Topic Options
#38261 - 05/02/04 08:42 AM Atheists?
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
First, I would like to applaud the CoS on raising the fee for membership. I am not a member yet however, I have no problem paying $200 instead. I think that this will keep out many people who do not need be a part of CoS.

Second, my question is, what is the CoS's position on the organization American Atheists? My wife is a member of said organization and I was just wondering what the CoS thought of such an organization?

#38262 - 05/02/04 02:45 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: lucifer_dracul]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Two questions:

(1) Why do you ask?

(2) Why doesn't your wife ask?

Short answer:

If you are at all familiar with our literature and history, the answer to your question is more than obvious; it is overwhelming.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My 9sense audio interview on GREATER MAGIC

#38263 - 05/02/04 07:26 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: Nemo]
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
My wife did not ask because she doesn't care. It was me who was wondering how the organizations felt about each other. I know that Satanists and Atheists generally get along but I was just wondering how the CoS felt about the American Atheists in particular. I have done some research and have been genuinally impressed with the accomplishments of their late leader Madalyn Murray-O'hair but not so impressed with the organization. I was just wondering what stance the CoS had on them. Thank you for a prompt response, it is good to know that there is a place Satanists can go to get answers to their questions about the CoS.

Hail Satan!

#38264 - 05/02/04 07:52 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: lucifer_dracul]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
The best place to really get detailed answers about the Church of Satan is from our published literature, especially The Satanic Bible.

I am unaware of a specific Church policy with regard to the American Atheists organization.

Generally the Church openly offers official support for those organizations which endorse us. I do not recall that this organization has done so. The door is open if they should make that decision.

I am aware of members of that group who are also Church members so there is no real compatibility problem.

You are either born a Satanist or not. If so you will find the Church highly attractive. If not, there remains the rest of the world to relate to.
BENEATH THE SEVENTH TOWER OF SATAN - Deeper VR ritual.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN - My book.

My 9sense audio interview on GREATER MAGIC

Forum Stats
12777 Members
73 Forums
44201 Topics
405942 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold