Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#372286 - 02/19/09 06:26 PM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: Chess]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I'd say that all Satanists are staunch individualists, so because a lot of us tend to be very firm and determined when it comes to doing what we want to do and getting what we want to have--whether openly or more covertly--some folks might erroneously assume that we're all alpha dogs, when a lot of us are at our happiest and best when we get to lead a pack of one.

Roho, some psychological studies have actually found that second-in-command is actually a much more rewarding, much less stressful position to be in for many people. Being alpha dog or the big boss comes with a lot of responsibility and stress, and it tends to wear a lot of people down, especially those who don't have the right "alpha dog" personality type.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#372339 - 02/20/09 04:52 AM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: TrojZyr]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
At the end of the day, a leader has to keep those just under him in 2nd, 3rd rank etc, happy or he will get a (literal or figurative) dagger in the back. His power is dependent on ensuring those underneath him are at least happy enough to support him...

Better yet to have all the power and influence but remain in the shadows. Let someone else be the figurehead - many of the worlds true powerbrokers are not widely known by the herd. Highly advanced defacto Satanists indeed!

Your signature sums it up very succinctly Witch TrojZyr: "The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all."

#372358 - 02/20/09 08:21 AM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: Chess]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I would agree.

I'm very comfortable deferring to competent leadership, and executing the demands on me.

They have to earn it though. wink

#372366 - 02/20/09 09:08 AM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: Zaftig]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
On the question of reincarnation I remain a non-believer. The life I enjoy after death will not (in my opinion) be unlike the one I enjoyed prior to conception. I've heard (and read in this thread) the term "everything goes black" when referring to death, especially from those who have no vision of the afterlife. No, it doesn't go black - to recognise "black" one has to have some form of consciousness, which, being dead, one won't have. Death to me is a total cessation. If I'm lucky I will never know I'm dead, nor miss my loved ones, nor harbour regrets. In death, time ceases (and possibly only in death).

I do, however, have another theory, based on personal experience:

A couple of years ago I went to Tangiers, which for those who have never been is a shambolic hell-hole of a place. On approaching one of the markets there I experienced the most vivid deja vu experiences of my life, and this was entirely driven by smell. The smell of the spices, dead chickens and general waste heightened my senses like never before - I had been there in the past. Except I never had. Later, whilst walking around the town, I became sure that I knew just what was around the next corner. I was right, insofar as I expected more of the same and got it, but my familiarity with the place seemed uncanny.

Last year, I was eating in a restaurant in Marbella in Spain and I ate something I've never tried before. The flavour triggered the same memories, and they were so vivid that tears streamed down my face. My son, Warlock Dencappo was present at the time and will confirm the truth of what I say. This is an embarrassing confession as it was all a bit odd at the time, and everyone (including me) was worried I'd lost the plot.

No I don't believe in past lives, but did I experience some form of Genetic Memory, the same thing that enables the offspring of a bird to fly unaccompanied to the same tree it's parent landed on, half way around the world?

My father was stationed in Egypt during his National Service in the 50's and my grandfather was an officer in the royal Navy during both wars and was extraordinarily well travelled. No doubt many of my ancestors got around a bit. Has anyone passed on this particular group of memories in the same way my short temper, love of books and film star looks have been passed on?

I'm just saying...

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#372376 - 02/20/09 11:46 AM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: Discipline]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
it was fun because before she lost it all the way, she thought i was my dad. And sometimes she would tell me stuff like "do my homework" thats all. It reminded me of when i was a kid and she lived with us.

#480659 - 09/17/12 03:18 AM Re: Introduction / Philosophical question [Re: LucifersBlood]
Mendesius Offline

The reincarnation of self is physical for many "ripists", this reborn in Leviathan's body to eat blood and flesh for survival, they breathe suffocates in dark rooms. rip

For this reason we need a Religion of Satanism to live "normal" when we die.
skull

Edited by Mendesius (09/17/12 04:55 AM)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements