Topic Options
#37656 - 04/28/04 06:37 AM Don't drink and drive.
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I recently heard that if you are caught while driving when you're drunk in Malaysia, you will be shot there and then.
It doesn't matter if you're the Prime Minister, the President of the USA or a tourist. Drive when drunk, and you're dead.

I do not know if this is true, but I find it to be a good idea.

I like this form of justice.

In my eyes, drunken drivers have a death wish, so I think the police should be more than happy to fulfill their wishes.

Is this something you would like to see where you live?
Discuss.

#37657 - 04/28/04 09:58 AM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: $lesk]
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
I think it's a very bad idea. Imagine if you were driving drunk and the police tried to stop you. You would not stop and just accept that you were going to be shot. You would try to escape and in your drunken state would be more likely to kill someone else.
The potential for corruption is also increased. the police could stop someone and then shoot them claiming that they had been drinking, just for fun. The police could also use this as an easy way to make money by stopping people and forcing them to pay a bribe or die.
Not a good idea, most people just aren't trustworthy enough to have that kind of power.

#37658 - 04/29/04 09:51 PM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: mattevans]
Anonymous
Unregistered

i find that to a be a bit retarded because death isnt a punishment and no one should have the right to take anothers life especially for something as minor as driving when your locked

#37659 - 04/29/04 09:55 PM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: mattevans]
Sarn Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
Matt is right

No one would ever pull over, they would do everything in their power to get away because they know when stopped they are going to die.

A law like this would not prevent more tragedy it was cause it.

#37660 - 04/29/04 11:00 PM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: mattevans]
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
From a purely emotional standpoint, I like the idea of shooting drunk drivers. However, I have to admit that Matt has a very good point. It just wouldn't be practical.

#37661 - 04/30/04 12:00 AM Re: Don't drink and drive.
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
You don't think that death is a punishment?
Hang on... "occupation- stoner, hobbies- stoning, bio- I like hash". That pretty much explains it, if drugs are the only thing in your life then maybe death wouldn't be a punishment.

#37662 - 04/30/04 04:07 AM From an American perspective [Re: $lesk]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I like the idea of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law much better.

This supposed Malaysian justice you're talking about is way too corruptable, way too harsh, and foolish.

It's already hard enough to be sure whether or not people are rightly sentenced to death due to the natural, and sometimes intentional, fallibility of various national justice systems. Properly judging whether or not some 16 year old kid (of a celebrity that has made authorities uneasy for example) deserved a curb-side execution is far more problematic.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#37663 - 04/30/04 09:43 AM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: mattevans]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada (Québec)
You're right it a bad idea but when the guy who driving drunk kill someone he should have the death sentence(not the case here in Canada)..When I was 5 a drunk driver hit me with 2 others kids and my two little friends were killed!! You know what? The driver had a sentence to jail of 2 years the week-end only! The rest of the time, this children killer, was outside and enjoy his fucking life! I think he deserve death but I don't think it a police job to apply this kind of law(for all the reason mention by Mattevans).Maybe just hurting him a lot before he had the sentence by a judge
Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Magus Peter H. Gilmore (Rebels Without Cause)

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
Folding@home Church of Satan
The Devil's Trill
Metal Invaders on Myspace
Radio Free Satan

#37664 - 04/30/04 01:48 PM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: $lesk]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
I like this form of justice.

In this form of justice, there is no jury of peers, nor a fair trial. The officer becomes judge, jury, and executioner.

What happens when an officer pulls over his nephew? His daughter? Will he be unbiased?

What happens when the officer is offered a bribe to spare the life of the accused?

What happens if the drunk driver also has a weapon and is ready to fight for his or her life? What if the drunk driver comes out on top?

What if the drunk driver is a woman who desperately needed to escape an attacker? Still no excuse?

Do you truly like this form of justice, or did you just not think it through all of the way?

#37665 - 05/01/04 07:13 AM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: Mason_Rust]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I'm sorry.
I did not think it all the way through.
I guess i wrote the post from an emotional point of view, not a logical one.

However I DO think that drunk drivers should be severly punished.

#37666 - 05/12/04 10:52 AM Re: Don't drink and drive. [Re: $lesk]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I think "severely punished" is an understatement. I think we should switch out the military for the police and let them run the prisons. See how many people drink and drive when they know they are gonna be stacked on other naked men if they are caught. And with the police dealing with Iraq, maybe something will be done right for once, and not nearly as many civilians killed.

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406048 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements