his own convenience.

And the herd most easily submit to an angel mask than a devil face.

#371531 - 02/09/09 06:38 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Old_Pig]
Dandy_Zak Offline

Certainly a fair enough stance.

#371536 - 02/09/09 08:01 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Dandy_Zak]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

It's not so much PR as it is to disseminate accurate information about Satanism.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405524 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements