Page 1 of 2 1 2
The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) #390025
08/02/09 07:26 AM
08/02/09 07:26 AM
Portland, Oregon
Favenris Offline OP

Favenris  Offline OP

Portland, Oregon
I have been given permission to start a thread in which we can type well-known people (historical figures, celebrities, members of this forum, etc) using The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock. If you have not read The Satanic Witch, then this thread will introduce one of the many brilliant Lesser Magic methods found within it. Generally, most people fall into the 12, 3, 6, and 9 positions, but I hope that people are able to step out of such easy boundaries and attempt to find people who are 2's, 7's, 4's and so on... Though the latter may fall into the Satanic hierarchy's hands as they are much more experienced in the craft of typing people.

So, to kick off this topic, allow me to type a few people...

Jim Carrey

He is mostly known for his comedic films, but behind his actor mask of silliness and sociable personality, lies an introspective man who took upon comedy out of desperation.

"I had a sick mom, man. I wanted to make her feel better. Basically, I think she laid in bed and took a lot of pain pills. And I wanted to make her feel better. And I used to go in there and do impressions of praying mantises, and weird things, and whatever. I'd bounce off the walls and throw myself down the stairs to make her feel better."

"I was on Prozac for a long time. It may have helped me out of a jam for a little bit, but people stay on it forever. I had to get off at a certain point because I realized that, you know, everything's just OK."

- Interview with 60 Minutes (2004)

Dr. LaVey, in his own empiric observations, states that those who lie within the 2-5 clock range are most prone to depression and drug addiction. This, I think, is because within them lies a demonic desire to live out their opposite, the social, and so they become "friends" with the habit. Luckily the brilliant and talented mind of Jim Carrey was able to deal with his problems and not succumb to the addiction which his body type is most easily prone to.

"I rarely drink coffee. I'm very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful."

So, I believe that Mr. Carrey lies between either a 3 or a 4. He does not appear to be a very dominant person, submissive more than anything, but not a complete slave either. What do you think? His body is also obviously shaped as those on the right side of the clock, as you can see in the pictures.

Another obvious Air type is Kurt Cobain.

Kurt Cobain

I think he falls much further into the lower side of the clock. As most of you know, Cobain was a musician (guitar, another aspect of Air) who committed suicide for having his music turned into a commercial product. He was a heroin addict and idolized his wife Courtney Love. I think this pretty much covers his relation to a 3 or 4, and a 5 would be too far from intellectual.

Adolf Hitler

While most would consider him to be an absolute dominant man, I think he rather falls a bit to the right. Maybe a 1 or a 2, because the man was incredibly idealistic. He spent too much time in his head, and other people did most of the work for him. But, again, I'm willing to listen to a differing opinion...

If you would like to provide your own example to the thread, please find pictures which cover the person's entire body. A headshot does not say very much, and we need to see their entire torso and legs in order to make a more accurate judgment.

I also ask for those with much experience in the Lesser Magic field to lend us a hand in figuring out which people accurately fall into certain positions.

"Training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act." - Ra's al Ghul
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Favenris] #390028
08/02/09 07:52 AM
08/02/09 07:52 AM
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member
NapalmNick  Offline
CoS Member

Interesting idea, Favenris. I think I would fall under more of the 4 o'clock position more than anything else. I'm very skinny, and pretty short for someone of my age and heritage. On top of that I despise social situations. I've grown up enough to know how to act politely and effectively when it's necessary, but altogether I'd rather avoid them unless it's with very good friends. I respond better to music that is straight-forward, but oftentimes when I make music the lyrics and beats are abstract. And, I'm a huge social critic. Probably why I like Carlin so much.

I'll try and type Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the actor who played The Comedian in the 2009 film adaptation of Watchmen, who is my current avatar.

Unlike the Comedian, who I'd put at a solid 12, I'm going to place Morgan between 1 and 2. His overall physicality makes me think closer to 1, however, his occupation as an actor and flirtation with graphic arts makes me think he'd be more towards the other side. He was going to play basketball, but an injury got in the way of that, and basketball is more of a three o'clock sport, in my opinion.

He's seems to be the kind of guy who can easily pass off as the "manly man", but judging from his smile I'd say he's not afraid of showing tenderness. Yup, I'd say between 1 and 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dean_Morgan

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris; not the end." --Leonard Nimoy as Captain Spock in The Undiscovered Country

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: NapalmNick] #390052
08/02/09 02:13 PM
08/02/09 02:13 PM
Des Plaines, IL
HereticPrincess2 Offline
HereticPrincess2  Offline

Des Plaines, IL
This is a very interesting topic, though I have nothing to add at this time. smile

I have read The Satanic Witch before and I didn't really understand the synthesizer clock but when I read it again, maybe I'll have a better grasp on it.

HS!
HP

"The pale dove grins, black at heart ready to flee
Demon to some, angel to others!"
Dimmu Borgir-Hybrid Stigmata
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: HereticPrincess2] #390062
08/02/09 03:41 PM
08/02/09 03:41 PM
Atlanta, GA.
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch
Bruja  Offline

CoS Witch

Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
This is a very interesting topic, though I have nothing to add at this time.

I have read The Satanic Witch before and I didn't really understand the synthesizer clock but when I read it again, maybe I'll have a better grasp on it.

crazy

You know, if I have nothing intelligent or worthwhile to contribute to a subject, I generally don't make a post saying so.

Maybe you should follow suit, study Satanic material and post only when you actually have something of substance to say.

Hail Satan!
Bruja

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Bruja] #390103
08/02/09 09:57 PM
08/02/09 09:57 PM
Des Plaines, IL
HereticPrincess2 Offline
HereticPrincess2  Offline

Des Plaines, IL
Yes, you're right.

"The pale dove grins, black at heart ready to flee
Demon to some, angel to others!"
Dimmu Borgir-Hybrid Stigmata
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: HereticPrincess2] #390126
08/03/09 04:34 AM
08/03/09 04:34 AM
Houston
Empathy Offline
Empathy  Offline

Houston
I've read up on this method of somatotyping, and I have a question for you.

How accurate have you found it to be when trying to analyze someone you know very little about? I know that part of the method involves analyzing personality and emotional templates based off of body types, but the examples listed so far are people whom you can learn a great deal about simply because there is a large volume of information about that person that is publicly available.

Without reading my previous posts in other threads, which would give you an idea of the type of person I am, how much could you really know about me from a picture? Would it really be worth a thousand words, or would it be mostly speculation? I am speaking of a simple portrait type of photograph, not a photograph from some party or other social scene that would give you multiple examples of the type of people I associate with, from which you could possibly make reasonable assumptions of my background.

I bring this up because I am skeptical of this method. It seems like a good method for evaluating people based off of stereotypes, or confirming your evaluation of people you already know a lot about, but it seems like an unsound method of evaluating people you know little about.

"In heaven, all of the interesting people are missing."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390131
08/03/09 05:51 AM
08/03/09 05:51 AM
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member
NapalmNick  Offline
CoS Member

The Personality Synthesizer Clock Developed by Doktor LaVey isn't necessarily supposed to be used for what Favenris and I have done in this thread. It's primary use is in typig people you could see and interact with in daily life. It is seldom wrong.

Based on someone's body type, facial expressions, mannerisms, you can accurately guess their personality and disposition.

In a photograph that encompasses the full body you can see how someone carries themself, and also based on what clothes they wear, and other non-verbal communications the same can be done.

Because these things, like music, are a form of communication. They are screaming what kind of person they are. You just gotta know how to read it. wink

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris; not the end." --Leonard Nimoy as Captain Spock in The Undiscovered Country

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390134
08/03/09 06:43 AM
08/03/09 06:43 AM
My suburban lair
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member
John Prophet  Offline

CoS Member

My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Empathy

Without reading my previous posts in other threads, which would give you an idea of the type of person I am, how much could you really know about me from a picture? Would it really be worth a thousand words, or would it be mostly speculation? I am speaking of a simple portrait type of photograph, not a photograph from some party or other social scene that would give you multiple examples of the type of people I associate with, from which you could possibly make reasonable assumptions of my background.

I bring this up because I am skeptical of this method. It seems like a good method for evaluating people based off of stereotypes, or confirming your evaluation of people you already know a lot about, but it seems like an unsound method of evaluating people you know little about.

If you only see a portrait of someone and never interact with them or have access to any other information about them, then why would it matter what personality type they are?

The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock is obviously designed for real world application.

Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390136
08/03/09 07:16 AM
08/03/09 07:16 AM
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister
Phineas  Offline
CoS Magister

"I bring this up because I am skeptical of this method. It seems like a good method for evaluating people based off of stereotypes, or confirming your evaluation of people you already know a lot about, but it seems like an unsound method of evaluating people you know little about."

Have you read The Satanic Witch?

"Consensus is the absence of leadership." Margaret Thatcher

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Phineas] #390139
08/03/09 07:22 AM
08/03/09 07:22 AM
Portland, Oregon
Favenris Offline OP

Favenris  Offline OP

Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: Phineas
"I bring this up because I am skeptical of this method. It seems like a good method for evaluating people based off of stereotypes, or confirming your evaluation of people you already know a lot about, but it seems like an unsound method of evaluating people you know little about."

Have you read The Satanic Witch?

Or more importantly, Empathy, have you applied its methods? Magic seems to be about trial and error. You apply a technique and if it doesn't work, look at it and try to see what you did wrong. If after a couple more tries you still don't get far, at that point one can say "Okay, this doesn't work for me. I will try something else instead."

There's much in The Satanic Witch that I have not been able to utilize effectively, but just because it doesn't work for me it doesn't mean that it doesn't produce results for everybody else.

Empiricism is the name of the game, right?

"Training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act." - Ra's al Ghul
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390169
08/03/09 04:01 PM
08/03/09 04:01 PM
Florida
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest
Virus9  Offline
CoS Priest

Florida
Quote:
How accurate have you found it to be when trying to analyze someone you know very little about?

It's a very useful tool, but it shouldn't be the only one in your toolbox.

Everyone is special in their own way, and by "special" I mean the short-bus variety.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Virus9] #390255
08/04/09 01:39 AM
08/04/09 01:39 AM
Houston
Empathy Offline
Empathy  Offline

Houston
I have not read the satanic witch, and I most likely never will. I have to confess that, after reading the satanic bible, I was a bit turned off by Lavey's writing style. The message I agreed with, but I am a boring historian who doesn't have a great appreciation for the theatrical delivery that characterizes the works of Anton Lavey. It's safe to say that I am not a satanist, but I do find ya'll to be interesting people.

It's sort of easier to explain these theories and ideas in the context of social psychology, rather than using terms like greater and lesser magic. I say that because a social psychology class I took in college dealt extensively with analyzing people, and the masks they wear out in public. I think that it is possible that my skepticism comes from my analysis of myself. I can throw up any face I want: the alpha male, the meek nerd, and anywhere in between. Fooling psychologists was one of my pleasures as an out of control youth, so it may be that I am simply a poor test subject for the personality clock.

"In heaven, all of the interesting people are missing."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390302
08/04/09 04:51 AM
08/04/09 04:51 AM
Canada
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock
reprobate  Offline

CoS Warlock

Canada
I reckon you will find most posters here are perfectly satisfied with how Anton LaVey expresses himself in The Satanic Witch, and you are in effect asking for a primer on the primer. If you can't be arsed to do the research yourself, why would we take the time to dumb it down or "decode" it for you?

reprobate
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390307
08/04/09 05:31 AM
08/04/09 05:31 AM
VictorWolf Offline
CoS Member
VictorWolf  Offline
CoS Member

It's sort of easier to explain these theories and ideas in the context of social psychology, rather than using terms like greater and lesser magic. I say that because a social psychology class I took in college dealt extensively with analyzing people, and the masks they wear out in public. I think that it is possible that my skepticism comes from my analysis of myself. I can throw up any face I want: the alpha male, the meek nerd, and anywhere in between. Fooling psychologists was one of my pleasures as an out of control youth, so it may be that I am simply a poor test subject for the personality clock.

Lesser Magic isn't just analyzing people based on how they're acting though that's part of it. The whole point of the Clock is to use other clues as well to get past any screens or masks that people use. You learn about them and learn to manipulate them. Figuring how what a person really is like. No one is a "poor test subject."

"It's pretty fun, doing the impossible." -Walt Disney
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390368
08/04/09 03:43 PM
08/04/09 03:43 PM
My suburban lair
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member
John Prophet  Offline

CoS Member

My suburban lair
Fooling psychologists was one of my pleasures as an out of control youth, so it may be that I am simply a poor test subject for the personality clock.

VictorWolf is right. If you think that you’re above being categorized, then you’re giving yourself too much credit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,555
Posts407,984
Members13,373
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.034s Queries: 15 (0.027s) Memory: 1.1392 MB (Peak: 1.3540 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-22 20:28:27 UTC