Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#391090 - 08/10/09 12:13 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
As HereticPrincess2 does, I too normally wear a Crux Satanas instead of my Baphomet. I still feel that I am portraying my Satanic philosophies to those in the know, while most other people see it as a unfimiliar symbol and ignore it entirely. I only wear my baphomet when I am in the ritual chamber or amongst people that won't give me a hard time.

#391101 - 08/10/09 06:15 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
It occurs to me that playing the adversarial role, or even brandishing the Baphomet at all, probably works best for people who are actively trying to utilize the wonder element of lesser magic (as opposed to sex or sentiment).

But of course, as with sex and sentiment, the element of wonder is more easily and more effectively employed by some people, than by others. If you try to use various elements of wonder, such as playing the adversarial role, brandishing controversial symbols or trying to look and dress like a bad ass, but your natural physical appearance doesn’t support it; then you just end up looking like a freak ( but not in the effective, lesser magic way!).

One very simple, but very important thing that we must always remember is that people like to get what they expect and they don’t like surprises. People like it when they think they can peg you and it’s often to your benefit to encourage that (just because they think they can figure you out at a glance, doesn’t mean they actually can; but it does often make them easier to deal with).

One of the most basic ways to make it easy for people to settle on conclusions about you is to avoid dressing against type and this includes any ornamentation that you might have on your person.

It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?

Edited by John Prophet (08/10/09 06:23 AM)

#391105 - 08/10/09 09:29 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
While I can appreciate the dialog that is occurring from starting this topic - I will once again reference earlier posts that I made to this thread:

Originally Posted By: Nibas

As stated in my original post:

Not everyone chooses to make their beliefs public, but I am curious how those who choose to openly live as Satanists handle the initial questions?

And reiterated in another:

I suppose my original post was mainly directed at receiving responses from those who choose to live openly as Satanists. I choose to.

This is not a question about “whether” I should openly display my medallion.

Is there anyone else who cares to share their experiences of openly wearing the Church of Satan Baphomet?

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#391117 - 08/10/09 01:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I used to wear my Baphomet out in the open when I first started getting into Satanism but now I don't even feel the need to wear it anymore.

To me, it really doesn't matter if you wear a CoS Baphomet or a medallion with Bob Marley's face on it. All that matters is what you're doing in the real world. You know, being successful and shit.

Nowadays I wear a "bling bling" cross with diamonds in it. It doesn't make me less Satanic. It actually makes me even more Satanic because I can afford such a thing. coopdevil

#391156 - 08/10/09 09:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: mb_goatis]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: mb_goatis
As HereticPrincess2 does, I too normally wear a Crux Satanas instead of my Baphomet.

A remarkable symbol indeed. Have you seen the pendant released and crafted by Magister Lang?

29 February, XLIII A.S. - Satanic News On The March

Originally Posted By: mb_goatis
I still feel that I am portraying my Satanic philosophies to those in the know, while most other people see it as a unfimiliar symbol and ignore it entirely.

I have met with a Satanist (Also a CoS Citizen) who wore no jewelery. His words and actions spoke more about him than any certain type of ornamentation would have. I view it as a personal choice of aesthetics, and what the symbol means in the selfish heart of he who wears it (In view or not). No matter what you hang around your neck or stick to your lapel, in the end it will be the choices you make that defines you.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#391168 - 08/11/09 12:33 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: John Prophet]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: John Prophet

It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?

People wonder about me all the time. smile And I LOVE it.

#391188 - 08/11/09 08:03 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
malmensa Offline

I am thinking a Blaphomet & Mensa symbol together would be a nice symbiosis. Anything to distance myself from the Soylent Green sheep of humanity.

#391209 - 08/11/09 01:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: zodiac]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
To whomever said that it would be reckless for me to do so...I know it does seem reckless and maybe I was overreacting about what would happen. I just have no clue, and don't want to find out. They've threatened to throw away stuff before (and have done so thankfully not to anything of mine related to Satanism). They're just a couple of Christians who freak out at every little thing that "isn't of their faith" or whatever. I try and deal with them as calmly as I can.

Edited by HereticPrincess2 (08/11/09 01:32 PM)
Edit Reason: I forgot who I was replying to...oops!

#391268 - 08/11/09 10:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
ribbit Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I am mindful though of where I go about wearing it. I certainly don't openly wear it when I'm at the office, or visiting prudish relatives. But I don't fear wearing it in public.

Heavy Metal concert, sure.
Westboro Baptist Church, not so much.
Soldiers for Christ meeting? Only if you have a really big pair and heavy weaponry.

Edited by ribbit (08/11/09 10:29 PM)

#391269 - 08/11/09 10:34 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: John Prophet]
Lust Offline

I say keep 'em guessing. I am reminded of the movie Speak of the Devil: The Canon of Anton LaVey. (From Memory) In one scene Doktor LaVey states that when requested for an interview he would dress in a nice suit and hold the interview in a room very basic in design. When they came expecting him in horns and dark atmosphere, well, I can just imagine the good laugh that Doktor LaVey had during and after.

"It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6FiOu9hzo

Follow the link above and be the judge. If I am out meeting with clients you can expect to see me in a suit (Medallion tucked beneath). Around town or a day at the office = my attire in the video the link will take you.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#391293 - 08/12/09 08:39 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

Follow the link above and be the judge.

I’d say yes. Your appearance, as well as other aesthetic choices you’ve made, are definitely congruent with the element of wonder. It’s very understandable that wearing the Baphomet would work for you.

Though actually, that last question in that post I made was meant to be a suggestion for something that everyone should ask themselves (but seeing as how you already have, and your answer was yes; then I suppose that was a bit pointless that in your case).

“I say keep 'em guessing.”
It could be argued that, in a way, this is an application of the element of wonder, in and of itself.

#391319 - 08/12/09 11:19 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: ribbit]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: ribbit

Heavy Metal concert, sure.
Westboro Baptist Church, not so much.
Soldiers for Christ meeting? Only if you have a really big pair and heavy weaponry.

Why in the fuck would I go to any church or any christian affiliated function? Regardless – I do have a HUGE pair AND heavy weaponry…

INDEED – I have used the element of wonder with my appearance for at least 20 years. My personal experience is that when people do notice my appearance and/or Baphomet, they usually display an expression of wonder and don’t even comment or ask questions.

I will ask again:

Is there anyone else who cares to share their experiences of openly wearing the Church of Satan Baphomet?

Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#391321 - 08/12/09 11:23 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
Seems like we're in the minority when it comes to being open about our beliefs. smile

#391324 - 08/12/09 11:30 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Amberpocalypse
Seems like we're in the minority when it comes to being open about our beliefs. smile

I'm beginning to get the same impression. I'm not going to hide or lie about it. Those in public who have issues with it - can turn and go their own way, or if they choose to bother me, they will be asked to stop. If they refuse to, well... we ALL know what happens next.

Hail Satan!

#391330 - 08/12/09 12:11 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"If they refuse to, well... we ALL know what happens next."

You get beat up because there were more of them than of you?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements