Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#372753 - 02/24/09 07:10 AM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Alleycat Devil]
Blackspring Offline

Loc: London
I love my Doc's, I wear 'em every day for work with my suit trousers!
I also have quite extensive tattoos on my arms but I would never entertain wearing short sleeves for work, even during the summer.
There are a few guys I work with who expose their tats at work, but not me. The fact is that people WILL make assumptions about you based on how you look, and you can't go round looking all goth and tattooed up in the workplace and wonder why you never get promotion or the best jobs.
Outside of work in my own time is a different matter however. People I work with have passed me by on the street without recognising me. Suits me fine.;-)

#372789 - 02/24/09 05:41 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Blackspring]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA

My personal tastes run more toward the two small sticks and a fresh egg sort of ritual, but I rarely do ritual anyway. I probably should more often, I have a hard time with intellectual decompression (my intellect is usually very compressed, I overanalyze most things), so some practice would probably do me good. And of course, that's much the point of the robes and drippy candles... to try to get you to stop analyzing constantly, stop paring down and simplifying until there's no drama left.

Several times now I've regretted the fact that, as a female, I can't get away with wearing kilts. Skirts somehow just don't seem as interesting. I've been meaning to buy my boyfriend one of those utilikilts, but they're so expensive, and I'm a broke college student. So I guess I'll just stick with my usual standby of summer clothes: flowery sundresses.

Not exactly dark and frightening... unless you have allergies.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#372797 - 02/24/09 07:01 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Branwyn]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
Try one of the sport kilt "Mini Kilts", those are just awesome. wink

#372804 - 02/24/09 08:11 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Alleycat Devil]
Jake Sullivan Offline

Loc: Australia
Eh, this is the bullshit that continues to drag on and on.

I never wear black. Why? Because I live in Australia. It's hot, it's humid, and black only attracts the heat of the Sun. Clothing doesn't reflect my personality. I wear what makes me comfortable.

#372927 - 02/25/09 11:03 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Jake Sullivan]
Alleycat Devil Offline

Loc: MB, Canada
Originally Posted By: Jake Sullivan

I never wear black. Why? Because I live in Australia. It's hot, it's humid, and black only attracts the heat of the Sun. Clothing doesn't reflect my personality. I wear what makes me comfortable.

good show in doing so, comfort is king in the heat.

I on the other hand live in a land of blistering frost 8 months of the year and rather enjoy my wonderfully warm and windproof leather trowsers, my ability to get dressed in the dark and have everything match, and the convience of not having to seperate my laundry in "lights" and "darks"

#372932 - 02/26/09 12:54 AM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Jake Sullivan]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Originally Posted By: Jake Sullivan

I dress on black all the time and it doesn't give me much problem even here in Florida. We have created this invention called a roof that saves us from having to stand under the rays of the sun.

#372948 - 02/26/09 06:48 AM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
We have created this invention called a roof that saves us from having to stand under the rays of the sun.

Y'all getting all hi-tek!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#373046 - 02/27/09 03:06 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Alleycat Devil]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Goth, metal, Satanism, all perceived to be dark, all very different things.

Yes I happen to like goth fashion/ideals and black metal music but that's just my particular recipe for happiness. Others will differ and more power to them if they are happy and acting out of choice.

I do see a lot of goths (usually what are referred to as baby bats) or young metalheads feeling that their musicial/fashion choices must coincide with Satanism but that's by no means a given.

I know plenty of metalheads and goths who are Christians. And I see many here on this board who don't share my fashion sense. And that's fine as long as what we are all doing is what is right for us as individuals.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#373068 - 02/27/09 10:26 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Lilibeta]
Garm Offline

Loc: Norway
i dont see any wrong in people dressing in dark clothes. But if its over-the-top i think its a bit silly. But what i think or other people think shouldnt matter anyway. People should wear whatever they feel comfortable with. There are probably people that think the way i dress is a bit silly, atleast for my age. I have never been into the gothic style and i only wear band hoodies (except for a unbranded zip-hoodie) or band shirts plus jeans and my boots or converse shoes.

#373146 - 02/28/09 06:12 PM Re: Dark Imagery? [Re: Garm]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Personally, most of the time I like wearing clothes purely for comfort and therefore have no particular style, so to speak, but it does mean that I can blend into the herd and go about my business unmolested. But when I get bored, I often find smart shirts and waistcoats best for me. It certainly creates an interesting "look" for a female.
And I love all the dark goth-type stuff, but I find it uncomfortable to wear and too expensive. And as an ex-LARPer, I also love dressing up and having plenty of interesting props lying around, it goes towards creating my perfect environment. But of course, others will be entirely different in their tastes.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
13166 Members
73 Forums
44434 Topics
407317 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold