Topic Options
#376558 - 04/02/09 06:20 AM The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review]
DBlackthorne Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: The Infernal Empire
Essentially a Satan's Tarot workbook, the author carefully distills Qabballistic principles with a Satanic point of view away from blindlight delusions, focusing on the nether-symbology of the 'Tree of Life', more specifically, the subterranian, subconscious meaning of the roots, or The Dark Tree of Life, sustained by The Dark Force in Nature Satan, resonant with those innately imbued with The Black Flame within - the Satanist.

Includes empowering ritualistic visualizations {rites of The Inverse Cross and Pentagram; carnal grounding unto auto-deification and traveling through The Gates of Hell symbolized as the blazing Baphomet and black trapezoid, with particular sigils}, and reflective meditations with Satan's Tarot.

As indicated in The Satanic Bible, The Gates of Hell also asserts the inspirational Greater Magical workings within The Ritual Chamber to enhance one's application of Lesser Magic in the outside world.

Highly recommended as an additional experimental resource to working with the cards, which are psychologically pertinent to the Satanic mindset, and an exercise of The Shadow Side of the psyche. A splendid addition to one's practice and study thereof. For those who do not possess Satan's Tarot, images of the cards are available upon request.

#377760 - 04/13/09 09:30 AM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: DBlackthorne]
III Offline
CoS Member

A wonderful text to be sure. Although It was unfortunate to discover that my copy was ah lacking such diagrams as III & IV in CHAPTER TWO: The Alphabet of Desire. Furthermore The Gates of Hel remains an essential part of my studies despite formentioned incompletion. coopdevil

#398476 - 10/16/09 04:59 AM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: III]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Linenopolis
Apologies for reviving what appears to be an old topic, but I wanted to say a few things of my own.

First: My copy also lacks diagrams III and IV. It would be nice if anyone had an image of these diagrams for the sake of completeness.

Secondly: I found the book to be a great help in focus for ritual work in general.

I have always had an interest in the Tree of Life (indeed, it was a book on it that started my awakening to magic, and thus led to me finding the Church of Satan), but always hated how it was always obscured by idiots who didnt want people to do anything without praying for protection continually. What's the point of exploring if you're going nowhere and tripping over your own shadow?

I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in the Tree and it's uses in Greater Magic. It has certainly been an aid to my work.

Not every cage is made of bars.
"The Humanoid form makes an excellent concentrated protein. " - Davros
"You are a collection of probability fields. " - Me.

#398486 - 10/16/09 08:55 AM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: DamienMocata]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

I sent you a PM regarding this.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#419718 - 04/27/10 02:28 AM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: DBlackthorne]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
"Deep" is the best word for this book. It starts deep within Satanic philosophy and concept and only goes deeper. It wastes no time explaining the basics of Mysticism or Satanism, it just tells you how to use the former as an approach to the later- Clearly, succinctly, and effectively.

This book is the basic text on how to commandeer Kabbalah for Satanic purposes. I say basic but there can be no advanced text because we are not O.T.O. or Golden Dawn or some textbook adaptable system of how to think. So while it showcases contents superficially similar to the Book of Thoth or Vision and the Voice, it's not the author's occult experience- It's a clear guide on how to take the concepts and practices that make Kabbalah a powerful magical and psychological tool and turn them towards one's self, toward the left hand path, and into the darkness.

I am also happy to say it's not a simple inversion of the principles- It's an application of the same principles for ones own ends. Real ends and not pipe dreams as the systems have always been used for (i.e. "I have seized the true flaming sword of the Archangel Michael from which all power emanates! I shall use it to send happy love vibrations toward all man and womankind!"). The imagery used is also as resonant to Satanic aesthetics as the common "originals" were in their day, for example the idea of falling down the roots of the tree of life, in contrast to the typical climb we have the Fall of Satan.

That's not to imply the book is all general conceptualism, quite the opposite- It gets into details and specifics. The techniques contained within, from ritual outline to a vastly different set of Tarot trumps, are all easily adapted to any (Smart, Satanist) individual with a use for them. Like Magister Rose's concept of Hell as a state of mind, Magister Sprague provides Satanic uses for concepts such as the Tree of Life, 4 elements, gateway-sigils and more. He also grants Kabbalistic applications to the Satanic elements of Sin, personality types, etc. The manner in which he adapts the old creatures is easily applied to any other arts not covered.

The word "Numerology" never even appears in the book but after reading, a numerology buff should have no problem in finding 216 news uses for their preferred art within the Satanic arena. Like all the best Satanic literature, ideas sprout like weeds while reading. This book is a most powerful and versatile tool. It is the Swiss Army Knife of Satanic Magic.

#472300 - 04/01/12 10:57 PM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: DBlackthorne]
Belianon Offline

Loc: French overseas
Originally Posted By: DBlackthorne
For those who do not possess Satan's Tarot, images of the cards are available upon request.

I remember having seen the entire deck of the Satan's Tarot on the Draconis Blackthorne ages ago.

I'm disappointed to see the Satan's Tarot isn't available to sale as I'd like very much to order a copy to work with.

Do you know where I could find the pictures of this inspiring work if I really can't buy it?

Thank you in advance.
- Jim Rohn

#478997 - 08/18/12 09:29 AM Re: The Gates of Hell by Rev. George Sprague [review] [Re: DBlackthorne]
Electric Wizard Offline

This is probably a dead thread but, where do I buy this book?

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements