Topic Options
#38017 - 04/30/04 11:13 PM Well, It Finally Happened
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
On the way to the computer, I realized that I turn 30 today. This is an important milestone. For some reason, I have been looking forward to this day all year...

Up to this point, my life has been full and educational. I have been around the world and to just about every state in the union. I've gained knowledge in many subjects and met interesting people. Mediocrity aside, I feel wonderful about life and feel fortunate to have seen the things I have, tasted the foods I sampled, smelled the scents that wafted my way, and heard the music of every day life. I look forward to experiencing even more in the years to come. Before I go, I would like to share something. This has been my life's mantra. I have recited it when I was feeling anything but happy. It has helped me realize that nothing can tear me down:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Theodore D. Roosevelt
CITIZENSHIP IN A REPUBLIC
"The Man In The Arena"
Speech at the Sorbonne
Paris, France
April 23, 1910
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#38018 - 04/30/04 11:21 PM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
GoldenCalf Offline

Loc: Huntsville, Alabama
You have my congratulations, respect and wishes for many more happy birthdays. HS!
"I am elite because I am not on welfare. I am elite because I ritually sacrificed my television set and bombed a McDonald's. I am perfect. I'm the REAL Satanist here, and you're just a useless pathetic piece of shit herdling. You disgust me." --the hopelessly ego-deprived jackass

#38019 - 05/01/04 12:29 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
No4HorsemenHere Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Happy birthday and Hail Satan!

#38020 - 05/01/04 04:28 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
Satanya Offline
Banned

The age of the Wolf... the 30s.. Happy B-Day.

#38021 - 05/01/04 08:37 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Happy birthday! Party like there's no tomorrow...there just might NOT be! Hope the next year is good to you. Live long & prosper!!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#38022 - 05/01/04 07:08 PM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
Aslag Offline

Loc: Middle East
Happy Birthday. I hope this year will bring you as much pleasure as you have brought to this board. Here's to your year's greatest holiday.

#38023 - 05/02/04 12:24 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Darkest B-day to you.
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#38024 - 05/02/04 10:50 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
Happy birthday. I am glad your life has been what you hoped. Best wishes for further success in the future.

Hail Satan!

#38025 - 05/03/04 12:35 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
*raises coffee cup*

Here's to New Decades!

Here's to stubbornly refusing to stay down when you fall!

Here's to you and may you add many more decades onto this one!

Happy birthday, good buddy!

#38026 - 05/03/04 08:35 AM Re: Well, It Finally Happened [Re: Knocko]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
Thank you to all! My 30'th ended up turning out pretty good.
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements