Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#374926 - 03/16/09 04:50 PM Satanic Rituals and Magic
Patrick6 Offline

I was wondering what it is that Satanists do in rituals to get results? Is it about just venting your emotions, crying, demanding what it is you want, almost like an emotional prayer to the self? Or is it pretending in your mind that you already have what you want emotionaly? Then do you wait for it to come about somehow, or do things to make it happen?

I have read about the rituals in the Satanic Bible and even performed a couple and enjoyed it, but never did get any actual results for some reason so I was wondering if the results really do come and if so what might I be doing wrong? thank you

#374928 - 03/16/09 04:54 PM Re: Satanic Rituals and Magic [Re: Patrick6]
Patrick6 Offline

Also is it true that a lot of Satanists use demons in rituals, not as real beings of course. But many say they are symbols of thought forms or pools of energy or impressions that exist in the ethers or astral plane? just curious

#374960 - 03/16/09 10:16 PM You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You did say that you read The Satanic Bible, correct?

If so, please read it again and more slowly.

It is hard to answer your question more clearly and succinctly than Anton LaVey did in the prime source material there on this subject.

#378305 - 04/18/09 11:54 AM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Nemo]
Patrick6 Offline

In the "Devils Notebook" LaVey says to just do a ritual and wish hard for your desire in some way with your emotions and then forget about it and stop caring then it will come to you.
So is that really how it works? You do a ritual and then forget the whole thing and stop caring all about it and somehow, someway your desire will come to you?

#378321 - 04/18/09 01:55 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
So is that really how it works?

Some questions cannot be answered for you by others.

You state that you have the primary source material for Satanic magic.

You state that you have read what it says.

You also should understand from that literature that we have nothing to do with criminal acts or the sacrifice of living things.

We do not tell people to believe in the reality of magic.

Satanists are empiricists, in my opinion.

If you want to find out if Greater Magic works for you, then you have to verify it for yourself.

If it doesn't seem to work for you (as you mentioned), you need to determine if you really did it right or not before you assume that it can't work for you.

If you just believe in it without really trying it properly, that is not what is explained in the source material either.

I should probably repeat here that to follow this religion and consider yourself a Satanist, Greater Magic is entirely optional.

There are Satanists who consider Greater Magic to be nothing more than psychodrama.

There are Satanists who consider Greater Magic to be nothing more than ceremony for ceremony's sake.

Satanism casts a wide net within which many individuals fit but not all agree on some details.

Greater Magic is one of those details.

#378322 - 04/18/09 02:04 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Nemo]
Patrick6 Offline

NEMO: Thank you.

I do feel that the letting out of emotions in the ritual makes sense. I was just confused by the what he said about after the ritual? I thought you would need to maybe act on the desire somehow to make it happen or something. But then he made it sound like you are suppose to no longer care and forget the whole thing?

#378362 - 04/19/09 12:42 AM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Okay, I will offer my view on this for you.

It depends upon how what you assume to be true about Greater Magic.

If you assume it is strictly ceremony for ceremony's sake then after the ceremony it would probably not really matter one way or the other.

If you assume that it is strictly psychodrama and you did this to "get it out of your system", then dwelling on it again would be counterproductive to "getting it out of your system", wouldn't it?

If you assume that Greater Magic could have a direct affect on the situation (such as influencing other people at a distance), then the source material advises you to let it go so that you do not undercut it.

#378431 - 04/19/09 01:30 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Nemo]
Patrick6 Offline

Thank you very much for that.

So if I do let out all of my emotions in the ritual for something I desire and then let go and forget about it, and put it out of my mind and do not act on it at all, it should somehow come to me at some point out of no where as some Satanists have said? correct. Thank you again for your advice

#378440 - 04/19/09 02:46 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
So if I do let out all of my emotions in the ritual for something I desire and then let go and forget about it, and put it out of my mind and do not act on it at all, it should somehow come to me at some point out of no where as some Satanists have said?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Only you can effectively answer this question.

However, not acting on it at all even if you felt you knew such actions would be productive seems to be something you have added on your own.

I would suggest following the instructions without changing the instructions.

#378542 - 04/20/09 04:47 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Nemo]
Patrick6 Offline

So you mean I do need to act on it even while forcing myself to forget about it is what you are saying? Sounds tricky?

#378554 - 04/20/09 07:19 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I would suggest re-reading the articles "The Comination Lock Principle" (what set-ups work for me won't necessarily work for you, and vice versa) and especially "Ravings from Tartarus" from The Devil's Notebook.

Quote:
So you mean I do need to act on it even while forcing myself to forget about it is what you are saying? Sounds tricky?

To make an analogy here, think of the experience of watching a movie. You can't force yourself to like a particular movie. Also, you enjoy it best when you're really "into" it and tune out everything else. Of course during this whole time you do know in the back of your mind that this is "just a movie", but to keep reminding yourself of that would defeat the purpose. Similarly, Satanic magic demands an "intellectual decompression" that doesn't extend into 24-7 mysticism.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#378827 - 04/22/09 04:40 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Bill_M]
Patrick6 Offline

Thank you

If I understand what you are saying is that even while acting on trying to get your desire in some way I need to forget about the ritual, the magic and the desire itself even while doing steps to attain it. I am I correct?

#379022 - 04/23/09 05:13 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Patrick6
If I understand what you are saying is that even while acting on trying to get your desire in some way I need to forget about the ritual, the magic and the desire itself even while doing steps to attain it. I am I correct?

I wouldn't go so far as to say "forget" about the ritual and everything entirely. Just that the ritual is the time and place to push the associated emotions/desire to the limit.

It's not about forcing yourself to forget it. In fact you can't really force yourself to forget something, because that just brings it more into focus. It's like that old saying "Don't think of a pink elephant! Uh-oh, too late." To quote one of the essays I mentioned, "This can be likened to an ambivalent feeling towards sex immediately following a rewarding sexual experience." A successful ritual, in my opinion, finishes with the feeling that you've already obtained what it was you wanted.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#379230 - 04/25/09 11:19 AM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Bill_M]
Patrick6 Offline

Thank you all. I appreciate the advice.

#379231 - 04/25/09 12:07 PM Re: You hold the answers in your hand. [Re: Patrick6]
Patrick6 Offline

One more thing then. Just how much action or regular steps should be taken in order to gain your desire? Some Satanists have said that you need to work hard to get what you want, but others say to do just a little and let the magic do the rest or you will get in it's way?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406069 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements