Topic Options
#377687 - 04/12/09 06:16 PM Joining Date
Memento Offline

CoS Member

Loc: United Kingdom
I have finally finished my lengthy Active Application form, as well as mustered up the funds to join the Church of Satan (being a student its a tad more difficult to do without sacrificing things in your life to an insane degree)! I was going to send my application off a few days ago, until I looked at the date.

Walpurgishnacht is only 17 days away, and I thought it would be both aesthetically and personally pleasing to send away my money (via PayPal) and my application on April 30th, but here is my question. I know that the average wait for Registered membership is a month for two, and active membership being about a year or longer, but if I were to send the fees on April 30th (and therefore have it arrive the same day) and mail out my application on that day, is it possible to have my date of joining "for the records" be listed as that day (Walpurgishnacht)? Any insight into this would be great.

Two more quick technicality points. Firstly, if I am sending my money through paypal but my registered email address with them is different than my personal one which I list on my application, do I need to note this and if so where? (both emails have my name in them, except one has the word paypal in it.) Secondly, for my active membership should I still submit a photo if I have already included a form of photocopied ID?

Many Thanks.

#377724 - 04/12/09 11:17 PM Re: Joining Date [Re: Memento]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
is it possible to have my date of joining "for the records" be listed as that day (Walpurgishnacht)?

Probably not, since there's no guarantee that the registration is going to be filed on the same day as payment received. I don't see how it matters anyway. Your official date of joining isn't something that would show up outside of the main office. Heck, I don't even know my own "exact" date of starting membership.

Of course, if sending it out on April 30th is ritually symbolic for you, then that's what counts.

Quote:
if I am sending my money through paypal but my registered email address with them is different than my personal one which I list on my application, do I need to note this and if so where?

It certainly doesn't hurt. You could mention it in both the Paypal notes and when you send in your application.

Quote:
for my active membership should I still submit a photo if I have already included a form of photocopied ID?

The active membership application says "include a photo". So I'd recommend including a photo, not just a photocopied picture ID.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405202 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements