Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#387919 - 07/16/09 12:18 AM At the Sea Floor
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
A new instrumental song, for your listening pleasure.

Diametric%20Echo
Quantcast

Enjoy.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#387920 - 07/16/09 12:28 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It's extremely evocative. With its erie atmospherics I can imagine it would aptly apply to few other visual mediums, not just the sea floor.

#387986 - 07/16/09 06:14 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites of yours.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#387994 - 07/16/09 07:20 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
tiki tiki

Nice work!

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#388004 - 07/16/09 10:14 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Bravo!
Absolutely stellar! I love the change at 1:15. Really, really impressed, man.

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#388110 - 07/18/09 11:02 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Naming a song is sometimes the most difficult part. I have hundreds of recordings, and it can be distracting to impart an interesting name when saving the song for the first time (one just wants to get back to writing while the inspiration is strong).

"At the Sea Floor" brought to mind the mystery of the dark ocean depths, and also a sort of alternate noir interpretation -- think cement shoes, foul play, etc.

Thanks for the kind words.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#388111 - 07/18/09 11:03 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Minus]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you. I've listened to your new tunes as well, and they are very impressive. More on that in a bit...

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#388112 - 07/18/09 11:03 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Bruja]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, my dear!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#388113 - 07/18/09 11:08 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: JCLAG]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you!--I appreciate such kind words from an accomplished musician.

I have high hopes for this new album, which should be finished by next year. Much of the older music sounds cheap and mediocre to me in contrast.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#388262 - 07/20/09 08:55 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Very nice!
The title is certainly apropos.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#388269 - 07/20/09 11:48 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Great work. I like your style and I often get the urge to produce something similar right after listening.

And yes, naming a song is a pain because you don't want to give a false impression or detract from the song by simple words.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#388360 - 07/21/09 06:27 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Ygge Offline
CoS Member

Loc: France
Originally Posted By: Mr. Obsidian
Naming a song is sometimes the most difficult part. I have hundreds of recordings, and it can be distracting to impart an interesting name when saving the song for the first time (one just wants to get back to writing while the inspiration is strong).

I agree. I usually give my songs temporary names like "Blobb", "Plock" or "Spock". Sometimes I'll go through some old files and ask myself "Now, why did I name this song Swordfish?". confused

Back to topic, I really enjoyed your new song as well as the old ones. I had your playlist running in the background at work last week. Good stuff.

#388465 - 07/22/09 09:18 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Ygge]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
lol Swordfish, good movie.

#388813 - 07/24/09 04:53 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: HereticPrincess2]
CBKS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: D/FW Texas
Mr.Obsidian - I am enjoying these tunes thoroughly!! Thanks for posting these up.

#388971 - 07/25/09 08:18 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Lust Offline

I listened with ear buds just now. When I close my eyes (thanks to the name of the track) I can picture the subtle moans of ships air-horns. The track is perfect and makes for an intoxicating intro to the remaining on the player. I like how you are rising above and beyond your influences. These are exceptional atmospheric recordings. I look forward to more.

HS!

tiki
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#389038 - 07/26/09 11:58 AM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Roho.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#389039 - 07/26/09 12:02 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Lust]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks for the kind words, Tier.

This new album is going to be quite a departure from the older stuff. In fact, I plan to remove most of the older tunes from circulation and focus entirely on where this project is going.
A new site is in the works, and everything will be much more professional than it has been up to this point.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#389040 - 07/26/09 12:03 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: CBKS]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks for the compliments; I'm glad you like the songs.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#389041 - 07/26/09 12:06 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Discipline]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you! Glad to hear that the tunes have that effect.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#389042 - 07/26/09 12:07 PM Re: At the Sea Floor [Re: Ygge]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks, Ygge. Glad to hear that you enjoy the music.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements