Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#377896 - 04/14/09 09:27 AM The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse?
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Satanism is a religion, right?

It was the last time I checked anyway.

We do have a Bible, right?

If Scriptures are meant to define and inspire its members then this would be my personal favorite from The Book of Satan.

2:7 "He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom."

This verse acts as a reminder to constantly guard my mind from the flood of information that I receive from interacting with the herd on a daily basis.

If I allow the herd mentality of "mediocrity", "lack of personal responsibility" and "victim complexes" to weasel their way into my thought processes then my foundation as a Satanist is weakened, if not destroyed.

Hail Power!
Hail Strength!
Hail Satan!

What's Your favorite Bible verse?

Edited by Ice Claw (04/14/09 10:24 AM)
Edit Reason: paragraph spacing

#377902 - 04/14/09 10:34 AM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Some of my personal favorites:

"And your spirit -- your immortal spirit -- shall live, not in an intangible paradise, but in the blood in sinews of those whose respect you've gained."

"Say unto thine own heart 'I am mine own redeemer'."

"Popular lies have been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them: Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers. Exterminate them root and branch, Annihilate them, or they will us!"

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#377911 - 04/14/09 12:05 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
A few that I fancy:

1:7 "No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen!"

2:11 "Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action!"

5:7 "Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true MEssiahs--Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!"

Edited by Descendant (04/14/09 02:50 PM)

#377918 - 04/14/09 01:22 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
From the beginning of the Infernal Diatribe:

"...Their talk of "charity", when applied to His Infernal Majesty, becomes an empty sham - and most unfairly, too, considering the obvious fact that without their Satanic foe their very religions would collapse. How sad, that the allegorical personage most responsible for the success of spiritual religions is shown the least amount of charity and the most consistent abuse - and by those who most unctuously preach the rules of fair play!"

Stated beautifully and with elegance: The Devil is the Church's best friend.

From the Book of Satan III (my favorite stanza):

"Can the torn and bloody victim "love" the blood-splashed jaws that rend him limb from limb?... Love your enemies and do good to them that hate and use you - is this not the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls upon its back when kicked?"

Justification for hate and revenge simply stated.

#377942 - 04/14/09 03:50 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: J. Favenris]
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
From the prologue section of the Book of Satan:

"So they all join hands in “brotherly” unity and in their desperation go to Valhalla for their last great ecumenical council. “Draweth near in the gloom the twilight of the gods.” The ravens of the night have flown north to summon Loki, who hath set Valhalla aflame with the searing trident of The Inferno. The Twilight is done. A glow of new light is borne out of the night and Lucifer is risen once more to proclaim: “This is the age of Satan! Satan rules the Earth!"

Many people whom are misinformed regarding our religion are quick to limit us to the realm of being "Anti-Christian". I admire this part of the Satanic Bible because of how it uses dramatic imagery to convey that Satanism is opposed to ALL spiritual religions throughout history. I can remember when I first read the Satanic Bible and how I was surprised to discover that LaVey had included imagery from many cultures around the world, as opposed to limiting himself to Christianity. Needless to say I was pleased!

Hail Satan!

#377947 - 04/14/09 04:43 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: ROA]
Terrenial Offline

When I have children, while the herd is sending off their kids to become brainwashed at christian bible camp, I will send mine to memorize Satanic Bible verses laugh

#377949 - 04/14/09 05:28 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Terrenial]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Cute indeed Terrenial, but to keep the responses related
to the topic could you post your favorite verse(s) for us?

Edited by Ice Claw (04/14/09 06:41 PM)
Edit Reason: typos :o)

#377951 - 04/14/09 05:54 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Cute indeed Terrenial, but to keep the responces related
to the topic could you post your favorite verse(s) for us?

If you're going to be snarky with people for little reason, the least you could do is run your spell check.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#377954 - 04/14/09 06:16 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Bruja]
Azathoth Offline

4:1. I think it summarizes the essence of Satanism quite nicely.

#377958 - 04/14/09 06:44 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Bruja]
Ice Claw Offline

CoS Member

Typos corrected.

I can not trust that iPhone auto spell checker to save my life grin

#378019 - 04/15/09 07:27 AM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
TranquilChaos Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA IA
My Favorite would be the whole chapter on "love and hate". At the very least it's what provided the greatest amount of clearity when I read it.

#378079 - 04/15/09 06:24 PM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: TranquilChaos]
nob'di Offline

umm... all of it? lol
Every verse of The Infernal Diatribe packs the punch of a thousand fists and the distilled wisdom of my favorite philosophers.
If I had to choose, though, my favorite verse would be:

"Blessed are the valiant, for they shall obtain great treasure - Cursed are the believers in good and evil, for they are frightened by shadows!"

#378137 - 04/16/09 08:17 AM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
WolfMoon Offline

Originally Posted By: Ice Claw
If Scriptures are meant to define and inspire its members then this would be my personal favorite from The Book of Satan.

2:7 "He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom."

One of my favorite verses as well.

HS!

#378144 - 04/16/09 08:57 AM Re: The Book of Satan - What's your favorite verse? [Re: Ice Claw]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Aside from saying all of it, My personal favorites are:

"I break away from all conventions that do not lead to My earthly success and happiness".

Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer".

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#378196 - 04/16/09 10:21 PM My favorite verse that encapsulates all others. [Re: Ice Claw]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:
IV:1 "Life is the great indulgence - death the great abstinence."

Miss that and nothing else matters.

Get that and nothing else matters.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics