Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#371552 - 02/10/09 01:11 AM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Dandy_Zak]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Dandy_Zak
I have never fully understood the emphasis on the good name of Satanism. Does this not run contrary to basis, to expect a positive public view of Satanism? Otherwise, I think we ought to be calling it something a might different.

It isn't about maintaining a good name. Rather, it is about side-swiping their misconceptions. Throwing sand in their eyes.

Ancient chinese proverb - wear a smiling face but keep a wise head.

#371569 - 02/11/09 11:11 AM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Old_Pig]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

And the herd most easily submit to an angel mask than a devil face.

Nah, that's not always true, just study Hitler.

He was the perfect manipulator..... and often with an angry face.

#371570 - 02/11/09 11:34 AM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: LightAngel]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Nah, that's not always true, just study Hitler.
He was the perfect manipulator..... and often with an angry face <<

The impetus with Hitler was not hidden behind a facial mask.

It was hidden behind a political mask. His violence was justified by creating a political ideology that was marketed as the noble cause of the ethnically elite.

I would suggest such things are possible because the herd's perception of what a mask is, is limited.

#371633 - 02/11/09 10:21 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: LightAngel]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Originally Posted By: LightAngel
Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

And the herd most easily submit to an angel mask than a devil face.

Nah, that's not always true, just study Hitler.

He was the perfect manipulator..... and often with an angry face.

Politicians give the herd what they want. At Hitler's times, people wanted anger, so that's exactly what he gave to them.

He didn't present an angry face to his followers. He presented himself as the one who would lead them to a bright future, while channeling his followers' already existing anger against what they perceived as a common enemy.

#373655 - 03/05/09 09:07 AM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Old_Pig]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hitler had a natural anger, so there was a lot of passion behind his words...

#373715 - 03/05/09 04:54 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: LightAngel]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
While I did find the story to funny, I would have to (reluctantly) agree that being polite the first time is a good idea. I say "reluctantly" because I'd love to tell them to fuck off, but unless they start bothering me with something other than a simple question, they've done nothing wrong to me. Asking if someone is interested in some bullshit church is technically no worse than asking for the time or directions. If they don't pick up the message, however, I don't think their safety should necessarily be guaranteed.

#373720 - 03/05/09 05:51 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Zaranell]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
What do you mean by "their safety"?

#374026 - 03/08/09 04:57 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Bit of a late reply, sorry. Anyway, "their safety" was meant as sort of a joke; basically, if they don't get the message, it's no longer a given that they will walk away from the person they are bothering unharmed. See Satanic Rule of the Earth #11.

#374035 - 03/08/09 07:48 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Zaranell]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
I am well aware of the Eleventh Satanic Rule of the Earth, I believe it is you who needs to re-read it and then re-think it's meaning a little more, big picture wise.

To spell it out for you: To attack anyone physically for annoying you without any physical attack directed towards you first is simply Illegal. That is called assault.

I am not simple minded enough to logically believe that Dr. LaVey meant to literally destroy / attack anyone. It is much easier to ask them to leave you alone, then if they do not; you attack them with words, not physical violence. Now if someone grabbed you and struck / tried to strike you, that would be a whole different story... of course in that situation, you would be defending yourself.

#374036 - 03/08/09 07:53 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Zaranell]
Nine Offline

Loc: Miami, Fl
Originally Posted By: Zaranell
Bit of a late reply, sorry. Anyway, "their safety" was meant as sort of a joke; basically, if they don't get the message, it's no longer a given that they will walk away from the person they are bothering unharmed. See Satanic Rule of the Earth #11.

I think what Umpherville is asking is what your interpretation of "destruction" is. I've has SO much trouble explaining this subjective term to people. Though, I find it humorous that the Doc himself probably knew this would freak people out or send their killjoy nature aflame. A wise practical joke, indeed, for the unwise.

In a nutshell, destruction is connotative with relentless torture. Torture may lead to destruction, but not necessarily the physically harmful kind. Perhaps a more emotional kind. Or mental. For instance, Christians are very fragile creatures - revealing certain truths to them about the blatant hypocrisy that commands the lives of their fellow "brothers and sisters" would send them into a flurry of anger and denial. No sooner would they accept their mistakes than they would hang on to their precious rites in fear that THAT might be the end of them. Point for the smooth-talking Satanist, zip for the irrational and starved mind of the guilty Christian.

In truth, the ends ALWAYS justify the means. Sometimes, people incite the prowling Satanist and get exactly what they asked for, whether they like it or not. Mindful as we Satanists are of our well-being, we should give the offender a chance to call the whole thing off.

#374037 - 03/08/09 07:54 PM Re: A bit of humour... [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
Nine Offline

Loc: Miami, Fl
Originally Posted By: J.A. Umpherville
I am well aware of the Eleventh Satanic Rule of the Earth, I believe it is you who needs to re-read it and then re-think it's meaning a little more, big picture wise.

I'll be godblessed. I guess my post took longer than I thought!

Just the same. wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404146 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements