Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#379012 - 04/23/09 04:44 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Unknown]
Charlie R Offline

Okay, I really hope none of the "brainwashed military" comments were directed at me, because I said nothing of the sort. I didn't mention conformism or how the government brainwashes people, or how soldiers can't think for them self, or how radical Islam isn't a threat to our society. It had nothing to do with what I was saying.

I honestly have no clue where you guys are coming from with these sort of replies.

#379015 - 04/23/09 04:53 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: TheAbysmal]
axide Offline

Loc: Alabama, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
I kill people so that I can live.

I enjoyed this response a lot. Clearly, many people take issue with this perspective, and the ethics of war can be somewhat complicated. It is interesting, however, to think of nations' militaries as corporations in a "violent conflict resolution" industry.

Obviously, there are personal ideals involved in a decision to join. I don't think most people would enlist (in a scenario where enlisting was optional) in their country's military if they preferred the policies and ruling structures of the nations they would be fighting against over their own (no matter HOW good the pay). Then again the Eighth Satanic Rule of the Earth should probably come into play at some point in that regard. Why live in a country you wouldn't defend if necessary (recognizing that the definition of "necessary" varies from person to person)?

#379018 - 04/23/09 04:58 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I think perhaps they are directed at Terrenial.

I would have pointed this out in a PM, but your message box is full.

#379019 - 04/23/09 04:58 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I don't know why it should matter so much to somebody who, last I checked, doesn't even consider himself a Satanist. But anyway...

As it says right in The Satanic Bible on page 77, "Each person must decide for himself what his obligations are to his respective friends, family, and community." I don't see anything unsatanic about extending that to "nation".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#379023 - 04/23/09 05:18 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

Considering that some of the Founding Fathers were de facto Satanists that would make this country a Satanic country. Now that's something I think that's worth fighting for, don't you?

Edited by Ushiwakamaru (04/23/09 05:22 PM)

#379037 - 04/23/09 06:32 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Unknown User]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Your argument against a Satanist joining the military is not very well founded. I was a soldier in the United States Army for 6 years and did 3 combat tours of Operation Iraqi Freedom, 2 in Baghdad and one in Kirkuk. I have seen very good friends die right in front of me as well as have watched people die at the other end of my weapon. However, as dangerous as war might seem to someone who has never been, it might surprise you to know that you have a higher risk of death crossing the street in NYC than of dying in combat. You also have a greater risk of catching an uncurable, deadly disease using a public restroom in Ohio than you do of catching an IED in Iraq. The only reason it seems any more dangerous is due to the fact that our deaths make the news, yours wouldn't. There are a thousand reasons for and against joining the military, ultimately its up to you, but self preservation is not a very convincing argument.

Edited by Lu_Safyr (04/23/09 06:33 PM)

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#379045 - 04/23/09 07:17 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Looking at the number of casualties from both Iraq and Afghanistan, I would say that the chances of being killed in a modern war are around the same as getting killed in a car accident on the way to work.

Anyways, it doesn't matter if you're in a combat MOS or not. Support personnel go to war the same as any tanker, infantryman, etc. Hell, I'm a freakin' civilian and I've been to Iraq twice and am looking at volunteering to go for a third time.
Prevention of Virtue

#379058 - 04/23/09 09:01 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: LKRice]
Armageddon Offline

Speaking of the military, on the COS website their is an old army pamphlet for chaplins on the members in the COS (DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY PAMPHLET NO. 165-13).
It says it is just for historical reference. My question is, is there a new DA pam on COS, or is there no "offical" stance on COS in the military anymore?

~Armageddon skull

#379060 - 04/23/09 09:20 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Armageddon]
TheAbysmal Offline

Oh, the pamphlet no longer mentions the CoS.

Neither is Satanism recognized in eMilpo, EDAS, and other Army systems.

You can put it on your ID Tags if you like, however.

Otherwise, Army personnel have the official options of Other, Atheist, or No Religios Preference.

I prefer to put my Penicillin alergy where religion would go.

The only mention I ever made of my affiliation with the CoS is to those that investigate my background and grant my security clearances, and even that was scary/funny.

Refuse to die.

#379061 - 04/23/09 09:37 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Lux Occulta Offline

I don't generally post on these forums anymore, since I lost the password to my old account nearly a year ago and have no way of retrieving it, however..

I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps last month not for 'patriotism', not for 'nationalism', but for a combination of three things -- accomplishing what I want to do with my life, the warrior ethos, and a job that actually pays pretty damned good -- monetary and otherwise -- if the benefits are reaped properly.

Granted, my MOS is 5811, and I could have enlisted in a 'safer' branch for military police such as the Navy or the Airforce, but I chose the Marines simply because of the greater focus on the ultimate sport.

I have a much greater chance dying in a car crash on my way to college -- if I die in combat, atleast it was with a bang, so to speak.

#379066 - 04/23/09 11:34 PM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
9/11 was not a conspiracy.

It happened.

When democracy turns her back, the wolves start nipping at her heels. Vigilance is the necessity of liberty.

When a nation fails to defend itself both actively and proactively, then it is complacent and subject to attack by those that find dispute with whatever ideals that nation might hold. In the case of the Western world, we are considered infidels because we do not bend knee to Allah and freedom is ours by virtue of birth.

Because soldiers have put their lives on the line, both now and in the past, you are free to voice your opinion. Not all nations have that right. Should the United States of America cease to defend that right, it would not take long before America joined their company.

Like Thomas Paine once said: "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

Never let it be said that you are not entitled to your opinion, but at least have some respect for those that granted you the right to speak it.

Edited by Poetaster (04/23/09 11:35 PM)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#379069 - 04/24/09 12:01 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: J. Favenris]
nob'di Offline

I don't think we really have to worry about such bat-shit insane fanatics gaining a foothold here in the US like they have in Britain. This is due to the fact that for the last eight years, anyone like that gets detained at customs and we have a much stricter immigration policy.

Now, as for the original poster's question, I think it is worth noting that if doing a service to others you care about (in this case one's country) gives you a sense of gratification, then it is truly Satanic for you to indulge that wish. Self-preservation isn't that big a deal either. All you have to do to stay faithful to that is to avoid getting shot! crossbones

#379078 - 04/24/09 01:48 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Poetaster]
Terrenial Offline

Originally Posted By: Poetaster
9/11 was not a conspiracy.

It happened.

When democracy turns her back, the wolves start nipping at her heels. Vigilance is the necessity of liberty.

When a nation fails to defend itself both actively and proactively, then it is complacent and subject to attack by those that find dispute with whatever ideals that nation might hold. In the case of the Western world, we are considered infidels because we do not bend knee to Allah and freedom is ours by virtue of birth.

Because soldiers have put their lives on the line, both now and in the past, you are free to voice your opinion. Not all nations have that right. Should the United States of America cease to defend that right, it would not take long before America joined their company.

Like Thomas Paine once said: "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

Never let it be said that you are not entitled to your opinion, but at least have some respect for those that granted you the right to speak it.

Whether 9/11 was a conspiracy is a whole other topic. Democracy has enemies nipping at her heels? I don't think that's the case for many democracies, just the bullies like the united states which practice modern imperialism while masking it behind some bullshit to convince the public its justified.

You are serious that you believe we are attacked because we don't worship Allah? Face reality, these people don't attack us because we have ideals they don't like, its because we are subtly dominating them until they are provoked to do something. To cover this up, our citizens are fed a self righteous lie that these people are just "insane fundamentalists who hate us for being americans". That way, you don't feel so bad when you pull that trigger.

I totally believe in survival of the fittest nations, but at least know that is what it is, not this public lie used to manipulate people.

Edited by Terrenial (04/24/09 01:50 AM)

#379079 - 04/24/09 01:51 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:
You are serious that you believe we are attacked because we don't worship Allah? Face reality, these people don't attack us because we have ideals they don't like, its because we are subtly dominating them until they are provoked to do something. To cover this up, our citizens are fed a self righteous lie that these people are just "insane fundamentalists who hate us for being americans". That way, you don't feel so bad when you pull that trigger.

Do you know anything about Islam, anything at all?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#379080 - 04/24/09 01:54 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Poetaster]
Azathoth Offline

Terrenial, I believe you're doing more to convince me that joining the military would be a good idea than any military recruiter ever could. It's almost too bad my education plan is holding up well enough that joining remains a distant Plan B. You're filling me up with patriotism and hatred for the USA's enemies.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements