Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#384840 - 06/18/09 12:26 AM David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#384861 - 06/18/09 04:26 AM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: JCLAG]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
What is your opinion of the fact that he refers to the CoS hierarchy as a country club?

He doesn't say much of value at all in my opinion and for that reason, personally, I wouldn't have bothered providing a link here.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#384885 - 06/18/09 10:10 AM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

My opinion? There are sweethearts and scoundrels in ALL social/political/human situations. I love my dearest friends for the wonderful people they are - CoS or otherwise. I also hate creeps - CoS or otherwise. Unless a person's title is "employer," it rarely comes into play when I determine who I like or dislike. smile Having said that, there are people in the CoS- and in the world at large - who create art I love but who I wouldn't exactly take a bullet for. At the same time, there are Citizens who create works that stand up to our organization's finest works and have the heart to match.
Welcome to the Neo-Darwinian Arena.

Edited by JGausten77 (06/18/09 10:16 AM)

#384888 - 06/18/09 10:31 AM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: JCLAG]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: JGausten77
My opinion? There are sweethearts and scoundrels in ALL social/political/human situations. I love my dearest friends for the wonderful people they are - CoS or otherwise. I also hate creeps - CoS or otherwise. Unless a person's title is "employer," it rarely comes into play when I determine who I like or dislike. smile Having said that, there are people in the CoS- and in the world at large - who create art I love but who I wouldn't exactly take a bullet for. At the same time, there are Citizens who create works that stand up to our organization's finest works and have the heart to match.
Welcome to the Neo-Darwinian Arena.

My question was rather more specific.

I was simply wondering whether you agree or disagree with him.

Personally, I see the statement as erroneous.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#384906 - 06/18/09 12:50 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Personally, I disagree with anyone whod paint the hierarchy with such a broad stroke. After all, we are an organization of individuals. Thats why I can love certain CoS members as much as I can detest others. smile

I merely posted the link because David Vincent is a publicly known, accomplished and aboveground member who has achieved a lot in the real world and just offered some of his personal views on the CoS in a mainstream news source. His words are his own (naturally), and Im quite sure they are the direct result of whatever personal and subjective experiences hes had.

Just as all of our personal, individual thoughts and feeling on the CoS are.

Or should be.

#384928 - 06/18/09 04:50 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: JCLAG]
Hellasson Offline

David Vincent is pretty much a moron, and to top it off nowadays a half-assed vocalist.

I did find that statement to be of ill taste.

#384945 - 06/18/09 06:42 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: JCLAG]
ABZU Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Oregon
Interview aside...

I'm really happy to see that "Evil" David Vincent is back with Morbid. I've seen Morbid live without Vincent and I've seen the Genitorturers with Vincent, but I haven't seen them together as the band I loved as a teen.

devilchili

Church of Satan

"As I have stated, the paradox where more people are "talking" dark forces up, down, and sideways, but fewer than ever are actually living as night people, provokes speculation. The moral here is that when everybody's talking, very few are doing. More time is spent comparing notes with aficionados than in enjoying the hobby per se."
A.S.L. / T.D.N.

#384948 - 06/18/09 07:34 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: Hellasson]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Hellasson
David Vincent is pretty much a moron, and to top it off nowadays a half-assed vocalist.

Judging from the info. on your profile, you are not a CoS member. As such, I'll consider your public disparaging of a CoS member the result of someone who hasn't fully studied the fundamentals and NOT as a breach of our mutual admiration paradigm.

#384957 - 06/18/09 09:12 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: ABZU]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Agreed.

#384969 - 06/18/09 09:53 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: JCLAG]
Hellasson Offline

No, I'm quite aware of the fundamentals of Satanism. I have studied it for several years now....

Perhaps I should elaborate more... David is better as a vocalist/bassist than he is at eloquently stating a point. I found this interview, especially concerning the CoS, to be rather insulting.

As someone who might influence the public, he should choose his words a little more carefully. The main reason that I say this is I come from a PR background.

No disrespect towards you, sir.

-Hell

#384973 - 06/18/09 10:09 PM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: Hellasson]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

No, I'm quite aware of the fundamentals of Satanism. I have studied it for several years now....

Perhaps I should elaborate more... David is better as a vocalist/bassist than he is at eloquently stating a point. I found this interview, especially concerning the CoS, to be rather insulting.

As someone who might influence the public, he should choose his words a little more carefully. The main reason that I say this is I come from a PR background.

No disrespect towards you, sir.

-Hell

No disrespect taken, sir.
And I can't find fault in what you've stated above.

#385013 - 06/19/09 02:46 AM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: Hellasson]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Perhaps I should elaborate more... David is better as a vocalist/bassist than he is at eloquently stating a point.

Still, compare him to some of those who commented on the interview and he's pretty eloquent smile

I can understand that some find his statements insulting. Personally I don't think it was his intent, he's just talking from the top of his head without much prior reflection I think. But it's very difficult to judge when one isn't there to see and hear the person saying it.

#385014 - 06/19/09 02:55 AM Re: David Vincent Talks About the CoS in New Interview [Re: verszou]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

If I'm not mistaken, Davis was head of his debating team in school, so he I suspect he can hold his own. I think that's mentioned in either "Lucifer Rising" or "Lords of Chaos."

#385019 - 06/19/09 03:53 AM Re: Sure? [Re: JCLAG]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> His words are his own (naturally), and Im quite sure they are the direct result of whatever personal and subjective experiences hes had.<<

You're sure?

Not even willing to consider the possibility that his comments might be based on ignorance?

Because I'll tell you, if the CoS hierarchy does have a country club, no one invited me.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#385020 - 06/19/09 04:07 AM Re: Sure? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Maintaining the tradition of "rock stars" (whatever that is) being the generally least impressive representatives of Satanism.

I've never wrapped my mind around why anyone would value the opinions of people who really don't do anything but bob around on stage making noise.

Just about all the DUMBEST public statements on Satanism by Church of Satan members that I recall reading in print were by "rock musicians"; King Diamond, Marilyn Manson, Matt Skiba, this guy, etc.

Please, someone tell them to shut up and play their insipid music.

Or better yet, tell them to just shut up period.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements