Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#390438 - 08/04/09 04:55 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Good stuff. Then, you know all you need to.

#390447 - 08/04/09 05:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
I strive to learn more every day. The person who doesn't need to know more is someone I wish to stay away from.

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#390448 - 08/04/09 05:50 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Nibas
I strive to learn more every day. The person who doesn't need to know more is someone I wish to stay away from.

Er...I meant about this issue.

But yeah.

Totally.

#390647 - 08/05/09 07:30 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Phosis
I keep it a secret because honestly, talking about religion with people I don't know, and having to explain what Satanism is all the time is enough to make me want to puke. It's boring, it's pointless, and I have better things to do with my time.

This sums up my own thoughts on the subject very succinctly.

I don't wear a baphomet pendant at all actually. My style of dress is almost always very neat and expensive casual with a fair amount of black (aka the 'Black Suit' article in Bearing the Devils Mark). But no obvious Satanic paraphenalia is visible and I do not have tattoos..

I've found that keeping my Satanic belief to myself is like charging a 'lesser magic battery' - and letting people know about it - at least in 95% of cases - makes the battery go flat...

Plus, having a sinister secret is kind of fun! coopdevil

HS!

#390653 - 08/05/09 07:53 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
I live openly as a Satanist. I got pentagrams tattooed on my elbows a few years ago, even though I knew living in Arizona they wouldn't be covered most of the time. Every so often, I almost regretted getting them. But, I've learned to lie if it seems fitting. I work in retail, and I simply gauge what the questioner looks like before answering. If they're a "mom type" or older, or if they're pretty young, I tell 'em "I just like stars". It sounds really dumb, I know. I also have "evil" tattooed in Japanese kanji above one of the pentagrams, but if the person asking doesn't seem like they'll understand, I'll tell them it says "live". Again, sounds lame to have a tattoo that says "live". But it's better than feeling lesser to a righteous christian (in their eyes, that is).
I was on the bus one day, and an older gentleman who looked drunk stared at me for awhile (I had my baphomet necklace on as well). He then asked me what my elbow tattoos meant, and I said they're stars. He THEN asked if I knew WHAT they meant, seemed like he was trying to rile me up. I smiled and said yes, I know exactly what they mean but there's a time, place, and proper people to discuss such matters with, and this was none of those. He shook his head and said "god bless" when he disembarked the bus.
At first, I was kind of scared to show my Satanism in public, not knowing what the proper answer would be to questions. Now, I revel in it. We have the right to wear our "religious" decor, as much as the next christian, wiccan, or Jew, to echo someone else's sentiment.

#390682 - 08/06/09 01:06 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Amberpocalypse
I tell 'em "I just like stars". It sounds really dumb, I know. I also have "evil" tattooed in Japanese kanji above one of the pentagrams, but if the person asking doesn't seem like they'll understand, I'll tell them it says "live".

I think it's cute. smile
Maybe it can appear dumb to you, but to most of people would appear dumber if you fetched out the Satanism card, for they probably wouldn't understand anything of it and would fall into biased conclusions. The words you give them are the simple explanation and spare you from fruitless discussions.

#390697 - 08/06/09 04:48 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Nibas
The experience did make me wonder though – if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism?

No, I wouldn't go so far as to say that merely wearing the Sigil openly is, in and of itself, an act of solipsism. If however you were to wear it, get a negative reaction from somebody in public, and then get all huffy over the fact that this person was an irrational moron...that would be a different story.

Personally, I haven't gotten too many negative reactions from wearing one of my Sigil necklaces. Most observers probably just dismiss it as some kind of heavy metal band kitsch, or even something Wiccan. But I've had some people who were very mature and sincere in asking me what it stood for, then listened as I politely ran down Satanism 101 for them, and they thanked me as they left holding a piece of paper on which I wrote "churchofsatan.com" for them. Nothing harmful about that!

I am mindful though of where I go about wearing it. I certainly don't openly wear it when I'm at the office, or visiting prudish relatives. But I don't fear wearing it in public.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#390721 - 08/06/09 10:30 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Zsche Offline

I live openly as a Satanist. I got pentagrams tattooed on my elbows a few years ago, even though I knew living in Arizona they wouldn't be covered most of the time.

I too have pentacle tattoos on both arms. Usually, they aren’t openly displayed unless my shirt is off - such as at the beach, working in the sun, or in the pool.

When questioned in the past about what they mean – and I have “sensed” that the person was not open to hearing the truth, instead of lying - I tell them that the symbol was used by Pythagoras and his students (which is evidently true). I also mention that the symbols are used by various spiritual groups which are earth and nature based. Typically, this is enough to satisfy the curiosity of herd types.

We have the right to wear our "religious" decor, as much as the next christian, wiccan, or Jew, to echo someone else's sentiment.

Agreed – and my point exactly. Thank you very much for your response and input.

Hail Satan!

Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#390722 - 08/06/09 10:46 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
No, I wouldn't go so far as to say that merely wearing the Sigil openly is, in and of itself, an act of solipsism. If however you were to wear it, get a negative reaction from somebody in public, and then get all huffy over the fact that this person was an irrational moron...that would be a different story.

Thank you for the response and clarification Reverend. Very much appreciated. I agree with you – that acting irrational with someone irrational is pointless. I receive negative reactions from many in public already as most herd types judge books by their covers. This being the case – it works to my advantage, as I prefer to not associate with those who are so closed-minded.

Personally, I haven't gotten too many negative reactions from wearing one of my Sigil necklaces. Most observers probably just dismiss it as some kind of heavy metal band kitsch, or even something Wiccan. But I've had some people who were very mature and sincere in asking me what it stood for, then listened as I politely ran down Satanism 101 for them, and they thanked me as they left holding a piece of paper on which I wrote "churchofsatan.com" for them. Nothing harmful about that!

Agreed – I see several people notice, but they do not comment. I like the piece of paper idea… It almost makes me want to have business cards printed up with nothing at all but the URL http://www.churchofsatan.com/ to hand to people when questioned.

“If you really want to know, you can find the information here.” hand them the card then walk away.

I am mindful though of where I go about wearing it. I certainly don't openly wear it when I'm at the office, or visiting prudish relatives. But I don't fear wearing it in public.

I agree that there are places where it could be seen as inappropriate, or disrespectful. I see it as a personal choice to be open or private. I choose to be open, and feel justified in doing so.

Hail Satan!

#390730 - 08/06/09 11:54 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Blackspring Offline

Loc: London
I wear my Baphomet under my shirt every day and remove it each evening before bed. After I've showered in the morning, I put it back on. While I'm doing this mini ritual I set myself goals for the day and visualise how I will achieve them.

No one even knows I own a Baphomet - well, apart from you lot! wink

#390734 - 08/06/09 12:45 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Blackspring]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
I wear my Baphomet under my shirt every day and remove it each evening before bed. After I've showered in the morning, I put it back on. While I'm doing this mini ritual I set myself goals for the day and visualise how I will achieve them.

That's great. I do something similar, and find that those sort of "mini rituals" that I do on a daily basis energize me and put me in the mindset to be focused and productive.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#390745 - 08/06/09 01:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Lust Offline

"God is dead! Satan Lives!" - Roman Castevet

I made a decision to be my own God. I wear my Baphomet medallion openly every day of the week. I have been asked what it represents by a handful of people. Each person received a different answer. When I am out and about I am aware of my location and if need be will silently tuck the medallion under my shirt collar.

I also have the sigil of Baphomet tattooed on my left wrist. I adore this tattoo and would never consider removing it. I have found that the herd is quite stupid and would rather take someones word for what a symbol is/means rather take the time to research it.

I am currently on vacation at Myrtle Beach SC. I met a Jewish couple running a souvenir store on the first night here. They enjoyed translating the Hebrew and giving me their thoughts on Leviathan. One said a whale, the other a shark. The lady asked why I was wearing such a medallion. I smiled and said because I like it.

Solipsism = Assumptions or expectations of others to be on the same level as you.

On a side note. If the mythological Jesus Christ had been shot would his followers all wear bullets?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#390752 - 08/06/09 02:58 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
I am currently on vacation at Myrtle Beach SC. I met a Jewish couple running a souvenir store on the first night here. They enjoyed translating the Hebrew and giving me their thoughts on Leviathan. One said a whale, the other a shark. The lady asked why I was wearing such a medallion. I smiled and said because I like it.

Solipsism = Assumptions or expectations of others to be on the same level as you.

Thank you Tier Instinct for your input. It's interesting how different people see different things as the Jewish couple you met did. I think that as long as I don't have expectations that everyone who sees my Baphomet medallion will accept me for who and what I am, then wearing it openly is not a form of Solipsism. It depends totally upon my attitude and reactions.

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
On a side note. If the mythological Jesus Christ had been shot would his followers all wear bullets?

laugh Thank you again! I laughed my ass off when I read this.

#390753 - 08/06/09 03:26 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
I wear mine constantly (except when showering, its really old and I don't want the water/soap/etc to mess it up.

I always wear it outside of my shirts, its on a shorter chain so its not possible to tuck it into anything except sweaters.

I don't wear it out in the open to get a rise out of people or anything.

I also wear another necklace which can be found here: http://www.azuregreen.com/jewelry/amulets-and-talismans/confuse-defeat-enemy-amulet/aconene.html It is just plain silver though, no blue in it.

Both were given to me by my fiance.

#390765 - 08/06/09 05:04 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
If I may skew slightly off topic...

I don't wear a Baphomet necklace, that's purely because I don't wear a necklace. I dress very normally, jeans and a t-shirt most of the time, And what potentially offensive shirts I have I tend not to wear outside. I have however been verbally assaulted for being a satanist and a terrorist.

While visiting Israel my Dad got me an Israeli Coca-Cola shirt with the brand name in cursive Hebrew. Cursive Hebrew apparently looks a lot like Arabic to people in small-town Colorado. After shouting at me for a full five minutes at a post-office about how I killed Americans in Iraq and hated jesus, the guy let me get a word in edgewise in which I informed him that it was Hebrew, after which he regurgitated a difficult apology and told me I should be proud to be one of god's chosen people.

I was accused of being a Satanist over my avatar, which I use on DeviantArt as well as LttD. Though I had not yet courted controversy by posting my drawing "Abortion of the Baby Jesus" I was represented by this black and red inverse septagram shaped doodad and someone managed to mistake it for a Baphomet. Granted I designed it with the same aesthetic and it has a similar meaning (Representing a Satanist if not Satanism), I'm still surprised and amused that anyone could mistake it for a Baphomet, it's utterly lacking in goat heads.

My point is, idiots will always attack you for what they think you are. No matter what face you present to the public, someone will find something they don't like. One benefit of wearing a Baphomet necklace may be that they'll at least attack you for what you really are.

Even more off topic, I don't understand necklaces from a self-defense standpoint. If you're going to wear a symbol that people may hate you for, why wear it on a ready-made garrote?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404173 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements