Topic Options
#373258 - 03/01/09 09:52 PM Introductory Post
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Greetings. My name is Todd, and I live in the desert known as Arizona. I suppose I've been a Satanist for the past few years, but did not know it. The Satanic Bible was quite a read, which I finished just today, no less. Hopefully I didn't misconstrue any of Anton LaVey's teachings.

Anyway, my primary interests are video games and metal (including the variety with cookie monster vocals). My favorite bands are Metallica and Slayer. I also enjoy movies and books, and a few television shows here and there. The internet is also and addiction of mine. Currently, I am learning to play the guitar, and may start a band as a hobby, as I've already begun writing songs.

I think it'll take me a while to get used to saying "Hail Satan!", but it shouldn't be too hard considering what music I listen to. =P

#373267 - 03/02/09 12:58 AM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Zaranell]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
I've been a Satanist for years and I still don't say "Hail Satan" hardly ever. It's not required.

Besides, I listen to country. Charlie Daniel's Band was the best I could do.

~Branwyn

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#373268 - 03/02/09 01:42 AM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Zaranell]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

I remember the first time I heard Kill 'Em All. I was in a punk band at the time and was like "Whoa the drums are the same, but the guitar shit is amazing!". Can't say I really like Slayer, but what songs I have heard are pretty nice.

As far as bands go that have "Satanic" themes I like Venom and Morbid Angel. Really fucking cheesy shit, but Pete Sandovall is a pretty sweet drummer. Aside from bands like Mayhem and Dark Throne, I can't really get into Black Metal.

One thing that you'll notice as you read more about Satanism is that a lot of the Heavy Metal stuff is only useful insofar as personal taste goes.

If you can get past, and understand why Satanism employs such imagery (why it's called Satanism), and you easily live the philosophy, that's indicative that it is inherent in your nature, i.e. you are a born Satanist. If not, that's great too. As most would agree, one of the most Satanic things an individual can do is self explore and be fine with whatever they find.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#373290 - 03/02/09 11:09 AM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Branwyn]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Branwyn
I've been a Satanist for years and I still don't say "Hail Satan" hardly ever. It's not required.

Besides, I listen to country. Charlie Daniel's Band was the best I could do.

~Branwyn

Listen, damnit...if you insist on thinking for yourself and not trying to fit in, people might get the wrong idea. What are you...a Satanist or something? wink

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#373321 - 03/02/09 07:17 PM Re: Introductory Post [Re: NapalmNick]
Zaranell Offline

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
One thing that you'll notice as you read more about Satanism is that a lot of the Heavy Metal stuff is only useful insofar as personal taste goes.

If you can get past, and understand why Satanism employs such imagery (why it's called Satanism), and you easily live the philosophy, that's indicative that it is inherent in your nature, i.e. you are a born Satanist. If not, that's great too. As most would agree, one of the most Satanic things an individual can do is self explore and be fine with whatever they find.

Of course I understand - Satan is derived from the Hebrew word for "adversary," as in "Satanism is the adversary of all current religions." It's also the only one that makes any damn sense.

#373343 - 03/02/09 11:23 PM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Zaranell]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Well, it's the only religion that makes sense to a born Satanist... ;-) Xtianity makes perfect sense to someone with Xtian 'sensibilities', and that's fine, a person cut from that cloth would make a lousy Satanist. We don't want or need 'numbers' to justify ourselves, nor are we seeking to 'open everyone's eyes to the truth'.

As a general rule of thumb, Satanists don't really give a flying fuck about other religions or belief systems, as long as they don't force their agenda into the realm of politics or their actions impede a Satanists personal freedom, the vast majority can prey to a holy golden turd or block of cheese if that is what floats their boat or is the delusion required to make their miserable little lives more 'bearable'... (Doesn't mean we won't hold them in contempt for it, but that's a different story again).

As to heavy metal - yes, it's a matter of personal taste. Some Satanists like it - many others despise it.

Personally, I don't much like it. I do appreciate some of the earliest works of Metallica though (especially the song "Am I Evil?", which evokes powerful memories of my youth - and is well structured and very emotionally stimulating), but the more 'primitive' stuff like Slayer just sounds jumbled to me, and always has...

To each his own.

#373372 - 03/03/09 09:21 AM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Hedonist]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
So, are you the guy I was talking to on Undercroft? Either way, welcome! I burn in the ashtray of the US right along with ya. :}

#373463 - 03/03/09 11:14 PM Re: Introductory Post [Re: Hedonist]
Zaranell Offline

Originally Posted By: Hedonist
the vast majority can prey to a holy golden turd or block of cheese if that is what floats their boat or is the delusion required to make their miserable little lives more 'bearable'...

None of them know it, but in reality, they're all praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster .

Have you been touched by His Noodley Appendage?

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements