Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#385985 - 06/26/09 11:10 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Phineas]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: Phineas
Had any other man, especially a white man done the same as Wacko Jacko he would have been in jail for eternity.

The OJ case comes to mind also.

Cultist herd adoration is not rational.

Adoration? Not in the least, but an accusation is simply that. I cannot deny that he was quite crazy , but I will not point the finger of guilt at someone merely because they are odd when nothing was proven from a legal standpoint. Neverland Ranch was tossed upside down, yet they found nothing of value to support a conviction and the reputation of the accuser was questionable to say the least. Read all about The Arvizo Family reputation here. It's not too far afield from the Satanic Panic. Simply put, accusations mean nothing if there is no evidence to back them up.

As far as OJ is concerned, it was proven on several levels that he was guilty but too many times the authorities botched the job. I was in college at the time and my Major was Admin. of Justice/Criminal Investigation. All of my classes were at the San Diego Police academy and all of my teachers were cops. We dissected this trial (along with the Rodney King fiasco) from every possible direction and what it all came down to was; evidence was mishandled, the prosecutors were idiots, and the scientific testimony was too complicated for the jury to understand. All of that made it very easy for his attorneys to redirect everything back to make the cops out to be the bad guys. Luckily, he screwed up again and was found guilty. Justice finally prevailed and he now sits behind bars where he belongs. crossbones

#385986 - 06/26/09 11:13 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: JCLAG]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: JGausten77
Very true, David.
On the way home from work, I was listening to a radio marathon of MJ's hits, of which there are obviosuly many. He truly was a master of the pop song, and the production of these tracks (thank you, Quincy Jones!) was flawless.
It's hard for people from the generation below us to understand how MASSIVE this guy was in the 1980s. He was clearly the Beatles of our generation.

Which has to make one wonder how the genre of pop went so horribly wrong. eek

#385987 - 06/26/09 11:17 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
The Beatles had the luxury of being able to break up.

Perhaps it's because he was originally in the Jackson Five before they broke up and he went on his own, just like Paul McCartney. grin

#385988 - 06/26/09 11:18 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Absolutely right!

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#385989 - 06/26/09 11:19 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Tiberia]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Once again: Had any other man, especially a white man done the same as Wacko Jacko he would have been in jail for eternity.

Also, have any man hold a baby over a balcony, with its head covered the way this thing did and watch how fast he lands in jail and the child taken into protective custody.

Wacko Jacko got away with it because he used to be black and was a celebrity.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#385990 - 06/26/09 11:19 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Tiberia]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Tiberia
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
The Beatles had the luxury of being able to break up.

Perhaps it's because he was originally in the Jackson Five before they broke up and he went on his own, just like Paul McCartney. grin

laugh That's how out of it I am. I totally forgot about the Jackson 5!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#385993 - 06/26/09 11:24 AM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Tiberia]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Simply put, accusations mean nothing if there is no evidence to back them up. <<

Yes. People here do seem to be forgetting that Jackson was acquitted purely because the evidence against him was so utterly flimsy.

As I said, it was a media circus. Anyone here who has represented the CoS should know from experience that you can say something and have it edited and/or presented in a completely polar context.

The allegations were clearly bullshit from bullshit people out to make a few bucks.

There was a fellow on the radio today. An "expert", apparently, who was talking about Jackson's "inability to form adult relationships"

That might come as a surprise to Jackson's many adult friends and ex lovers.

They spoke of his divorce from Elvis Presley's daughter as evidence of his deficiencies.

How many fucking Hollywood and pop stars have had multiple marriages - and yet no one suggests they can't form adult relationships.

It's all bullshit. They call him odd. He's not any more odd than most stars.

I'd rather listen to the testaments of those who knew him personally than the media circus. This "expert" also added "I wouldn't let him anywhere near my children"

Again, those who knew Jackson personally have stated that he's looked after their children many times.

Those that knew him defend him because they say he's one of the nicest people they have ever known.

It's a bullshit media and that's all there is to it.

People here would do well to remember some of the allegations that have been made against Anton LaVey. Again, by bullshit people. This should ring some bells.

We all should also bear our words in mind during the next Satanic panic when no matter the evidence in our favour, people point their fingers and make similar deductions about us.

#386000 - 06/26/09 12:10 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
Yeah, and when you hear about that shit don't let your kid be next. Responsibility is a two part recipe in this case. However since he wasn't convicted he retains his innocent til proven guilty status.

As far as I'm concerned he was a god in his field, and that alone should be praised.

Especially here, Strongbone made some very exacting points. I hope he will be remembered for what he did, and not what some LIARS say he did.

#386002 - 06/26/09 12:16 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: S810]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

He held his own kid over a balcony on camera.

Liars and allegations aside, that's fucking nuts.

#386003 - 06/26/09 12:20 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
Thats true. As I stated i hope he will be remembered for the things he did do.

I don't agree with the balcany scene, but one move hardly constitutes denial of a lifetime of accomplishment.

What's the old Joke about accomplishing a myriad of things but suck one cock and your known as a cocksucker. I think this is what is being experienced here.

#386004 - 06/26/09 12:38 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: S810]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It's just a vulgarized form of the old adage that it takes twenty years to build a reputation and twenty seconds to ruin it.

Nevertheless, even by celebrity standards he was undeniably crazy. Personally I could care less about his music, or the influence it had, or whatever. I dislike virtually all music. But so far as what legacy he left behind, it's far beyond the adage. He spent a brief period releasing popular music and a couple decades doing insane, over the top nutjob shit. Shit like changing his skin color (and blaming that nice, even white tone on a disease!), severely disfiguring his own face, making outlandish comments, displaying criminal levels of neglect for his own children, and acting like he's still 10 years old, and further insisting that this is perfectly ok.

Most well-remembered celebrities have some snafu in their lives but most of them had a successful career that generally outweighed the fuckups. Jackson has the unusual distinction of spending more of his life fucking up than being successful, and it's quite an accomplishment in itself that he managed to fuck things up enough that this is more memorable than the fact that he sold 350 million records.

#386011 - 06/26/09 01:01 PM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Rodim Offline

Quote:
How many fucking Hollywood and pop stars have had multiple marriages - and yet no one suggests they can't form adult relationships.

It's Because he's Michael Jackson. Its that Simple. He's a wealthy singer with an Uber reputation and because of his looks, voice, behavior they believe its "OK" to fuck with him.

As for the accusers especially that kids mom should be beheaded and be thrown off a cliff. Yes I'm being mean, because they deserve it.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#386017 - 06/26/09 01:23 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"Most well-remembered celebrities have some snafu in their lives but most of them had a successful career that generally outweighed the fuckups. Jackson has the unusual distinction of spending more of his life fucking up than being successful, and it's quite an accomplishment in itself that he managed to fuck things up enough that this is more memorable than the fact that he sold 350 million records."

This is what his cult members don't get. They ignore the years of behavioral patterns and public admissions that lead to the accusations and perceptions. He has no one to blame but himself.

I'd like to see his male cult worshipers tell people they like to sleep in bed with little boys and feed them cookies and then come back and tell me how wonderful their lives are after that. grin

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#386035 - 06/26/09 04:52 PM Re: The King has fallen! [Re: Enigma777]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
So his body died now.

Because the Michael Jackson I admired in the eighties has been dead for long time.

#386039 - 06/26/09 06:21 PM Re: Wacko Jacko Dirt Nap [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Totally spot-on, Reverend.

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts