Topic Options
#376209 - 03/29/09 01:08 PM Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

March 29, 2009
For Immediate Release

Former BOLT THROWER/BENEDICTION Frontman David Ingram Discusses His ‘Satanic Epiphany’

An extensive, career-spanning interview with legendary Death Metal vocalist David Ingram (Bolt Thrower/ Benediction/Downlord), conducted by music writer Joel Gausten, has been posted online at http://www.gaustenbooks.com/ingram.htm. In addition to discussing his musical history and current work as an Internet radio show host, Ingram speaks openly about his active participation in the Church of Satan, which he joined in 2007.

Gausten, himself a Satanist and longtime member of the Church of Satan, recently published “Words From The Third Side: Essays on Sex, Satan & Success,” an autobiographical tale detailing his experiences as a member of the Church as well as memorable run-ins with members of Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, The Germs, The Misfits, Black Sabbath and many others. The book is available for purchase at http://www.gaustenbooks.com.

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#376226 - 03/29/09 03:09 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: JCLAG]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Very interesting interview. David Ingram is certainly an extremely productive person, which sadly also tends to get in the way of me actually meeting him in person (we live almost in the same town).

I'm hoping to make it happen soon. Perhaps I should bring him a copy of your book - for some reason I ended up ordering two copies when I bought it.

#376228 - 03/29/09 03:23 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: verszou]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

I'm pretty sure Dave has a copy.
So you're the guy who ordered two! smile

#376278 - 03/30/09 12:25 AM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: JCLAG]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: JGausten77
I'm pretty sure Dave has a copy.
So you're the guy who ordered two! smile

Yes, not wanting to admit I fumbled I still look for a way to make it look like it was on purpose smile

I really enjoyed the book though. My only criticism is that it's too short, I would have loved to read more of your thoughts. Hope there will be a second book at some point.

#376299 - 03/30/09 09:57 AM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: verszou]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks.
As far as a second book, you never know. I have books on SWANS, Rik L Rik, Warzone, Aerosmith, etc. to get off the plate first, plus there's the whole marriage-and-relocation thing. smile

Oh, and also the Satanic Familiar project: http://www.myspace.com/satanicfamiliar.

By the way, a little debate over the merits of the above interview is currently raging here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117107

Of course, the always-amusing Metal masses are displaying their ignorance once again, but it makes for funny Monday morning reading.

HS!

#376365 - 03/30/09 06:55 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: JCLAG]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

That was a good read. Hope you'll have the time to do some more of that type of stuff, maybe an interview with Bobby Steele?

#376367 - 03/30/09 07:12 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: Unknown User]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Ha! An interview with Bobby?
Hell, every day of my life is an interview with Bobby!

Seriously, an interview is in the upcoming second edition of the Misfits/Undead book.

HS!
Joel

#376386 - 03/30/09 10:42 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: JCLAG]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
that was funny, not the interview, the morons talkin bout stuff they obviously don't know about. By the Way great interview.

#376391 - 03/30/09 10:59 PM Re: Satanist to Satanist: Warlock Gausten Interviews Citizen Ingram [Re: S810]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12113 Members
73 Forums
43870 Topics
405531 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM