02/21/09 10:56 AM
02/21/09 10:56 AM
F
Fala Offline OP
CoS Member
Fala  Offline OP
CoS Member
F

Sounds like some strange start to an old cheesy joke, eh?
In the same vein as, "Two seals walk into a club...." Heheh.

Anyway, I am overjoyed to announce that I have finally got it right this time. I will be getting married to a wonderful man sometime in July, and probably in Texas. No offense to you New Yorkers, but stick to the pizza. I wanted GOOD barbeque at my reception, so I'm going back home. smile

My fiance' and I have been together through two major hurricanes, the destruction of both our properties, a few major cross-country moves, major job and life changes, and everything in between. Not counting the blending of three kids together into one house, starting last summer. And the most astounding fact of all is that we have only been together a little over a year. But what a hell of a year!

He is an amazing man. He is a weapons expert, an renouned gunsmith, and still works for the military. Having done courageous things for our country as an Army Ranger, he continues to serve by providing the right equipment and training to our brightest future soldiers. He is a loving and nurturing stepfather. He is loved greatly by his family and the few friends he lets close enough to really "know" him.

And, most importantly, he works on my level. We think alot alike, and feel best when we are together. His intrinsic moral compass is extrordinary. On the subject of religion, he considers himself more of an agnostic than anything. He has known my religious beliefs since the beginning of our relationship, and has never given me a moment's grief about them. Like I, he is far from perfect...but he is perfect for me.

The way I feel about the wedding is this: I couldn't care two shakes who does the actual ceremony. They can be Christian, Catholic (notice I broke those classes up, ha), Jewish, whatever. I have always felt that a true Satanist doesn't care about other religions being in his presence. They have no credibility, therefore they roll off of me like a duck's back. But I love my man enough that I want him to be comfortable with what is our highest day. And I know that means that some mention of "God" is involved. I will, however, make sure that this "minister" does not get too preachy or long-winded. It hurts my ears, and cuts into my reception time. Just give me the mic and let me say why I am marrying him, kiss-kiss, and let's go have a hell of a time at our party!

I am curious, though: Have any of you had a marriage ceremony/situation like this one? How did yours go? Did any of you go back and have a private Satanic ceremony later on? I'm sure he would not oppose that. I've even considered he and I having our own intimate dedication to each other...where we are our own officiants..later on our wedding night.

Through it all, I can honestly say that life is grand. I wish everyone reading this the same for themselves. Just remember that nothing...not even religious beliefs...should ever deter you from what your heart says is the right person for you.

Hail Myself! Hail to my wonderful man!

Hail to the power of love! smile

Last edited by Fala; 02/21/09 11:06 AM. Reason: Added something else nice about him. :)
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Fala] #372520
02/22/09 04:29 AM
02/22/09 04:29 AM
Point Nemo in Pacific Ocean
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

It sounds as though you have a good relationship which is all that really matters ultimately.

So good for you and congratulations!

I have attended weddings between Satanists who had a very Christian ceremony to please the non-Satanist members of the family, and then also had a more private Satanic ceremony as well.

Have your (wedding) cake and eat it too! devilchili

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Nemo] #372522
02/22/09 04:41 AM
02/22/09 04:41 AM
NY USA
M
MasterMagick Offline
MasterMagick  Offline
M

NY USA
Congratulations! I've been to all kinds of weddings where the couple has a more traditional or non denominational ceremony despite one or both of their affiliations or religion. Sometimes you just have to please the crowd too and that's ok.
As you already are thinking you can of course do a more private ceremony to suit whatever you decide later...
To answer the question, I'm the Satanist, she's not. Our ceremony was non denominational and went just fine. Private ceremony of our own design followed later on down the line and was just as much fun.

Enjoy the bubbly & cake!

Magick
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: MasterMagick] #372540
02/22/09 09:57 AM
02/22/09 09:57 AM
Germany/Bavaria
Estray Offline
Estray  Offline

Germany/Bavaria
Congratulations!

Good luck!

Selig sind die Verge▀lichen; denn sie werden auch mit ihren Dummheiten "fertig"
Nietzsche
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Estray] #372576
02/22/09 09:13 PM
02/22/09 09:13 PM
yobbos1 Offline
yobbos1  Offline

You both sound like strong, sensible people I wish all the best to you both. Good luck and congratulations.

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: yobbos1] #372603
02/23/09 02:30 AM
02/23/09 02:30 AM
F
Fala Offline OP
CoS Member
Fala  Offline OP
CoS Member
F

Thank you all so much for taking a moment and sending such kind words. I will make sure to keep this thread bookmarked so I can at least post one wedding pic, if I may so share and indulge.

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Fala] #372608
02/23/09 03:04 AM
02/23/09 03:04 AM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
Roho_the_Rooster  Offline
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
Go Fala!

Now...when you say this guy is good with a gun...that IS a euphemism...right?

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: MasterMagick] #372612
02/23/09 04:07 AM
02/23/09 04:07 AM
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister
Nemo  Offline
CoS Magister

My congratulations to you both!

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Nemo] #372722
02/24/09 02:27 AM
02/24/09 02:27 AM

A
all hallows
Unregistered
all hallows
Unregistered
A

how exciting! congratulations! smile

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: ] #372733
02/24/09 05:02 AM
02/24/09 05:02 AM
USA IA
TranquilChaos Offline
CoS Member
TranquilChaos  Offline
CoS Member

USA IA
To answer your questions:

"I am curious, though: Have any of you had a marriage ceremony/situation like this one? How did yours go? Did any of you go back and have a private Satanic ceremony later on? I'm sure he would not oppose that. I've even considered he and I having our own intimate dedication to each other...where we are our own officiants..later on our wedding night."

I have had a very similar experience how ever I am the one thats a Satanist and good with a gun. I am actually a medically separated US Marine. I've been over to Afganistan and Kuwait as an airframes mechanic on the F-18's.

I just used a non-denominational pastor and requested that when using a reference to the "superior being" use only the term God. This simply allowed every one to interpret it the way they see fit, in my case I viewed it in reference to myself. My wife who is a thiest of no particular belief saw it as the ambiguous superior entity of the Universe.

As far as my personal ritual I think my honey moon was more than sufficent to make our binding an evoking experience.

This year on May 23rd we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary

Congradulation to yours and may it be as rewarding/challenging as mine

Last edited by TranquilChaos; 02/24/09 05:04 AM.
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: TranquilChaos] #372805
02/25/09 04:36 AM
02/25/09 04:36 AM
Virginia
T
Tanya Offline
Tanya  Offline
T

Virginia
My husband and I exchanged vows in his mom's home. His stepfather married us as he was some online universal church authorization. We wrote our own vows, we wrote what he read. We spoke only of our desire to be wed and to be a family. I have a son from a previous relationship so we wanted to include him. I am the Satanist, my husband is Taoist so he needed no talk of god and I invoked none either.It was lovely I am sure yours will be too!! Congrats!

Divergent opinions are not only expected they are appreciated!!
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Fala] #372808
02/25/09 06:26 AM
02/25/09 06:26 AM
Virginia
GMT Offline
CoS Member
GMT  Offline
CoS Member

Virginia
Hello.

And congratulations!

My husband and I were married in a Baptist church.
His family is very religious.
His grandmother especially.
It was a great ceremony.
All the women wore big hats.
It made me smile.

Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: GMT] #372961
02/26/09 07:47 PM
02/26/09 07:47 PM
Norway
Garm Offline

Garm  Offline

Norway
I have not had any personal experience when it comes to this.

But i hope everything goes well and i wish you and your husband all the best.

Hope you both have an awesome day, and a great future together smile

Hail Satan!
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Garm] #373043
02/27/09 10:49 PM
02/27/09 10:49 PM
Alberta, Canada
Lilibeta Offline
Lilibeta  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Well this is wonderful news, congratulations!

I hope your ceremony is everything you want. (please post pics)

BF1 is basically an atheist. We're not married though we did indulge in a 'commitement ceremony' several years ago in a Las Vegas wedding chapel.

It was great, every public, broadcast on the 'net, completely non-denominational, no mention of any sort of religion, we even openly expressed our dislike for the government sticking its nose in our relationship etc.

We both wore black and purple, walked up the aisle together to Rammstein, and back down to Rob Zombie. Our multitude of pictures were taken by a professional in a local cemetery (they are the best kept parks around). Everything was lovely.

Congratulations again!

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.
Re: A Satanist and an Agnostic Wed... [Re: Lilibeta] #373095
02/28/09 01:53 PM
02/28/09 01:53 PM
Scotland
M
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess
MagdaGraham  Offline
CoS Priestess
M

Scotland
Congratulations to anyone who has made a relationship work.

If posting pictures, please bear in mind that this is the public section of LttD, so it would be wise to conceal faces.

We are the makers of manners. (Shakespeare)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics43,731
Posts401,443
Members13,396
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.138s Queries: 15 (0.131s) Memory: 1.0991 MB (Peak: 1.2980 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-12-14 06:33:55 UTC