Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#382949 - 05/28/09 08:15 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Queen Shiba]
Lust Offline

"As far as the rest of the sheeple. If I witnessed this happening to someone I didn't know, well, hell, let them go and learn their lessons."

Here, is where it is important to remember what Warlock reprobate posted in this thread. Valuable information, and I thank him for posting it. Makes one think twice.

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#382950 - 05/28/09 08:21 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Shade]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Shade

Was it the general public's intelligence or taste that Mencken was referring to when he said something like... no one ever lost money underestimating it?

Hmm, both seem to fit.

Actually Shade, I think you were correct on both counts!

Apparently he has two similar quotes attributed to him.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

And

No one in this world, so far as I know and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

Great stuff!

#383004 - 05/29/09 11:52 AM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: TrojZyr]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:
How sad that people of both sexes feel they must drink themselves into a stupor before they can consummate their lust. What does this say about the state of love? Of intimacy? Of sex?

People need buffers. Alcohol is just one of them.

And let's face it, even the most insightful and sane people can get freaked out about intimacy, love, and sex because it IS scary and challenging. That's also what makes it wonderful, really.

#383011 - 05/29/09 02:54 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Zaftig]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> People need buffers. Alcohol is just one of them <<

Attachments
Beer,%20helping%20ugly%20people__.jpg

#383023 - 05/29/09 05:10 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
No, Im sure that beer was helping ugly people of the ancient world have sex too! crossbones

In past civilizations, where it wasnt safe to drink regular water; everyone must have been looking pretty good.

#383027 - 05/29/09 05:35 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: John Prophet]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Hehe, amazing how beer was the original cosmetic treatment for smallpox scars...

#383090 - 05/30/09 03:19 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Hedonist]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
LOL

I'm told that you can drink just about anyone pretty!
But has anyone come up with a remedy for the next day when the unfortunate wakes up with a hangover and a three-bag heifer in their bed? hehe

@ topic: As Zaftig said, people need buffers and there is a reason that alcohol is called 'liquid courage'. It can set you and ease and loosen the inhibitions for those who are wound too tight or just not sure of themselves. The problem is that too many people just don't know when to stop.

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#383111 - 05/30/09 10:51 PM Re: People watching and their Mistakes [Re: Lust]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I have close relatives that I've tried to help, but like most people they were too supid, and self absorbed that they almost never listen.

I think people have to make their own mistakes to learn from them. Very few can actually learn from others. They don't need my help as they are already helping themselves by being attentive.

Now, as of late if someone I love is about to make the same mistake for a second time, I may feel the need to point this out. But only if I have seen that past behavior is not compulsive to self destructive behavior.

As far as strangers go, Fuck em. They belong to a different pack of wolves than I. Or most likely are sheep anyway.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
13309 Members
73 Forums
44545 Topics
407990 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold