Topic Options
#379280 - 04/25/09 05:35 PM learning spell casting
MOC Offline

How long does it take to learn to successfully cast spells? I have a deadline and doubt that I will be proficient enough to meet it. What are your suggestions? Thanks.

#379282 - 04/25/09 05:44 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Well, you need to get your Elf up to AT LEAST level 2 before you can EVER consider casting spells. To my knowledge, that requires roughly 2000 experience points, which can be easily obtained by admitting yourself to the local nuthouse, or, by acquiring the Spear of +1 Stupidity, and the Greeves of +2 Teenage Angst.

In all seriousness, I would suggest that you read The Satanic Bible so you have some clue about what the hell you are talking about.

#379285 - 04/25/09 06:08 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: TheDegenerate]
MOC Offline

Thanks for the warm welcome. So, you mean that there is no idea of "proficiency" or perhaps you misunderstood what I meant by a deadline?
The image of the mean satanist is completely shattered. Thanks.

#379286 - 04/25/09 06:23 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: TheDegenerate]
Dorian_Grey Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I believe Phosis was entirely justified in his response. Your post makes it clear that you've either never read TSB or you don't understand it at all. What kind of deadline could you possibly have to get "proficient" with your "spell-casting".

#379287 - 04/25/09 07:18 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: Dorian_Grey]
MOC Offline

No-one asked whether you believe he was justified. The deadline is before a progressive disability gets worse, thanks for asking.

#379289 - 04/25/09 07:33 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Then seek out a doctor or a Psychiatrist depending on the disability.

No amount of chanting will help you otherwise...

#379295 - 04/25/09 08:03 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Azathoth Offline

Originally Posted By: MOC

The image of the mean satanist is completely shattered. Thanks.

Because it's our job to shatter your stereotypes?

And why would you contact us if you were expecting a cold reception?

You sound like a troll.

#379296 - 04/25/09 08:19 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: TheDegenerate]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Phosis
Well, you need to get your Elf up to AT LEAST level 2 before you can EVER consider casting spells. To my knowledge, that requires roughly 2000 experience points, which can be easily obtained by admitting yourself to the local nuthouse, or, by acquiring the Spear of +1 Stupidity, and the Greeves of +2 Teenage Angst.

Just for the record, that was not only justified; but also hilarious.

#379299 - 04/25/09 09:20 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
A lot of members on here will come across as 'mean' if it seems you have't read our basic text before asking straight forward questions...

Quote:
How long does it take to learn to successfully cast spells?

That depends entirely on the individual. The most important part of the ritual cannot be 'practiced', but all the other steps can be, which may help. The right mind frame is most important. The Satanic Bible will give you a crystal clear idea of what kind of mind frame one requires to carry out Satanic ritual.

TSB will tell you all you need to know on how to do it.

Quote:
doubt that I will be proficient enough to meet it.

That attitude (self-doubt) will make things much harder. After you read TSB (if you haven't already) you will know if Satanic magic is right for you.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#379310 - 04/25/09 10:05 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What makes you think we're all a bunch of nice guys willing to mollycoddle the ignorant?

#379314 - 04/25/09 10:56 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
MOC Offline

Babydoll, thanks for an intelligent response. As for the rest of you, when Cicero said,"There is nothing so absurd but some fool has said it," it wasn't a piece of advice.

#379322 - 04/25/09 11:56 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

MOC try pestering the Wiccans with your question, they will be absolutely THRILLED to tutor you in the "art" of magic"k".

But really, Phosis, thanks for the laugh.

#379398 - 04/26/09 06:59 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Hedonist Offline

Ditto that Phosis, it was an entirely appropriate response and indeed, highly amusing.

MOC, you do realize that your question was akin to 'how long is a piece of string' and cannot be answered intelligently. You need to know your own talents and abilities to be able to answer the question - and no-one else can answer it for you. For some, proficiency is latent and just waiting to be tapped, others will NEVER get it - and some Satanists don't even practice it or really care about it.

This is pretty basic stuff - and Satanists don't have the time nor the inclination to spoon feed people information that is easily obtainable if you take a little time to do some research on your own...

#379434 - 04/27/09 06:31 AM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

And yet you seem to have taken his "advice" to heart. The irony.

Facts straight here:

You post something that makes it completely ambiguous as to whether you have a basic understanding of Satanism using cliched and irrelevant terminology.

You are unsurprisingly mocked for using what amounts to new age or even D&D terminology and a convoluted expression of what you mean in the first place.

You lash out at the very people you apparently sought advice from.

Let me put it this way. I knew from the title of this thread that I was gonna see something fucking stupid within. I was not disappointed. I'd recommend sucking it up and taking it as a learning experience, but I'm guessing your reaction to that will be as predictable as the content of your post.

#379506 - 04/27/09 10:39 PM Re: learning spell casting [Re: MOC]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

That's ok, but I was just stating the obvious. It's not possible to give an intelligent answer to your question because the answer is simply "it depends".

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements