Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388434 - 07/21/09 11:33 PM Artwork and Film
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Greetings All,

I've been a member for over a year and have been on LttD slightly longer. I haven't posted much in that time in favor of lurking and reading, but I've finally organized some of my artwork and film online and wanted to share it with you here like Minus, Mr. Obsidian and Josie Gallows. Not every work is purely an example of Satanic philosophy, but the aesthetic and concepts are a deep vein throughout my work. Comments and criticism are welcome, Enjoy!

You can see my drawings, sculptures, paintings and photography here:
http://aribach.deviantart.com/gallery/

And one of my animated films here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTex8QvjxSo

#388464 - 07/22/09 09:17 AM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
Welcome, did you make your avatar as well? It's awesome!
HS!
HP2

#388520 - 07/22/09 04:23 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Thanks! Yes, my avatar is one of my designs and can be seen larger at the first link.

#388537 - 07/22/09 06:26 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

You're very welcome! I'll definitely check out your page.
HS!
HP

#388538 - 07/22/09 06:30 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: HereticPrincess2]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Wow, great stuff there. Who or what is Akugog? He's awesome!
HS!
HP

#388543 - 07/22/09 06:49 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Thanks, Akugog is a character from 'Fall of the Rebel Angels', one of my film projects which has been designed, storyboarded and animated but has yet to find funding to be shot live action (Surrealist film is expensive). More clearly female from other angles, she's a sulphur demon who's given up her cranium preceding a battle, best not to risk the important parts. You can see a couple shots of her in the animatic trailer,

#388550 - 07/22/09 07:02 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Originally Posted By: Delta
Thanks, Akugog is a character from 'Fall of the Rebel Angels', one of my film projects which has been designed, storyboarded and animated but has yet to find funding to be shot live action (Surrealist film is expensive). More clearly female from other angles, she's a sulphur demon who's given up her cranium preceding a battle, best not to risk the important parts. You can see a couple shots of her in the animatic trailer,

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbTlms4ZHH0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tbTlms4ZHH0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your welcome, I immediately thought "she" was male because seeing her reminds of this statue of Set that I have.
I'll check the trailer out soon and let you know what I think
smile
HS!
HP

#388560 - 07/22/09 07:57 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Apologies in advance. I don't mean to embarrass you but I'm about to gush compliments...

AWESOME work! Really impressive old-school attention to detail and craftsmanship. Your skill with human anatomy and architecture is amazing. Surrealism works best (for me) when it's obvious that the artist has a good foundation/understanding of realism and, this may be an understatement but, you obviously do.

Folks have mentioned that titling is sometimes the most difficult part of the process but these are great: "A Finger God and His Pet Wrist" and "Picasso Walking His Dog", "Inside the Fattest Man in the World" and "Demon of Dental Malocclusion".

And if that isn't enough, your sculptures are stunning too! The sectioned head is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and Rrg is just the cutest puckish little imp-creature ever.

I want one. grin

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#388562 - 07/22/09 08:11 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Shade]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Aw shucks Miss Shade, thank you very, very much! The oil painting is one of my proudest, it took ages as I used the Flemish technique, 'dead layers' and such.

The architectural perspective thing is an illustration for a sci-fi novel I just finished (Any literary agents on here?) called Valhalla, here's the cover:

Rrg the little green guy is from a stop motion film called "Morbid Curiosity," that I have yet to shoot. The critter gets abducted and experimented on by a scientist monster with a microscope lens carriage for an eye. The experiments are cruel and all motivated by food deprivation, in the end he eats the scientist. Should Rrg toys ever get mass produced you can have the first.

#388567 - 07/22/09 08:51 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

I must say that your drawings are awesome! I love art and really want to learn to draw very much. You do all this digitally or how? I read your profile (tools of the trade especially, I like to know what people use as I'm a huge fan of colored pencil) on DeviantArt and wasn't sure if you drew out the things first with the mechanical pencil and then scanned them into Photoshop or what. Let me know, I love looking at other people's art. It inspires me, and hopefully I'll get off my ass and learn to draw/start drawing! laugh
HS!
HP

Edited by HereticPrincess2 (07/22/09 08:52 PM)

#388569 - 07/22/09 08:57 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Most of my stuff is drawn in black and white, then scanned and colorized in photoshop if it's colorized. Some pictures like the perspective building above had clouds or lens flares added, this was back in the late 90s when such things were new, I'm rather ashamed to have photoshop clouds and lens flares in my works now as they've become the lowest sort of cliche (And I've finally learned how to draw clouds). I never mastered color pencils myself, oil paint remains the best way to make a genuinely colorful picture for me.

#388602 - 07/23/09 08:28 AM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Thanks for that! smile

#388608 - 07/23/09 09:16 AM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: HereticPrincess2]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

I think your trailer is awesome, too bad I can't fund you!
HS!
HP

#388864 - 07/24/09 09:51 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Delta]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Nice work. I especially like the film.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#388868 - 07/24/09 09:54 PM Re: Artwork and Film [Re: Svengali]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Thank you very much, Magister!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics