08/04/09 05:36 PM
08/04/09 05:36 PM
USA
J
J. Hagalaz Offline
J. Hagalaz  Offline
J

USA
"I can throw up any face I want: the alpha male, the meek nerd, and anywhere in between. Fooling psychologists was one of my pleasures as an out of control youth, so it may be that I am simply a poor test subject for the personality clock."

There is nothing wrong with being skeptical; in fact, I think it's pretty damn important. Would it be fair to say that you are open to learning new things?

There are things I think I know and there are things I know I know. One thing I do know is that when you read The Satanic Witch you will be pleasantly surprised as you discover that it has nothing to do with the misconceptions you mentioned above.

After you read it maybe you could enjoy posting any new thoughts or ideas that resulted from your new understandings based on what you find. It really is cool because once you start typing people, it begins to fall out of conscious awareness to point where you can simply look at a person and automatically know a great deal of useful information about them. It's fun, it's easy, and like magic it just "clicks".

The Satanic Witch is a very valuable source!

They are doomed because they cannot even glimpse beyond the construct that their masters have put into place. Their masters are doomed because they believe in the construct they created.
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: J. Hagalaz] #390492
08/05/09 04:00 AM
08/05/09 04:00 AM
Upland
Diwanna Offline
Diwanna  Offline

Upland
The Satanic Witch is my favorite of the Doktor's books. Every page oozes practical information that I used daily. Except for making the charm amulet. vomit Not my thing, but I'm sure it works quite well for and on some people.

The Absence of God will bring you comfort. - Jenny Lewis

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390513
08/05/09 08:42 AM
08/05/09 08:42 AM
Portland, Oregon
Favenris Offline OP

Favenris  Offline OP

Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: Empathy
I have not read the satanic witch, and I most likely never will. I have to confess that, after reading the satanic bible, I was a bit turned off by Lavey's writing style. The message I agreed with, but I am a boring historian who doesn't have a great appreciation for the theatrical delivery that characterizes the works of Anton Lavey. It's safe to say that I am not a satanist, but I do find ya'll to be interesting people.

Obviously I think most people here (including myself) do not feel the same way about Dr. LaVey's writings as you do, but I must comment that I thought your gentle rejection was both mature and respectable. You seem to have understood that Satanism is not the religion for you, and that's perfectly fine.

Across the net, there are many idiots who insult the Church of Satan and its members out of either jealousy, ignorance, or just plain stupidity. Most of them do not deserve to be even named as they should rot in the darkness of the general public's indifference.

It's sort of easier to explain these theories and ideas in the context of social psychology, rather than using terms like greater and lesser magic.

I can't recall the quote at the moment, but somewhere LaVey states that Satanism fulfills the gray line between (psychiatry?) and religion. Man desires fantasy, drama, theater, and Satanism provides that. Like said by many members, one of the reasons why it is called Satanism is because it is stimulating, fun, theatrical. It is safe to say that some of us like a bit of drama, as long as it stays within the confines of the ritual chamber and not interfering with our "outside" work.

The Satanic Bible even states that its applications of magic will be considered by some to be simply applied psychology, but giving it an "infernal" twist brings out the mystery, metaphor, and overall taste that psychiatry lost from religion.

Originally Posted By: diwanna
Except for making the charm amulet. vomit Not my thing, but I'm sure it works quite well for and on some people.

Not quite the tool for my gender, but I have seen similar methods work wonders for girls. LaVey was a man ahead of his time, and his magic was able to conjure what is now widely scientifically known as pheromones. coopdevil

Last edited by Favenris; 08/05/09 08:45 AM. Reason: Response to diwanna.

"Training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act." - Ra's al Ghul
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390540
08/05/09 11:18 AM
08/05/09 11:18 AM
New England, USA
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister
Bill_M  Offline
CoS Magister

New England, USA
I have not read the satanic witch, and I most likely never will.

You're not a skeptic. You're just jumping to conclusions based on faith rather than study.

Quote:
It's safe to say that I am not a satanist,

Then why are you even on this message board?

Quote:
It's sort of easier to explain these theories and ideas in the context of social psychology, rather than using terms like greater and lesser magic.

There goes the boat. You missed it.

Reverend Bill M.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Favenris] #390545
08/05/09 11:48 AM
08/05/09 11:48 AM
New England, USA
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister
Bill_M  Offline
CoS Magister

New England, USA
When it comes to trying to place celebrities on the clock, especially entertainers, it's worth keeping in mind their work can be reflective of their demonic self OR core self. Some obvious examples come to mind when I think of different rock virtuosos and how their personality might compare with their choice of instrument (e.g., the wild heavy metal drummer who seems oddly soft-spoken in interviews, versus one that better resembles "Animal" from The Muppets).

Regarding the clock in general, though especially when it comes to placing oneself on the clock: I've seen WAY too many Satanists who fail to find a spot because they over-analyze the whole thing. The whole point of a human categorizing system is to get a convenient set of categories that you can quickly use to apply and "size up" somebody with. Obviously, no system is going to work for every observed individual with 100% accuracy. But anything's better than random guessing. What's worse are the ones who jump to a conclusion based on wishful thinking and only one paragraph from The Satanic Witch ("Oh gee, I MUST be a 12 o'clock because I hate teamwork and I'm oh-so-manly. Case closed!").

I've gotten other personality tests in magic trick catalogs and the like that place people in as little as 3 categories, and as many as over 100. Having few categories makes a conclusion easier, but too general to get enough details. Having many categories makes the system more accurate, but becomes too impractical to use on the spot. LaVey's Synthesizer clock, in my opinion, is a good balance between the two.

Reverend Bill M.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Favenris] #390592
08/05/09 03:34 PM
08/05/09 03:34 PM
Upland
Diwanna Offline
Diwanna  Offline

Upland

Originally Posted By: diwanna
Except for making the charm amulet. vomit Not my thing, but I'm sure it works quite well for and on some people.

Not quite the tool for my gender, but I have seen similar methods work wonders for girls. LaVey was a man ahead of his time, and his magic was able to conjure what is now widely scientifically known as pheromones. coopdevil [/quote]

No I know it works and have seen the effects of pheromones first hand, it just when my wife and I first read that section, it just sounded a bit "yucky".

I've begun to use the clock principles in my sales training, paraphrased of course, and it's amazing how it's helped my newer staff become more successful at their job. One particular saleswoman is amazing at it. One second she'll be giving one guy detailed technical data (a la 4 o'clock) and the next minute she'll be cute and bubbly (a la 8 o'clock or so). She can read people in like 30 seconds from when they walk in the door. When she finishes school this year and leaves my charge, she's going to receive my 1st ed copy of The Compleat Witch as a gift.

The Absence of God will bring you comfort. - Jenny Lewis

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Diwanna] #390781
08/07/09 02:13 AM
08/07/09 02:13 AM
Houston
Empathy Offline
Empathy  Offline

Houston
Lesson learned, I have been well rebuked. I wrote out several different lengthy rebuttals, but all of them failed to overcome the fact that I overstepped, by posting in a thread about a book that I have not read. Without a solid foundation, I was dancing on quicksand in this argument.

Is this how civilized people argue? Normally I just pull a gun and tell people to "git off muh prawpertee", but this isn't my property, so it did not feel like an appropriate response.

"In heaven, all of the interesting people are missing."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390888
08/08/09 12:27 AM
08/08/09 12:27 AM
Silicon Valley, CA USA
Richard Cerno Offline

CoS Member
Richard Cerno  Offline

CoS Member

Silicon Valley, CA USA
While this is my own subjective experience, I have to whole heartily agree that the LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock works quite well. I say this as both someone who was a Behavior Analysis major in college, and someone who applies both the Clock and my schooling in my everyday work - online advertising (Lesser Magic pays my bills, and quite well). Both tools complement each other, and both should be a pair of tools among many in one's Lesser Magic tool belt.

(FYI - behavior analysis is currently the only hard science in the school of psychology, with objective, empirical, effective results in the areas it is most suited to be applied, given the current state of the science and research. It is quite telling that, aside from therapists and researchers, the two institutions that employ the most folks with Ph.Ds in Behavior Analysis are government intelligence agencies and advertisers).

Last edited by Richard Cerno; 08/08/09 12:31 AM.

--
Richard Cerno
Boardroom in Black - Business From a Satanic Perspective
http://www.boardroominblack.com
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Richard Cerno] #390908
08/08/09 03:21 AM
08/08/09 03:21 AM
Houston
Empathy Offline
Empathy  Offline

Houston
You have a very interesting blog Richard Cerno, by far the most interesting one that I've seen linked in anyone's signature so far here. I have spent the last fourteen months improving my economics and finance education, primarily by reading a multitude of books covering the subjects, and I am finally getting a solid grasp on the flow and mechanics of it all. I make no claims to being able to predict stocks, or the future, but I think I have a good understanding of the inter-relationships of it all.

"In heaven, all of the interesting people are missing."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: Empathy] #390963
08/08/09 06:40 PM
08/08/09 06:40 PM
Silicon Valley, CA USA
Richard Cerno Offline

CoS Member
Richard Cerno  Offline

CoS Member

Silicon Valley, CA USA
You have a very interesting blog Richard Cerno, by far the most interesting one that I've seen linked in anyone's signature so far here. I have spent the last fourteen months improving my economics and finance education, primarily by reading a multitude of books covering the subjects, and I am finally getting a solid grasp on the flow and mechanics of it all. I make no claims to being able to predict stocks, or the future, but I think I have a good understanding of the inter-relationships of it all.

Thank you for your kind words of support and interest in my writings.

--
Richard Cerno
Boardroom in Black - Business From a Satanic Perspective
http://www.boardroominblack.com
Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: HereticPrincess2] #476887
07/18/12 10:27 AM
07/18/12 10:27 AM
M
mexluver2012 Offline
mexluver2012  Offline
M

Not understanding something the first time around is ok. Every one learns and understands things differently at times. You'll get it soon enough

Re: The LaVey Personality Synthesizer Clock (Examples) [Re: mexluver2012] #476888
07/18/12 11:57 AM
07/18/12 11:57 AM
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend
Quaark  Offline

CoS Reverend

Would you please NOT drag up threads that are years old and inactive to make replies?

Aside from being poor message board etiquette, it makes you look clueless, and I'm sure that's not the impression you're trying to leave.

Look at the date of the last post before posting.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,555
Posts407,981
Members13,366
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.039s Queries: 14 (0.028s) Memory: 1.4987 MB (Peak: 1.8794 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-17 20:08:07 UTC