Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#385880 - 06/25/09 09:17 PM The King has fallen!
Enigma777 Offline

To all Michael Jackson fans, and lovers of music:

It's official from this afternoon.
The amazing Micheal Jackson is dead at age 50.
This is right before his big planned comeback.
Poor guy.
Shows that even god-like celebrities are
human-all too human. rip

Love him or hate him, one cannot deny the fact that he was the single most influential figure in music for the last 2 decades or so. He will continue to have a huge impact on music, culture, and dance. His moves will continue to be imitated by wanna-bees everywhere.

From a young age, Mike has done incredible fabulous work.
He has had a turbulent life, but he sure accomplished a lot.
What an amazing man!

I will now listen to his awesome music and may be see some of his unbelievable dancing. Of course, I will watch out for the news.

Hail Michael Jackson, once and future King of Pop! cool

Edited by Enigma777 (06/25/09 09:18 PM)

#385881 - 06/25/09 09:19 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Enigma777 Offline

You can still buy tickets to see his shows grin wink
http://www.michaeljackson.com/tickets/

Edited by Enigma777 (06/25/09 11:29 PM)

#385882 - 06/25/09 09:28 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
RagingSea Offline

Loc: Harlingen, TX
yeah I heard about this today from a friend. He texted me about this. Wow. Life is very precious, never know when it'll be your time.

#385887 - 06/25/09 09:49 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: RagingSea]
Umbra_Euri Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Who will be playing at his shows though? haha

#385888 - 06/25/09 09:58 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

A lot of little kids can sleep better tonight.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#385890 - 06/25/09 10:24 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Phineas]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Quote:
A lot of little kids can sleep better tonight.

Beat me to it... coopdevil

#385893 - 06/25/09 10:36 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

the single most influential figure in music for the last 2 decades or so

Personally I'd not want that to be said about me.

#385896 - 06/25/09 10:43 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
Originally Posted By: Enigma777
You can still buy tickets to see his shows
http://www.michaeljackson.com/tickets/

As they say, "The show must go on".

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#385906 - 06/25/09 11:45 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: RagingSea]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Everyone texted everyone else about it. This is what it would have been like the day JFK was shot if there were cell phones back then.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#385910 - 06/26/09 12:16 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Discipline]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Oh yeah. . Farrah Fawcett is dead too. . .

#385913 - 06/26/09 12:26 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Now Farrah Fawcett is something to text about.

She will be missed.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#385915 - 06/26/09 12:39 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I do hope we don't see too many smart-ass comments in the thread.

I don't believe the kiddie-fiddler media circus bullshit.

I'm not a huge fan. I don't actually own any of his albums. But his influence and contribution to pop music is of such undeniable magnitude that only a fool would disregard it.

He has brought pleasure to millions of lives and for that reason alone he is of more value than 99% of fucking wastrels.

His artificial human companions and his Neverland ranch are the greatest Total Environment you are likely to ever see; not as the herd would have you believe, a matter for ridicule or a sign of mental illness.

you see....

Yesterday I again watched Easy Rider. And overlooking certain aspects of the film, the overall premise is this:

If you are different, the herd will despise you. They will alienate you and do all they can to hunt you down and kill you.

And that's what they did to Michael Jackson.

I always liked this quote from Charles Bukowski regarding a journalist who wrote a review tearing apart a writer's book:

"That writer was D.H. Lawrence. And the critic has, quite rightly, been forgotten."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#385916 - 06/26/09 01:05 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I really liked his music, when I was kid. It came with MTV to Slovakia, and it was so different than anything else before.
I think he was creative being, and that counts to me. Though his life started to be "a bit" unfortunate later. I mean, it was hard to take him as serious being, after all what he did to himself, and after all what he was accused of. Well, I don't say who was guilty for what, just that it really broken his seriousness, for me.

When I was kid, I especially liked that clip Black or White. I liked, how the fauteuil was catapulted, and lions there, and changing faces, and many more. That was cool for me at the time. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoJ6OO6lR4

#385924 - 06/26/09 04:40 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reverend Strongbone, you make some very valid points. I was starting to grow weary of the negative commentaries and wondered if someone would finally say something rational. Thank you for that, and I would also like to add a point or two. jack

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
I don't believe the kiddie-fiddler media circus bullshit.

I have always been rather skeptical of the same. People tend to forget that the father of the first accuser was willing to take cash in lieu of pressing charges. If said accusations were true, not only would the money have not fixed the psychological damage, but a child molester would be allowed to stay on the street to offend again. In the second case, the mother was a known con artist who gave permission for her children to spend the night at the home of an accused child molester. During the trial her testimony, and that of the children, was inconsistent and ultimately ended up in an acquittal.

In my opinion, if Jackson had been found guilty in the second case, the father from the first case should have been tried as an accomplice.

Quote:
If you are different, the herd will despise you. They will alienate you and do all they can to hunt you down and kill you.

And that's what they did to Michael Jackson.

And that difference made him the perfect mark. He was rich, odd, and liked to be around children, a con artists dream come true. rip M.J.

#385926 - 06/26/09 05:25 AM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Phineas]
Rodim Offline

The obscene Allegations that were made against Michael Jackson were false.

it was proven in the end that the boys mother encouraged the boy to say those things and the other co-conspirators backed them up.

I'm not personally a big fan of Michael Jackson, but still. Common decency is the least than can be given to the man, after all that he has done to the world.

There just goes another big artist and tomorrow another crappy one appears.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405803 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements