Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#387221 - 07/09/09 09:08 AM Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Today started out as a really crumby day; nothing was going smoothly and there was a lot going on as I get ready to come home from Iraq.

I recieved an email from My mother saying the usual things: she loves Me, misses Me, My Tomato Frog, Tom Ato, died, and that she sent My membership packet about 2 weeks ago and it should arrive to Me very soon.

Skip forward to 1400 (2:00 PM), it is time for the mail run. I arrive there and check the accountable mail, one package, not for Me. In the other terminal, there are two boxes, one of them is for Me.

Knowing what it was, I threw it on My seat and ground-guided the vehicle to the mail terminal entrance. Before I even sat down, I had My knife in My hand ready to open the box.
I did so, and fast. I pushed aside the Hot Cheetos, brownies, and other snacks to the real prize.

There was a white envelope and with shaking hands I opened it. Behold! inside was a black folder and I opened it, almost letting out a squeal of joy. Staring at Me was a card with My name on it, along with a few other goodies.

What started out as a tedious day, quickly turned into an event I will be celebrating after I go to the gym and take a shower.

Oh yeah!

Hail Satan!

#387231 - 07/09/09 09:48 AM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
There you go!

Congrats!

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#387235 - 07/09/09 10:08 AM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Dorian_Grey Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Welcome.

#387245 - 07/09/09 12:11 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Rodim Offline

Congratulations.

Just out of curiosity, how's current life in Iraq been treating you, if you don't mind?

Is there lots of civil unrest in your area or do you live far away from that menace?

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#387246 - 07/09/09 12:12 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: Dorian_Grey]
Paul Powers Offline

Loc: Uk
Welcome
Good to see the doors of hell welcome someone else in

#387247 - 07/09/09 12:13 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: Rodim]
RagingSea Offline

Loc: Harlingen, TX
that's a great way to start the day. Congrats and Hail Satan

#387250 - 07/09/09 12:38 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Congratulations on your decision to join.

I guess your little tale should remind us that even a crappy day can turn into something good if you've invested in advance in doing something that will benefit you.

Keep your head down and get home in one piece.

#387255 - 07/09/09 01:14 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Mephisto Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Portugal
Welcome.

Hail Satan!

#387278 - 07/09/09 03:54 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Lust Offline

Terrible news regarding Tom Ato.

Great news regarding your packet.

Congratulations!

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#387281 - 07/09/09 04:12 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Wonderful. We should see you downstairs shortly, I trust.

tiki tiki tiki tiki

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#387285 - 07/09/09 04:48 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
DevilMan_nc Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte/Concord, NC
Great news! Welcome! coopdevil

#387288 - 07/09/09 05:04 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Ninth_Cimmerian Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington State
Welcome. smile

Survival Is The Highest Law!

#387290 - 07/09/09 05:18 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Awesome!!!

Congrats on the membership, sounds like you have a pretty cool mom!

Also, I wanted to thank you personally for your service to our country. Being raised in a Military family practically my entire life, brave men and women like yourself have thoroughly earned my deepest respect. My stepfather will be deploying to Afghanistan shortly, and even though I'm planning a very different future for myself, hearing about the dedication, and people who have literally bled for this country, makes me want to do my part as well.

Hail Satan!

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#387295 - 07/09/09 06:16 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
crystalclear Offline

CoS Member

Loc: VA
Congratulations on the arrival of your card. See you downstairs!

"The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" Queen Victoria

#387342 - 07/09/09 11:39 PM Re: Another Citizen Joins the Infernal Empire [Re: crystalclear]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I would like to thank everyone who has thus far responded to this post. I look forward to seeing all of you Downstairs.

@Rodim: We are winding down our deployment and there are no further missions for us to go on. The citizens of Iraq, the ones that I have met, have been welcoming and friendly. The people continue to not live up to our standards of cleanliness (and why should they, it is their country; we just want more room for Starbucks and McDonalds, and Wal-Mart). Of course there were those people who had to be dealt with in. . . other ways.

@NapalmNick: Thank you for your words, and while I also appreciate your family's service, I am happy you are a choosing a different route, there is a high concentration of BS in the Army. I wrote a bit about it on The Croft.

Again, thank you everyone who has answered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405993 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements