Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#379082 - 04/24/09 02:06 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Azathoth]
Terrenial Offline

Well Azathoth I was never trying to discourage you, nor do I care what you do.

Poetaster, if your going to make the claim that these are indeed crazy enemies, let me ask you if you have in person ever lived in the middle east long enough to come to a rational conclusion of that. Or... have you been informed this by your friends, family, your countries news channels, and other biased sources...
Do you have any Muslim friends?

#379083 - 04/24/09 02:09 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
So the answer is "no".

Goodnight.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#379084 - 04/24/09 02:11 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
Azathoth Offline

Originally Posted By: Terrenial
Poetaster, if your going to make the claim that these are indeed crazy enemies, let me ask you if you have in person ever lived in the middle east long enough to come to a rational conclusion of that. Or... have you been informed this by your friends, family, your countries news channels, and other biased sources...
Do you have any Muslim friends?

Not Poetaster, but...

I experimented with Islam on and off for 2-3 years in my teens.

My conclusion: it is a religion for people who hate freedom, hate themselves, and generally hate life. It is tyrannical and anti-human to the core. And yes, my experiences were with "moderate" Islam.

Obviously, most practitioners are born into it or practice a watered down version, like any religion, so this does not apply to every Muslim but the underlying principles are clear enough. It is a dangerous religion.

#379085 - 04/24/09 02:12 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Terrenial:

I can say, with two tours, that I am not fond of the Iraqis. They do anything they can to not work, they throw trash wherever (not to mention they burn it in the streets), and they will torture and kill dogs because they are seen as unfavorable. They really add nothing to the world, aside from good archeological studies, and I see no use for them to continue to exist, but that is just my opinion and is not just directed at Iraqis, but at all unproductive, shit-disturbing people, cultures, and societies.

#379088 - 04/24/09 02:21 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
Torrent Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Texas
Terrenial,

Yes, there are many biased sources of information, but at this point it seems like you are getting a bit off topic. This thread was about why Satanists would join the military, not about how the masses are brainwashed. There is a reason we call them sheep...

Whether all people from the middle-east are "crazy" or "insane" is irrelevant. Satanists are supposed to be elite; this means being able to see through the bs and making ones own decision based on ones research and information gathered. This is what seperates "us" from "them."

Edited by Torrent (04/24/09 02:27 AM)

#379090 - 04/24/09 02:26 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Torrent]
Azathoth Offline

And there's nothing "Satanic" about his ranting either. I've heard this same rant a hundred times before. "You're brainwashed by the mass media, man...Do you even know any of those you consider the enemy? You're part of the conformist culture controlled by corporations." This is just the rhetoric of another element of herd culture in the US. It uses a false pretense of skepticism to cover its many, dubious underlying assumptions.

Which brings me to a few questions for Terrenial: Do YOU know any Muslims? Where do YOU get your news? Have YOU lived in the middle east?

You will be held to the same standards you expect of others. The "Silver Rule" (Do Unto Others As They Do Unto You) reigns supreme here.

#379094 - 04/24/09 03:47 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Terrenial]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair

Although I personally despise the irrational, religious like fervor of patriotism; as an American citizen I also hate those who would threaten me as an American, for whatever the reason. My biggest concern is always my personal self interest, after all.

Originally Posted By: Terrenial

Face reality, these people don't attack us because we have ideals they don't like, its because we are subtly dominating them until they are provoked to do something.

Who cares? Their motivation is irrelevant. Sane or insane, good reason or not, an enemy is an enemy; period.

"I don't think that's the case for many democracies, just the bullies like the united states which practice modern imperialism while masking it behind some bullshit to convince the public its justified."

So America is supposed to be the big bad guy, huh?
Thatís fine by me. I have no need for any good-guy badge.

As for Islam, from what I can tell it seems to be like Christianity only worse. At least most American Christians that I know are willing to succumb to many elements of secular society and Capitalism.

Thatís always a good thing as far as Iím concerned!

#379102 - 04/24/09 05:49 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Honestly, at that age, I think I was just drawn to the possibility of violence. The risk to my own safety I considered a fair trade in value. It had nothing to do with civic virtue, or protecting my country, my family or friends. I had other options, did not feel trapped into it, and was just sure I would see some kind of bloody hell.

I just wanted in on the game.

Four years of the USMC infantry and I was ready to go home. I don't see what is un-Satanic about that. I did what I wanted, lived to tell the tale; even got a good cookie for not getting sent to the brig, and an Honorable discharge. Never once did I see combat, and by the end of it, I didn't mind.

Edited by Jack_Lantern (04/24/09 05:49 AM)

#379109 - 04/24/09 07:37 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I realize that the main thrust of the question is why someone would knowingly put themselves in danger. The same question could be asked about professional athletes, hunters and people who enjoy walking around large cities.

Another version of the question may be why someone would do something that did not seem to put themselves first. The same could be said about marriage, having children or teaching. The simple answer is they personally get satisfaction from doing so. I have never been in the service. I imagine that the challenges would give someone who enjoys achieving a great deal of satisfaction.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#379112 - 04/24/09 07:55 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: nob'di]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: DoubtingThomas
I don't think we really have to worry about such bat-shit insane fanatics gaining a foothold here in the US like they have in Britain. This is due to the fact that for the last eight years, anyone like that gets detained at customs and we have a much stricter immigration policy.

Not to be picky here, but even over here in England customs officials tend to stop and detain Middle-Eastern types who get of planes with bloody great placards proclaiming "Death to the Infidels".

And you can stop anyone you want getting in - the problem is that the people in the photos are almost certainly second generation immigrants, born here not imported.

The only way any immigration policy would solve our problem here is if we had a deportation policy which allowed us to deport people born here on the basis of their parentage alone. I won't hold my breath.

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#379123 - 04/24/09 10:42 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Azathoth]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Azathoth

What the hell does "experimented with Islam" mean?

You read a book and bowed to mecca a few times or put electrodes on it?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#379126 - 04/24/09 10:58 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Charlie R]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
This thread has become rather long and I haven't sifted through it, so forgive me if this has already been touched upon.

But I think it a more reaching question to ask is how someone of, say, the Christian faith would integrate joining the military machine without contravining the fundamental tenets of his religion?

As Patton said, "the object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

The ten commandments aside, I would have thought that in itself is something a Satanist would comprehend far more than a Christian, whose religion asserts the practice of self-sacrifice; turning the other cheek.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#379127 - 04/24/09 10:58 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Svengali]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Svengali

LMFAO!

Maybe he was "Allah Curious"?

#379128 - 04/24/09 11:01 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Unknown User]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Allah doesn't fit, I think I'm a size 13.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#379129 - 04/24/09 11:02 AM Re: Why would a Satanist ever join the military? [Re: Svengali]
Descendant Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, Ca
Originally Posted By: Svengali

Magister,

Thank you for a good laugh, I almost pissed my pants when I read this!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements