Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#382227 - 05/22/09 11:04 AM Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them....
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
...just a suggestion.

If it is over your head, seek help.

If it is over your head, you are probably in the wrong place.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#382296 - 05/22/09 10:52 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Svengali]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
When can we expect a Books on Tape version of Essays in Satanism? crossbones

#382536 - 05/24/09 08:15 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Philotechnic]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Wolf Landon, as I listen to books on CD while I drive, if you record it to CD, I'll buy it. devilchili Probably more than one copy, since favorites tend to get played so much they wear.

I have read the book 3 times already, but will read it more as the years pass.

#382538 - 05/24/09 08:40 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Philotechnic]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

I actually started recording something like that. The files were lost in my last computer crash. I may still do something along those lines, but it will probably be original material not in the books. Maybe in a "lecture" format.

I need to pick up better recording equipment than what I have right now.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini

#382543 - 05/24/09 09:57 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Svengali]
Warwillow Offline

Loc: Hobart, Australia
Sounds good Svengali. I can't wait, sometimes it's more practical when you live a busy lifestyle, it would be great to buy something like that to listen to while I'm at work or driving there

#382610 - 05/25/09 11:07 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Svengali]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Ah, my lame attempt at humor!

If I may offer a suggestion on cheap recording equipment, Digidesign's Mbox 2 comes with Pro Tools and pretty easy setup:

Mbox 2

This along with a cheap Shure condenser microphone would yield some great results.

#382612 - 05/25/09 11:21 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Philotechnic]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon
Ah, my lame attempt at humor!

Well, if I did it (and I probably won't), it would be modeled more after The Teaching Company than "Books on Tape." wink

#382731 - 05/26/09 06:28 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Svengali]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
There are a group of English guys that have some great techniques for reading whilst being recorded that you could incorporate into your audio-book:

Professional reading on camera.

What? You didn't think I was actually going to offer a serious suggestion, did you?

#382737 - 05/26/09 07:48 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Svengali]
Terrenial Offline

Originally Posted By: Svengali
...just a suggestion.

If it is over your head, seek help.

If it is over your head, you are probably in the wrong place.

but but but!! (whine whine whine grumble grumble grumble)

#382738 - 05/26/09 07:59 PM But... [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Why do I gotta read the books Magister when Satanism comes oh sooo natural too me.. wink

#382743 - 05/26/09 09:19 PM Re: But... [Re: Unknown]
Azathoth Offline

Just so long as I don't have to read anything else after that. wink

#383094 - 05/30/09 06:49 PM Re: But... [Re: Unknown]
Rodim Offline

Originally Posted By: Unknown
Why do I gotta read the books Magister when Satanism comes oh sooo natural too me.. wink

True, but reading books is not harmful. indulging yourself with opinions of experienced satanists and various stuff is food for the mind. that is of course if you like to read, its a choice.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#383137 - 05/31/09 11:04 AM Re: But... [Re: Rodim]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I agree.
Thanks for the response though.

#383138 - 05/31/09 11:09 AM Re: But... [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Unknown

grin

Attachments
overconfidence-demotivational-poster.jpg

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#383151 - 05/31/09 03:15 PM Re: Try actually READING the books instead of just looking at them.... [Re: Philotechnic]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon
When can we expect a Books on Tape version of Essays in Satanism? crossbones

Naration provided by Morgan Freeman. I'd love to hear him read "Crackwhore charm school".

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405746 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements