Topic Options
#378987 - 04/23/09 12:16 PM might as well introduce myself;
all hallows
Unregistered

greetings and salutations! or how about...hi everyone. smile

i have actually been around here for a little while now; some of you may remember me as the overzealous and wildly curious noobster. or maybe i'm just full of myself and none of you remember me at all. regardless, i thought i would tell you all a little bit about myself considering i never did really introduce myself.

i just turned 21 at the beginning of this lovely year; i am a former college dropout, and current college student. i am studying art at the moment, and plan to transfer out of community college after i earn my associate's degree to earn my bachelor's. as far as what mediums i prefer the most, i would have to say painting and photography are my favorites. i also enjoy writing poetry and short stories. characters like kerouac, bukowski, and thompson fascinate me.

i work at a fine dining restaurant, wear a white blouse, attempt to get my customers drunk, and then try to sell them lobster tails in between the booze and the fancy steaks and seafood items. i enjoy my job.

i have overcome great obstacles in my life so far, and for the obstacles i am actually grateful, because without obstacles there is no progression, appreciation for the better things, and development of character. i am friendly, sarcastic, easy-going, open-minded, passionate, charismatic, and pride myself in the fact that i usually get along with just about everyone. i am the type of person that may not agree with your specific point of view, but will defend your right to say it, as i believe voltaire once said.

the satanic bible had an extremely profound impact on my life, and there isn't a day that goes by that i don't learn a little bit more. at first, like many, i was absolutely, almost uncontrollably ecstatic; still am, but i have matured a bit more into it. i look forward to learning and participating here again. life's been pretty crazy.

#379009 - 04/23/09 02:25 PM Re: might as well introduce myself; [Re: ]
axide Offline

Loc: Alabama, U.S.
It's interesting: I too registered here quite some time ago. I started a couple threads, but quickly realized I had more to learn than to say. I've lurked around for a good long while, but only recently started posting again.

I am also an art student as well. I'm more a fan of sculpture, myself, but I've been taking painting classes this semester with some degree of satisfaction. smile I'm interested to know who some of your favorite visual artists are.

Welcome back.

#379089 - 04/24/09 12:23 AM Re: might as well introduce myself; [Re: axide]
all hallows
Unregistered

right now i'm lovin' chris conn; http://www.sekretcity.com/

my avatar is a part of a painting done by henry fuseli, whose work i find quite intriguing. further elaborating on classic painters; i also like william blake, francisco de goya, and van gogh.

being from pittsburgh, i'm also a fan of mr. warhol and his character, as well as the stories and characters of the silver factory.

on the more modern side, i enjoy underground artists such as mark ryden (www.markryden.com), camille rose garcia (www.camillerosegarcia.com), and a photographer that goes by the name of "boogie" (www.artcoup.com).

also a fan of guerilla artwork, graffiti and the like; shepard fairey of obey clothing and banksy (www.banksy.com) are two good examples.

what are some of your favorites? what are you using in your painting class? acrylics, oils, watercolors, all of the above?

#379120 - 04/24/09 07:55 AM Re: might as well introduce myself; [Re: ]
axide Offline

Loc: Alabama, U.S.
I mostly find myself inspired by ancient sculpture and architecture (Greek, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Aztec, etc), especially in the context of temples, altars, and places of religious significance.

Of course, there's Michelangelo and Donatello. I also absolutely love Gian Lorenzo Bernini's work. His ability to capture movement is incredible.

Getting into more modern work, I find Constantin Brancusi's work to be very interesting. I'm also very fond of H.R. Giger's art (2D and 3D). More recently I've developed an interest in large installations and land art, like the work of Maya Lin and Robert Smithson.

As far as painters go, I honestly like a little bit of everything, although I'd have to say I'm particularly attracted to expressionistic work like Kirschner's, and Rothko's color fields.

We're using oils exclusively in the painting class. I don't usually paint much, but it's been enjoyable.

#379144 - 04/24/09 01:53 PM Re: might as well introduce myself; [Re: axide]
Talonius Offline

Loc: Emerson,Georgia,USA
I also would like to introduce myself.I just came on the board today but was encouraged to post after reading y'alls thread.

I too am into the arts.I have studied mostly art history and began my path while studying.I beagan as a preprator at the museum and have done every aspect of museum work besides being an artist myself.That includes the duties as curator and director.

I myself paint in acrylic watercolor and am into expressionism especially Van Gogh and Monet.As you mentioned Axide ancient sculpture is great though I gravitate to Roman and Mayan myself.Oh by the way I'm just next door to you in Georgia.

It is realy great to see there are those of us Satanists with the same loves.Thanks guys for posting.Let you folks know more as I post.

Hail Satan!
Talonius
tiki

#381263 - 05/12/09 03:58 PM Re: might as well introduce myself; [Re: Talonius]
Talonius Offline

Loc: Emerson,Georgia,USA
I bypassed a lot of information in my above introduction to the board.

It was 1970 the winter of as a matter of fact,that I recieved my first Satanic Bible.Here was finally a philosophy
I could relate to.I had already escaped the confines of my childhood up bringing and the guilt for everything I did as a result of an oppresive catholic home environment.I had left home when I was thirteen to escape a cruel and abusive father.I stayed away till I was seventeen and was assured,I would be beaten no more if I decided to come home.But in the intervening couple of years I had travelled and experienced many things both mentally an physically.Some like my first sexual experiences.The teachings in the SB, allowed me to reach for all the indulgence I could, without remorse.I was truly set free.I learned to use ritual to obtain my desires,for myself and for others, I felt worthy of my efforts.I was truly free and unchained.As I am 55 years old now, I have so far had a very creative,succesful and pleasurable life.I attribute this to the teachings of Doktor LaVey.I look forward to being a very old man still living and enjoying life, to my maximum point of indulgence. This still seems to be too short of an intro,but I intend to say more as time goes on.

Napolean Hill

Forum Stats
13325 Members
73 Forums
44550 Topics
408044 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold