Topic Options
#384775 - 06/17/09 04:42 PM Are Deists allowed in the CoS?
Hellasson Offline

I'm not into a "god above me" or anything, but I think in terms of a cosmic "force" that exists.

Would the CoS have an issue with a deist?

#384777 - 06/17/09 04:53 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Hellasson]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The concept of an actual god in any sense is pretty much incompatable with Satanism. Some folks try to come up with some concept of a pantheistic or deistic non-god deity, which to me cancels itself out.

#384778 - 06/17/09 05:02 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Hellasson]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

From Magister Lang's post:

"We practice a religion of the flesh and are not spiritual in any sense. Wicca and other forms of modern Witchcraft are spiritual religions. We Satanists believe that everyone should have the right to choose his or her own religion in accordance with their own nature. Satanism provides all the necessary trappings of religion and psychology without need for spiritual aspects, while Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft and Christianity provide that which is needed by people with spiritual natures. We believe that Satanists are born, not made - carnal individuals not drawn to the spiritual. Therefore, we think that an individual can not legitimately decide to be a Satanist if that carnality was not already their nature at birth. Spiritual religions generally will accept anyone who decides to become a member of their faith, as they do not make this distinction. "

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#384786 - 06/17/09 05:53 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Phineas]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Only moderators and Hierarchy may reply to questions. All others will be deleted.

Edited by Hagen von Tronje (06/17/09 06:12 PM)

#384927 - 06/18/09 04:46 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Iscariot]
Hellasson Offline

However, do do pursue carnal thing, whilst still having some degree of proof (via ritual) of an "energy" (if you will), that exists.

I mean, I certainly felt it through ritual, I proved it to myself. Isn't that what a Satanist does? Belief is bullshit, knowledge is only what's real?

I'm not claiming that's a deistic god talking, but I don't find it irrational to take stock in a cosmic "clockmaker" or consciousness that has does not meddle or care about the affairs of humans.

#384931 - 06/18/09 04:55 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Hellasson]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Essentially, it is up to you to determine if you want to join the COS.

Whatever transpires in your rituals is your business, and yours alone.

It is now entirely up to you.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#384966 - 06/18/09 09:46 PM Re: Are Deists allowed in the CoS? [Re: Phineas]
Hellasson Offline

I'm really sorry about that previous post's last flawed first sentence.

What I meant what, I do indulge in the carnal, as well as ponder the unknown. I, however, have no god above me dictating my life.

Thank you for your response, Phineas. It is much appreciated.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406026 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements