Topic Options
#38261 - 05/02/04 10:42 AM Atheists?
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
First, I would like to applaud the CoS on raising the fee for membership. I am not a member yet however, I have no problem paying $200 instead. I think that this will keep out many people who do not need be a part of CoS.

Second, my question is, what is the CoS's position on the organization American Atheists? My wife is a member of said organization and I was just wondering what the CoS thought of such an organization?

#38262 - 05/02/04 04:45 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: lucifer_dracul]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Two questions:

(1) Why do you ask?

(2) Why doesn't your wife ask?

Short answer:

If you are at all familiar with our literature and history, the answer to your question is more than obvious; it is overwhelming.

#38263 - 05/02/04 09:26 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: Nemo]
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
My wife did not ask because she doesn't care. It was me who was wondering how the organizations felt about each other. I know that Satanists and Atheists generally get along but I was just wondering how the CoS felt about the American Atheists in particular. I have done some research and have been genuinally impressed with the accomplishments of their late leader Madalyn Murray-O'hair but not so impressed with the organization. I was just wondering what stance the CoS had on them. Thank you for a prompt response, it is good to know that there is a place Satanists can go to get answers to their questions about the CoS.

Hail Satan!

#38264 - 05/02/04 09:52 PM Re: Atheists? [Re: lucifer_dracul]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
The best place to really get detailed answers about the Church of Satan is from our published literature, especially The Satanic Bible.

I am unaware of a specific Church policy with regard to the American Atheists organization.

Generally the Church openly offers official support for those organizations which endorse us. I do not recall that this organization has done so. The door is open if they should make that decision.

I am aware of members of that group who are also Church members so there is no real compatibility problem.

You are either born a Satanist or not. If so you will find the Church highly attractive. If not, there remains the rest of the world to relate to.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406027 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements