Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#390206 - 08/03/09 02:49 PM Solipsism?
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
For three months, I have been proudly and openly wearing the Baphomet medallion that I ordered from the CoS Emporium. Yesterday – I went into a local convenience store to purchase some items, and had the following exchange of dialog:

Clerk: “What’s that symbol on your necklace stand for?”
Me: “It is the symbol of those who follow the philosophy laid down by Anton Szandor Lavey.”
Clerk: “And he would be?”
Me: “The founder of the Church of Satan.”
Clerk: (shakes her head and looks away)
Me: (gather my goods - walk towards the door - while exiting the building I hear)
Clerk: “God bless you.”
Me: (grin and walk away)

Hmmm… God bless me for being a Satanist. I love it.

This is the first time that anyone has questioned me about it. I have been wondering how I would respond if someone questioned me about my medallion, and had already planned what I would say. I never thought I would receive the response that I did. Hilarious!

The experience did make me wonder though – if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism? Obviously – there are many who are far less attuned than us, and perhaps they aren’t ready or willing to be exposed to our way of life.

On the other hand, I feel that I have just as much right to openly live as a Satanist as anyone else has the right to openly live as Raelian, Branch Davidian, Rastafarian, “Jehovah Wiccan”, or whatever else they want to be. I’m not trying to “win souls to The Devil” by displaying the Sigil of Baphomet. My intent is to wear the symbol of my beliefs, and when questioned about it – attempt to dispel misinformation about Satanism to those who are willing to hear.

Not everyone chooses to make their beliefs public, but I am curious how those who choose to openly live as Satanists handle the initial questions? Perhaps I should respond to those who ask about my medallion, “If you don’t already know, you probably aren’t ready to hear it, and if you’re curious, you can look it up.”

Input and thoughts are appreciated.

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#390207 - 08/03/09 03:08 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Many years ago, before my frontal lobe finished developing, I had a tattoo of a Baphomet on my forearm. I actually had it put there for rather juvenile reasons, and it was before I ever read The Satanic Bible.

Once I finally read it I felt kind of silly having this tattoo because of the negative reaction I got when I would explain to enquiring minds its meaning. I eventually discovered that the best and perhaps most amusing reactions I got was when someone would ask me what it meant, and I would simply smile and say "it's a secret", then I'd wink and walk away.

I recently had it removed with laser treatment, and I get much more positive reactions from people now.

Edited by JEHJr (08/03/09 03:09 PM)

#390211 - 08/03/09 03:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The experience did make me wonder though – if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism?

It's one thing to display pride in your religion, but quite another to expect others to accept your decision to do so.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#390216 - 08/03/09 04:15 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I wear a Baphomet, but I do so *under* my clothes.

As a teenager, I wore it out, and while I never received any strongly negative reactions, I did receive a few just-plain annoying ones, mostly in the form of really stupid questions (e.g., "Are you Jewish?" "Are you Wiccan?")

At this point, I just think it's better to be safe than sorry. Besides, it's much more entertaining (at least for me) to actually make people work a little harder to figure you out wink .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#390217 - 08/03/09 04:43 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TrojZyr]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
As I see it, the best reason to wear a Baphomet pin or necklace isn't to inspire questions, it isn't to repel or offend the people who will object to seeing it, but to attract those who you might not otherwise know you were looking for.

#390220 - 08/03/09 05:11 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Delta]
Zsche Offline

Well said Delta.

Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#390222 - 08/03/09 05:27 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Thanks, and my apologies for putting that on a quick response to TrojZyr, it was more of a general musing directed at whoever might care to read it.

#390224 - 08/03/09 05:57 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Delta]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

You are quite right, Delta---and, when I seriously think I might "get a bite," I might bring out my Baphomet and "go fishing." I tend to do this more in environments where strange, random, and occultic symbols are already legion, and are generally being invoked in ignorance and playfulness.

But, even then, it's very likely you'll have to sift through some wannabes and weirdos to find any gold, so you have to be in a ready, willing, and lighthearted mood.

#390231 - 08/03/09 06:24 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Delta]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Delta
As I see it, the best reason to wear a Baphomet pin or necklace isn't to inspire questions, it isn't to repel or offend the people who will object to seeing it, but to attract those who you might not otherwise know you were looking for.

I will admit that I have actually thought about what my reaction would be if I were to run into someone who wore a Baphomet...or who allowed the Red Card to fall out of their wallet. Would I introduce myself as a Citizen?

As odd as this may sound, the answer is probably no. Though I may appear somewhat friendly and sociable, the truth is, I am picky about who I relate to, beyond a surface level. The qualities I look for may or may not be found in an individual Satanist. Nor does being a Satanist...genuine or questionable guarantee that I would want anything to do with that person.

For me, wearing a Baphomet in a way that conspicuous would bring unwanted attention from someone who thought that it would automatically mean we could be buds.

As with everything else...this is simply MY way of doing things. To each their own...individuality...and all that stuff.

Edited by Roho_the_Rooster (08/03/09 06:26 PM)
Edit Reason: Individuality in all save spelling and grammar.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#390236 - 08/03/09 06:45 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

In addition to Roho's excellent response I'd say that there are much easier and more productive ways to go about who is a Satanist. As far as I have heard the Church of Satan has a CABAL and occasionally allows specific members to network with one another.

#390240 - 08/03/09 07:10 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Originally Posted By: Nibas
The experience did make me wonder though – if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism?

In North Carolina? I would consider it a form of suicide.

#390241 - 08/03/09 07:11 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Unknown]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
I myself am both open and closed. I have tattoos that are unquestionably Satanic in nature, and I have a few pieces of Baphomet jewelry and clothing. However, I do not expose my tattoos or don the clothing unless I am in ritual or going to a place where I know it will not be an issue. I am not a "closet" Satanist, but I let people make their own assumptions and attempt to occasionally make their assumptions for them. If one of my tattoos or a piece of jewelry were to be exposed around someone that I don't think would "get it" then I would simply LIE about its meaning. Lesser Magic is the key when debating on flaunting your religion or not.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#390245 - 08/03/09 07:25 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
As I see it, I am not sure this is a question of solipsism but a question of common sense. As so many others have eloquently stated wearing a Baphomet in public can cause unwanted attention. I certainly understand the desire to take pride in one’s religion but I guess the question is at what price? Unfortunately, there are those that will most certainly discriminate against you in one form or another. Wear your pride internally you know you are a Satanist and the rest of the world need not be privy to that unless you want them to. Giving them that knowledge in certain situations can give them power over you which is never a good thing.

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#390266 - 08/03/09 09:23 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Quote:

As Zodiac mentioned, I don't think it's really a matter of solipsism either (unless you're expecting to be treated with respect and courtesy, when in reality the herd will likely not give you that once they know what the symbol means).

Quote:
On the other hand, I feel that I have just as much right to openly live as a Satanist as anyone else has the right to openly live as Raelian, Branch Davidian, Rastafarian, “Jehovah Wiccan”, or whatever else they want to be.

'Rights' are empty assumptions that sometimes don't garauntee anything in reality. E.g. it's your 'right' to walk out in public without being attacked, but that won't give you a garauntee that it will never happen, so learn to defend yourself. No matter what your 'rights' are, if you see things as they really are you won't end up disappointed when reality comes knocking.

Quote:
I’m not trying to “win souls to The Devil” by displaying the Sigil of Baphomet. My intent is to wear the symbol of my beliefs, and when questioned about it – attempt to dispel misinformation about Satanism to those who are willing to hear.

If you're wearing it openly your intent would seem to be to attract attention to it. As long as you genuinely want this (likely negative) attention, it's fine to pursue it. Realise though that displaying it publically can often work against you. If however you're using it for your Lesser magic to enhance your chosen image it can make your influence more potent. It guess the bottom line is just to be honest with yourself in what you're really trying to achieve, and see if your actions back it up.

When one first reads the Satanic Bible it can fill you with such pride, you may feel like shouting it from rooftops (at first). But truly being a Satanist is to get on with it and live as one, and shouting it from rooftops may cause people to throw things at you wink

Quote:
Not everyone chooses to make their beliefs public, but I am curious how those who choose to openly live as Satanists handle the initial questions? Perhaps I should respond to those who ask about my medallion, “If you don’t already know, you probably aren’t ready to hear it, and if you’re curious, you can look it up.”

I rarely wear mine publically, but when asked my response varies depending on who's asking and what mood I'm in. If they're genuinely interested and I feel like talking I might tell them the truth. If they're frightened sheep I'll probably lie because I generally don't want anything more to do with them.

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#390268 - 08/03/09 09:28 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: HereticPrincess2]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:
My dad and step mom constantly ask me what the Baphomet is and I just don't tell them. I don't assume them to be "just curious" about them....if I were to tell, they'd probably be physically ripped off of my neck.

I certainly mean no disrespect but that seems somewhat reckless but to each their own.
wink

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#390283 - 08/03/09 10:33 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

That is a very good point, Roho.

And, offhand, I can recall two times in my own life where I didn't identify myself to another self-identified Satanist, because I wanted to test the waters first, wanted to err on the side of protecting my privacy, and, honestly, wanted to see if they could figure me out all on their own wink.

#390286 - 08/03/09 10:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
For three months, I have been proudly and openly wearing the Baphomet medallion that I ordered from the CoS Emporium. Yesterday – I went into a local convenience store to purchase some items, and had the following exchange of dialog:

Clerk: “What’s that symbol on your necklace stand for?”
Me: “It is the symbol of those who follow the philosophy laid down by Anton Szandor Lavey.”
Clerk: “And he would be?”
Me: “The founder of the Church of Satan.”
Clerk: (shakes her head and looks away)
Me: (gather my goods - walk towards the door - while exiting the building I hear)
Clerk: “God bless you.”
Me: (grin and walk away)

Hmmm… God bless me for being a Satanist. I love it.

This is the first time that anyone has questioned me about it. I have been wondering how I would respond if someone questioned me about my medallion, and had already planned what I would say. I never thought I would receive the response that I did. Hilarious!

The experience did make me wonder though – if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism? Obviously – there are many who are far less attuned than us, and perhaps they aren’t ready or willing to be exposed to our way of life.

On the other hand, I feel that I have just as much right to openly live as a Satanist as anyone else has the right to openly live as Raelian, Branch Davidian, Rastafarian, “Jehovah Wiccan”, or whatever else they want to be. I’m not trying to “win souls to The Devil” by displaying the Sigil of Baphomet. My intent is to wear the symbol of my beliefs, and when questioned about it – attempt to dispel misinformation about Satanism to those who are willing to hear.

Input and thoughts are appreciated.

Hail Satan!

You seem like a decent guy. I'm not going to pussyfoot around or pull any punches. It might come off as sounding "mean" but these are just my opinions.

Hey, you asked for them.

I don't think it has anything to do with being "attuned". You live in what is essentially a society which believes it is based on "Christian values". To expect people to know or care about a tongue-in-cheek religion like Satanism IS direct solipsism, for sure. Most people don't even pick up anything but the fucking TV guide, so they certainly haven't read and attempted to absorb the Satanic Bible.

If you haven't read The Satanic Scriptures, I suggest doing so. It's fine to want to spread "awareness" of Satanism, but is there really a point? Most people won't understand the facts if you lay them out anyways, or wouldn't believe you. The best way to prove that Satanists aren't a bunch of devil worshiping shit-mongers is to live in a practical way, accomplish your goals, and "be all that you can be." The Satanic Scriptures says it all.

The people who spend their time dispelling myths have the experience and the knowledge and the knowhow to make them capable of doing so. These individuals are generally a part of the Priesthood. Most people here would not be doing the CoS any favors by fumbling in their attempts to paint Satanism in a positive light, myself included. I have seen many instances where members tried to do so, on TV etc, and failed miserably. They were scorned for it, not praised. And rightfully so.

It's your choice if you want to advertise your religion, but you need to ask yourself what is in it for YOU. If it's good cheeky fun, and you are a smooth son of a bitch who can get away with it, good on you. Magister Mitchell, the Sinister Minister is a prime example of someone who can literally get away with wearing his religion on his lapel without any interference. Try wearing one of those things to the construction yard, or to the office, and see how people react if you are not cool enough to calm them down.

I keep it a secret because honestly, talking about religion with people I don't know, and having to explain what Satanism is all the time is enough to make me want to puke. It's boring, it's pointless, and I have better things to do with my time. Satanism is a thing in my life which I love and respect very much, and at one time I was very proud and excited, and felt the need to talk about my discovery. I quickly learned why this is a bad idea, so I shut my mouth. I am not ashamed of my affiliation, and I don't go to great lengths to hide it, I just don't bring it up. When people ask about it, IF they find out, I just act dismissive. If they persist, I give them the sources and lead them on their marry way.

How YOU deal with these things is up to YOU. But if it is not in your best interest to do so, DON'T! Ain't nobody payin' you, after all.

#390299 - 08/03/09 11:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US

This is the first time that anyone has questioned me about it.

You must live near the cities in the eastern part of the state, It's pretty risky in the country to do such.

My intent is to wear the symbol of my beliefs

The way I see it, you can either wear your religion, or you can act it. It's much like the people who are covered in tattoos, they have a desire to show off the person they are on the outside, but the more intriguing people are the ones that you have to dig to figure out who they are.

when questioned about it – attempt to dispel misinformation about Satanism to those who are willing to hear.

This is always a 50/50 situation. a small percentage of people are willing to learn new things but a vast majority will stick to what they have known. I wouldn't rely on meeting people that fall into the former, especially in the south.

My advice is not to provoke, especially with people who could make your life harder. Of course, I'm not saying that it's hard to be a Satanist in the deep south, it's just best to be smart about things. I know some old country gentlemen that would whoop your ass in a heartbeat just for saying that you don't believe in god.

Step lightly.

Edited by Wolf Landon (08/03/09 11:48 PM)

#390311 - 08/04/09 01:54 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I tend to agree, in part, with most of the posts in this thread.

There are times when it might be wise to cover my Baphomet. There are other times I let it show.

I wear the small black Sigil that I purchased from CoS Emporium and the white one issued with my Crimson Card. As well as a sterling silver "stylized" one that I bought at a shop last week.
When asked, I often give the response,"If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand."

Recently, though, there have been several people who have at least heard of Herr Doktor. They often seem to think that by mentioning his name, they can open me up for discussion. But, when I ask them, "What do you know of Dr. La Vey?" They give what I call a "christian inspired" version of the media stories they've heard or read.

If they ask for more in-depth discussion, I point them to the Church of Satan website, and end the conversation.

One guy went so far as to say,"You seem to flaunt your beliefs. Are you sure people really want to see that stuff in public?"
I told him that I don't flaunt it as much as he did with his Ozzy-sized cross. And told him that "...not everyone in the world wants to see that stuff either."
"christians don't object!"
"Contrary to your beliefs, the whole world ISN'T christian."
And I walked away.

#390356 - 08/04/09 09:06 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Old_Pig

I am not afraid. I have openly lived as NON-christian in North Carolina since I was 23 - which was 19 3/4 years ago. As younger, much less informed person who hadn't read The Satanic Bible, I identified myself with wiccan groups and openly wore an upright pentacle for 10 years. I have been verbally attacked, shunned, interrogated, and have always been able to stand up for myself. The fact is - I really don't give a fuck if my beliefs offend anyone, just as most other religions teach their herd to not give a fuck. - They can turn and walk away just as easily as I can, or attempt to take it to the next level if they wish.

Originally Posted By: 2faced_babydoll

As Zodiac mentioned, I don't think it's really a matter of solipsism either (unless you're expecting to be treated with respect and courtesy, when in reality the herd will likely not give you that once they know what the symbol means).

'Rights' are empty assumptions that sometimes don't garauntee anything in reality. E.g. it's your 'right' to walk out in public without being attacked, but that won't give you a garauntee that it will never happen, so learn to defend yourself. No matter what your 'rights' are, if you see things as they really are you won't end up disappointed when reality comes knocking.

I suppose that my expectations are to be able to exercise my First Amendment rights as a law-abiding citizen of the United States, just as any other individual. Defending myself is not an issue as you can see from my avatar. I'm not under the assumption that everyone is ready to hear about and accept Satanism as a respected religion, so I am not disappointed when they do not.

Originally Posted By: 2faced_babydoll

If you're wearing it openly your intent would seem to be to attract attention to it. As long as you genuinely want this (likely negative) attention, it's fine to pursue it. Realise though that displaying it publically can often work against you. If however you're using it for your Lesser magic to enhance your chosen image it can make your influence more potent. It guess the bottom line is just to be honest with yourself in what you're really trying to achieve, and see if your actions back it up.

When one first reads the Satanic Bible it can fill you with such pride, you may feel like shouting it from rooftops (at first). But truly being a Satanist is to get on with it and live as one, and shouting it from rooftops may cause people to throw things at you wink

Very wise observation. I never really explored this, but perhaps my intent is indeed to attract attention to myself. I find that I revel and thrive on attention. My image is already quite noticeable, and displaying my Baphomet probably does increase my influence. Thank you very much for your input.

Originally Posted By: Phosis

You seem like a decent guy.

Isn't that what they say about people who have dozens of half-eaten bodies stored in freezers in their basements?

I'm not going to pussyfoot around or pull any punches. It might come off as sounding "mean" but these are just my opinions.

Hey, you asked for them.

Indeed. And honesty is what I expect.

I don't think it has anything to do with being "attuned". You live in what is essentially a society which believes it is based on "Christian values". To expect people to know or care about a tongue-in-cheek religion like Satanism IS direct solipsism, for sure. Most people don't even pick up anything but the fucking TV guide, so they certainly haven't read and attempted to absorb the Satanic Bible.

If you haven't read The Satanic Scriptures, I suggest doing so. It's fine to want to spread "awareness" of Satanism, but is there really a point? Most people won't understand the facts if you lay them out anyways, or wouldn't believe you. The best way to prove that Satanists aren't a bunch of devil worshiping shit-mongers is to live in a practical way, accomplish your goals, and "be all that you can be." The Satanic Scriptures says it all.

I appreciate you answering my original question about solipsism. Agreed. Also - I am almost finished with The Satanic Scriptures, and find it hard to put it down. I like Magus Gilmore's writing style and the way he conveys his wisdom.

The people who spend their time dispelling myths have the experience and the knowledge and the knowhow to make them capable of doing so. These individuals are generally a part of the Priesthood. Most people here would not be doing the CoS any favors by fumbling in their attempts to paint Satanism in a positive light, myself included. I have seen many instances where members tried to do so, on TV etc, and failed miserably. They were scorned for it, not praised. And rightfully so.

It's your choice if you want to advertise your religion, but you need to ask yourself what is in it for YOU. If it's good cheeky fun, and you are a smooth son of a bitch who can get away with it, good on you. Magister Mitchell, the Sinister Minister is a prime example of someone who can literally get away with wearing his religion on his lapel without any interference. Try wearing one of those things to the construction yard, or to the office, and see how people react if you are not cool enough to calm them down.

Thank you. I have never attempted to speak on behalf of the Church of Satan, only as an individual who identifies themselves as a Satanist. I'm not on a crusade to change the world, but then again, it is “good cheeky fun” to me, and I feel confident in standing up for what I believe in.

I keep it a secret because honestly, talking about religion with people I don't know, and having to explain what Satanism is all the time is enough to make me want to puke. It's boring, it's pointless, and I have better things to do with my time. Satanism is a thing in my life which I love and respect very much, and at one time I was very proud and excited, and felt the need to talk about my discovery. I quickly learned why this is a bad idea, so I shut my mouth. I am not ashamed of my affiliation, and I don't go to great lengths to hide it, I just don't bring it up. When people ask about it, IF they find out, I just act dismissive. If they persist, I give them the sources and lead them on their marry way.

How YOU deal with these things is up to YOU. But if it is not in your best interest to do so, DON'T! Ain't nobody payin' you, after all.

Thank you again Phosis for your insight. I see it as personal choice, and talking about religion/philosophy with those who are willing to participate with an open mind is something that I find interesting. For the others - I will simply respond with "If you don't already know, you probably aren't ready to hear it, and you can find more information on it if you choose to do so."

Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon

You must live near the cities in the eastern part of the state, It's pretty risky in the country to do such.

I live in the country in the North-Western part of the state - with a church practically every half-mile. It has taken years and countless visits by “witnesses” at my current address for the local churches to be informed that if a member of their congregations step foot on my property again, they will be arrested for trespassing.

Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon

I know some old country gentlemen that would whoop your ass in a heartbeat just for saying that you don't believe in god.

Step lightly.

I am a law-abiding citizen, licensed to carry a concealed weapon, adept in the legal use of deadly force. More often than not – I am carrying a .45 with one in the pipe and two extra magazines. Any old country gentlemen who have intentions on causing me or my family bodily injury should arrive wearing body armor with a Kevlar helmet and face mask, as head shots are what I practice. I step lightly – but carry a big “stick”.

Originally Posted By: DCLXVI
I tend to agree, in part, with most of the posts in this thread.

There are times when it might be wise to cover my Baphomet. There are other times I let it show.

Agreed – Example: “When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.”

Originally Posted By: DCLXVI

One guy went so far as to say,"You seem to flaunt your beliefs. Are you sure people really want to see that stuff in public?"
I told him that I don't flaunt it as much as he did with his Ozzy-sized cross. And told him that "...not everyone in the world wants to see that stuff either."

My point exactly. I have just as much right to display the Sigil of Baphomet as they have the right to display the symbol of human blood sacrifice that their god demanded for payment of their sins…

I suppose my original post was mainly directed at receiving responses from those who choose to live openly as Satanists. I choose to. Whatever repercussions or rewards that I experience – I bring upon myself. So be it. I intend to stand up for what I believe in, and reject the herd mentality. I choose not to hide or lie about it. Is that not what Anton LaVey did?

Hail Satan!

#390358 - 08/04/09 09:13 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: HereticPrincess2]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Deluded.

Although that may be because something between their ears has been diluted smile.

#390362 - 08/04/09 09:31 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
inky Offline

I live my life everyday as a Satanist.

However, advertising it raises more questions than I'm willing to answer, especially considering the fact that I'm not a social butterfly.

The funny part is that if and when I choose to tell somebody, there's a question or two but in the end, they're really not surprised.

#390366 - 08/04/09 10:19 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Zsche Offline

I would like to thank the moderators for removing posts which were off the original subject.

Much appreciation.

Hail Satan!

#390377 - 08/04/09 12:20 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Quote:
I am a law-abiding citizen, licensed to carry a concealed weapon, adept in the legal use of deadly force. More often than not – I am carrying a .45 with one in the pipe and two extra magazines. Any old country gentlemen who have intentions on causing me or my family bodily injury should arrive wearing body armor with a Kevlar helmet and face mask, as head shots are what I practice. I step lightly – but carry a big “stick”.

wink

Damn right; I'm all about the bullet.

The thing is though, I can’t recall ever actually being physically threatened because of my beliefs. I live in Georgia and in a town that worships Jesus and football (in the opposite order, usually) and I’ve been in discussions with some of the redneckiest (new word) people and at the very worst they became very superstitious of me, at best they greeted me with an exagerated smile and nervous laughter.

The problem I experienced with being too open and even a bit ostentatious with my beliefs is that it becomes a liability when it comes to getting a job and being perceived as a professional. Now, I’m not suggesting that there aren’t crazy people out there who are capable of attacking. I just think that if someone is being physically threatened because of their beliefs then they most certainly must be acting like a total douche bag, perhaps trying to purposely get a rise out of people.

#390395 - 08/04/09 01:47 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Rodim Offline

It's not about having the right as anyone else to expose your religion to the public, but its a question of reaction.

And since the public dont really take it so kindly towards people involved with "Satan" so to speak.

They misunderstand and get confused and some might even rage out. You cant predict the attention your about to get.

It's always wiser to stay low-profile, besides even if your motives weren't to attract people to your medallion why would you want to engage anyone in the first place?

There's no benefit in it, well only if you accidentally stumble upon another satanist while riding the buss or something then yeah but chances are its unlikely.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#390405 - 08/04/09 02:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Rodim]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Rodim

There's no benefit in it, well only if you accidentally stumble upon another satanist while riding the buss or something then yeah but chances are its unlikely.

Upon what experience do you base your opinion of “There’s no benefit in it”? Have you openly displayed the symbol of the Church of Satan and been questioned about it?

As stated in my original post:

Not everyone chooses to make their beliefs public, but I am curious how those who choose to openly live as Satanists handle the initial questions?

And reiterated in another:

I suppose my original post was mainly directed at receiving responses from those who choose to live openly as Satanists. I choose to.

This is not a question about “whether” I should openly display my medallion. Perhaps I should rephrase my question.

Am I the only one who chooses to openly live as a Satanist?

#390419 - 08/04/09 04:03 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Am I the only one who chooses to openly live as a Satanist?

Of course you are not. The decision should be based on whether being open about affiliation is going to negatively impact the quality of your life, your ability to earn a living, ect.

It would be devastating for some members to splash the information around, it would compromise their jobs and affect their families. Others live a lifestyle that enables them to be as open about it as they would like.

It's a personal decision, and the open Satanist is no more a Satanist than those that choose to keep it private. After all, Satanism doesn't require martyrs. wink

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#390423 - 08/04/09 04:14 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bruja]
Zsche Offline

Thank you for the response Bruja -

I completely understand that it is a personal decision and that there are some who would be unable to be open about it given their personal situations.

Agreed - Open or Private does not make you more or less of a Satanist.

I would like to hear from those who choose to live openly, if they are willing to share their experiences.

Hail Satan!

#390424 - 08/04/09 04:14 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Out of personal experience, I get more out of hiding it than I do out of sharing it.

I feel like it really is my own little secret...the same way someone might feel as if they discovered a band that no one has heard of. Spread the word around, and you will find monkeys you hate who love it as well, and who have now effectively ruined your fun.

I like knowing that nobody would EXPECT it of me. Nibas, you seem to like the attention, and that is perfectly fine. There are some pretty stern misanthropes here however, who don't like to deal with people. Wearing the sign of the devil around their necks is not a good way to remain incognito. I'm happiest when I am being left completely and utterly alone, and this type of self-inflicted isolation actually earns me more respect and love than I could ever want. People really genuinely LIKE me, and seem to want to be around me, because I don't yap on about shit.

This doesn't work for my benefit, I just find it funny how so many people try SO HARD to be liked and noticed. However, the people who don't WANT to be are often the most bothered.

#390434 - 08/04/09 04:41 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Zsche Offline

Thank you for your input Phosis.

Agreed - not everyone thrives off of the same type of energy.

Me - crowds of people and meeting new individuals seem to be my thing.

Those who like me - genuinely do like me, as I really am a nice guy who attempts to be responsible to the responsible. Those who don't like me - or choose to judge me by my appearance (wearing Baphomet or not) can go fuck themselves.

I'm happy with my life and who I am. I'm not seeking approval from anyone.

#390438 - 08/04/09 04:55 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Good stuff. Then, you know all you need to.

#390447 - 08/04/09 05:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Zsche Offline

I strive to learn more every day. The person who doesn't need to know more is someone I wish to stay away from.

#390448 - 08/04/09 05:50 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

I strive to learn more every day. The person who doesn't need to know more is someone I wish to stay away from.

Er...I meant about this issue.

But yeah.

Totally.

#390647 - 08/05/09 07:30 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Hedonist Offline

I keep it a secret because honestly, talking about religion with people I don't know, and having to explain what Satanism is all the time is enough to make me want to puke. It's boring, it's pointless, and I have better things to do with my time.

This sums up my own thoughts on the subject very succinctly.

I don't wear a baphomet pendant at all actually. My style of dress is almost always very neat and expensive casual with a fair amount of black (aka the 'Black Suit' article in Bearing the Devils Mark). But no obvious Satanic paraphenalia is visible and I do not have tattoos..

I've found that keeping my Satanic belief to myself is like charging a 'lesser magic battery' - and letting people know about it - at least in 95% of cases - makes the battery go flat...

Plus, having a sinister secret is kind of fun! coopdevil

HS!

#390653 - 08/05/09 07:53 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
I live openly as a Satanist. I got pentagrams tattooed on my elbows a few years ago, even though I knew living in Arizona they wouldn't be covered most of the time. Every so often, I almost regretted getting them. But, I've learned to lie if it seems fitting. I work in retail, and I simply gauge what the questioner looks like before answering. If they're a "mom type" or older, or if they're pretty young, I tell 'em "I just like stars". It sounds really dumb, I know. I also have "evil" tattooed in Japanese kanji above one of the pentagrams, but if the person asking doesn't seem like they'll understand, I'll tell them it says "live". Again, sounds lame to have a tattoo that says "live". But it's better than feeling lesser to a righteous christian (in their eyes, that is).
I was on the bus one day, and an older gentleman who looked drunk stared at me for awhile (I had my baphomet necklace on as well). He then asked me what my elbow tattoos meant, and I said they're stars. He THEN asked if I knew WHAT they meant, seemed like he was trying to rile me up. I smiled and said yes, I know exactly what they mean but there's a time, place, and proper people to discuss such matters with, and this was none of those. He shook his head and said "god bless" when he disembarked the bus.
At first, I was kind of scared to show my Satanism in public, not knowing what the proper answer would be to questions. Now, I revel in it. We have the right to wear our "religious" decor, as much as the next christian, wiccan, or Jew, to echo someone else's sentiment.

#390682 - 08/06/09 01:06 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Amberpocalypse
I tell 'em "I just like stars". It sounds really dumb, I know. I also have "evil" tattooed in Japanese kanji above one of the pentagrams, but if the person asking doesn't seem like they'll understand, I'll tell them it says "live".

I think it's cute. smile
Maybe it can appear dumb to you, but to most of people would appear dumber if you fetched out the Satanism card, for they probably wouldn't understand anything of it and would fall into biased conclusions. The words you give them are the simple explanation and spare you from fruitless discussions.

#390697 - 08/06/09 04:48 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA

No, I wouldn't go so far as to say that merely wearing the Sigil openly is, in and of itself, an act of solipsism. If however you were to wear it, get a negative reaction from somebody in public, and then get all huffy over the fact that this person was an irrational moron...that would be a different story.

Personally, I haven't gotten too many negative reactions from wearing one of my Sigil necklaces. Most observers probably just dismiss it as some kind of heavy metal band kitsch, or even something Wiccan. But I've had some people who were very mature and sincere in asking me what it stood for, then listened as I politely ran down Satanism 101 for them, and they thanked me as they left holding a piece of paper on which I wrote "churchofsatan.com" for them. Nothing harmful about that!

I am mindful though of where I go about wearing it. I certainly don't openly wear it when I'm at the office, or visiting prudish relatives. But I don't fear wearing it in public.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#390721 - 08/06/09 10:30 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Zsche Offline

I live openly as a Satanist. I got pentagrams tattooed on my elbows a few years ago, even though I knew living in Arizona they wouldn't be covered most of the time.

I too have pentacle tattoos on both arms. Usually, they aren’t openly displayed unless my shirt is off - such as at the beach, working in the sun, or in the pool.

When questioned in the past about what they mean – and I have “sensed” that the person was not open to hearing the truth, instead of lying - I tell them that the symbol was used by Pythagoras and his students (which is evidently true). I also mention that the symbols are used by various spiritual groups which are earth and nature based. Typically, this is enough to satisfy the curiosity of herd types.

We have the right to wear our "religious" decor, as much as the next christian, wiccan, or Jew, to echo someone else's sentiment.

Agreed – and my point exactly. Thank you very much for your response and input.

Hail Satan!

#390722 - 08/06/09 10:46 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
No, I wouldn't go so far as to say that merely wearing the Sigil openly is, in and of itself, an act of solipsism. If however you were to wear it, get a negative reaction from somebody in public, and then get all huffy over the fact that this person was an irrational moron...that would be a different story.

Thank you for the response and clarification Reverend. Very much appreciated. I agree with you – that acting irrational with someone irrational is pointless. I receive negative reactions from many in public already as most herd types judge books by their covers. This being the case – it works to my advantage, as I prefer to not associate with those who are so closed-minded.

Personally, I haven't gotten too many negative reactions from wearing one of my Sigil necklaces. Most observers probably just dismiss it as some kind of heavy metal band kitsch, or even something Wiccan. But I've had some people who were very mature and sincere in asking me what it stood for, then listened as I politely ran down Satanism 101 for them, and they thanked me as they left holding a piece of paper on which I wrote "churchofsatan.com" for them. Nothing harmful about that!

Agreed – I see several people notice, but they do not comment. I like the piece of paper idea… It almost makes me want to have business cards printed up with nothing at all but the URL http://www.churchofsatan.com/ to hand to people when questioned.

“If you really want to know, you can find the information here.” hand them the card then walk away.

I am mindful though of where I go about wearing it. I certainly don't openly wear it when I'm at the office, or visiting prudish relatives. But I don't fear wearing it in public.

I agree that there are places where it could be seen as inappropriate, or disrespectful. I see it as a personal choice to be open or private. I choose to be open, and feel justified in doing so.

Hail Satan!

#390730 - 08/06/09 11:54 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Blackspring Offline

Loc: London
I wear my Baphomet under my shirt every day and remove it each evening before bed. After I've showered in the morning, I put it back on. While I'm doing this mini ritual I set myself goals for the day and visualise how I will achieve them.

No one even knows I own a Baphomet - well, apart from you lot! wink

#390734 - 08/06/09 12:45 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Blackspring]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
I wear my Baphomet under my shirt every day and remove it each evening before bed. After I've showered in the morning, I put it back on. While I'm doing this mini ritual I set myself goals for the day and visualise how I will achieve them.

That's great. I do something similar, and find that those sort of "mini rituals" that I do on a daily basis energize me and put me in the mindset to be focused and productive.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#390745 - 08/06/09 01:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Lust Offline

"God is dead! Satan Lives!" - Roman Castevet

I made a decision to be my own God. I wear my Baphomet medallion openly every day of the week. I have been asked what it represents by a handful of people. Each person received a different answer. When I am out and about I am aware of my location and if need be will silently tuck the medallion under my shirt collar.

I also have the sigil of Baphomet tattooed on my left wrist. I adore this tattoo and would never consider removing it. I have found that the herd is quite stupid and would rather take someones word for what a symbol is/means rather take the time to research it.

I am currently on vacation at Myrtle Beach SC. I met a Jewish couple running a souvenir store on the first night here. They enjoyed translating the Hebrew and giving me their thoughts on Leviathan. One said a whale, the other a shark. The lady asked why I was wearing such a medallion. I smiled and said because I like it.

Solipsism = Assumptions or expectations of others to be on the same level as you.

On a side note. If the mythological Jesus Christ had been shot would his followers all wear bullets?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#390752 - 08/06/09 02:58 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
I am currently on vacation at Myrtle Beach SC. I met a Jewish couple running a souvenir store on the first night here. They enjoyed translating the Hebrew and giving me their thoughts on Leviathan. One said a whale, the other a shark. The lady asked why I was wearing such a medallion. I smiled and said because I like it.

Solipsism = Assumptions or expectations of others to be on the same level as you.

Thank you Tier Instinct for your input. It's interesting how different people see different things as the Jewish couple you met did. I think that as long as I don't have expectations that everyone who sees my Baphomet medallion will accept me for who and what I am, then wearing it openly is not a form of Solipsism. It depends totally upon my attitude and reactions.

On a side note. If the mythological Jesus Christ had been shot would his followers all wear bullets?

laugh Thank you again! I laughed my ass off when I read this.

#390753 - 08/06/09 03:26 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
I wear mine constantly (except when showering, its really old and I don't want the water/soap/etc to mess it up.

I always wear it outside of my shirts, its on a shorter chain so its not possible to tuck it into anything except sweaters.

I don't wear it out in the open to get a rise out of people or anything.

I also wear another necklace which can be found here: http://www.azuregreen.com/jewelry/amulets-and-talismans/confuse-defeat-enemy-amulet/aconene.html It is just plain silver though, no blue in it.

Both were given to me by my fiance.

#390765 - 08/06/09 05:04 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

If I may skew slightly off topic...

I don't wear a Baphomet necklace, that's purely because I don't wear a necklace. I dress very normally, jeans and a t-shirt most of the time, And what potentially offensive shirts I have I tend not to wear outside. I have however been verbally assaulted for being a satanist and a terrorist.

While visiting Israel my Dad got me an Israeli Coca-Cola shirt with the brand name in cursive Hebrew. Cursive Hebrew apparently looks a lot like Arabic to people in small-town Colorado. After shouting at me for a full five minutes at a post-office about how I killed Americans in Iraq and hated jesus, the guy let me get a word in edgewise in which I informed him that it was Hebrew, after which he regurgitated a difficult apology and told me I should be proud to be one of god's chosen people.

I was accused of being a Satanist over my avatar, which I use on DeviantArt as well as LttD. Though I had not yet courted controversy by posting my drawing "Abortion of the Baby Jesus" I was represented by this black and red inverse septagram shaped doodad and someone managed to mistake it for a Baphomet. Granted I designed it with the same aesthetic and it has a similar meaning (Representing a Satanist if not Satanism), I'm still surprised and amused that anyone could mistake it for a Baphomet, it's utterly lacking in goat heads.

My point is, idiots will always attack you for what they think you are. No matter what face you present to the public, someone will find something they don't like. One benefit of wearing a Baphomet necklace may be that they'll at least attack you for what you really are.

Even more off topic, I don't understand necklaces from a self-defense standpoint. If you're going to wear a symbol that people may hate you for, why wear it on a ready-made garrote?

#390773 - 08/06/09 06:55 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Originally Posted By: HereticPrincess2

I don't wear it out in the open to get a rise out of people or anything.

I also wear another necklace which can be found here: http://www.azuregreen.com/jewelry/amulets-and-talismans/confuse-defeat-enemy-amulet/aconene.html It is just plain silver though, no blue in it.

Both were given to me by my fiance.

I'm curious, why do you wear it out in the open then?
What does your fiance think you need protection from?
What does the combination of Brimstone and Eihwaz runes have to do with protecting you from harm?

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#390803 - 08/07/09 12:00 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

We have the right to wear our "religious" decor, as much as the next christian, wiccan, or Jew, to echo someone else's sentiment.

Agreed – and my point exactly. Thank you very much for your response and input.

Again, remember even though you do have the same 'right' to display your religion publically, realistically you will often NOT be treated with the same respect or courtesy as someone openly displaying a more common religion.

Yes you have the same 'rights', but they don't exactly count for much. Your 'rights' won't stop angry christians from e.g. vandalising your car to 'teach you a lesson'. To unrealistically expect a respect and courtesy that you specifically will probably not receive (because of displaying the Baphomet openly) would make you guilty of solipsism.

I'm not saying that you're expecting respect, but expecting to be treated with the same consideration (to publically display your religion without objection/interference) as the next public christian, jew or wiccan -simply because of your 'rights'- is about the same thing.

In a nutshell, as opposed to the common chrisitan wearing their cross openly (and still often being treated with respect), wearing the Baphomet publically can contrastingly be 'asking for it'. Many members here have stated that they have gotten by wearing it openly with no problems at all, and I'm not trying to make it out to be some huge risk, but realistically understanding and acknowledging how you effect people with your appearance is pretty important.

Originally Posted By: Bruja
Originally Posted By: Blackspring

That's great. I do something similar, and find that those sort of "mini rituals" that I do on a daily basis energize me and put me in the mindset to be focused and productive.

What a great idea. I don't wear mine enough, I might try this coopdevil

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#390818 - 08/07/09 01:16 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Babydoll]
Amberpocalypse Offline

VERY good point, Babydoll!! Thanks for the gentle reminder! smile

#390861 - 08/07/09 01:46 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

My girlfriend wrote this as an entry for her writing class project. I thought it may shed a little bit of light on the subject. This is posted with her permission.

The original purpose of my final project was to be able to openly state my opinions on anything I have been holding deep within me over the past several years due to a fear of scrutiny. I instead was able to bring forth emotions and interests that are both obvious and secretive since my 8th grade year, the most influential year of my life. I focus heavily in this year because without the events and emotions that took place, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. If I wasn’t insulted, bullied and ignored that year, I wouldn’t have grown stronger from such pain. It influenced my music, movies, artwork, personal education, socialization, and thoughts on life. Many people don’t know that my final year of grade school had such an impact on me or even that it bothered me knowing that I didn’t even exactly fit in with my friends in high school. A bigger topic- religion- is also focused on a lot as well. Though my religious preferences are not necessarily tied in with what has happened to me in school, I bring it up, because Satanism is not accepted very highly among the acquaintances I know. It is extremely misunderstood by millions so I find it best for my way of life to fly under the radar; I at least know that I am safe for the time being.
Now all of this is written in a journal composing of “Dear Diary” entries, poems, song lyrics, and lists. The entries are where I tell my stories while the poems and song lyrics relate to what I say in the entries previously. Most of the poems I have written during the times the mentioned emotions were felt or interests were most prominent. Besides my first song lyric, there is no specific order as to when the music was introduced into society, but they are all songs I enjoy and remind me of the events they follow. I find that this diary format was the best possible way of getting my information together. Most diaries are not meant to read. That is the way I have kept many of my thoughts and emotions since that fateful grade school year. When reading a diary, one knows that the information is the writer’s private thoughts. It gives the reader a sense of rebelliousness knowing that one shouldn’t know what is there. I am writing all of this as if I am never going to reveal any of it so I do not have to fear being scrutinized.
This relates to others by means of how it is presented as well as subject matter. Countless girls have owned diaries in which they have spilled hundreds of secrets, and everyone has at least something they wish for no one to know. They are confused about thinking a certain way, believing something they were not raised to believe, why they have a crush on someone but mustn’t reveal it, etc. People keep these things locked away in these diaries, poems, and songs, possibly for a very long time. At some point one will find out that someone else is out there thinking exactly the way they are, but would have never known if their secrets weren’t revealed to the other.
For the research I did, I had a brief interview with my mother to know what she did to see if she could help me when I was going through the worst of it in grade school. I also went through what poetry I have done (which is over 50 poems) to find the best ones that fit the mood of each entry. I have listened to the songs I know have influenced me and chose the ones that also have tied in with the passages the most. For the information about Satanism, I comprised an overview of information from the Satanic Bible as well as the lists of “sins”, rules, and statements from www.churchofsatan.com. It is a very helpful site for those still early in understanding all of its teachings.

#390864 - 08/07/09 02:30 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Unknown]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

That was very nice, thanks for sharing!
HS!
HP

#390896 - 08/07/09 09:37 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Babydoll]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Very well expressed! Thank you!

On "rights", I am always amused to think of the Miranda Warning in which the golden but so often ignored words are given:

"You have the right to remain silent."

It is a wise option but so seldom taken.

#390922 - 08/08/09 01:58 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Nemo]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Or, as Magus Gilmore says: "Sometimes you have to tuck the Baphomet in your shirt".

Reality. What a concept.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#390926 - 08/08/09 03:49 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Phineas]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
I do not own a Sigil, but I do prominently wear a silver Pentagram with a black background I made in jewelry class. It does not display the goat head, nor the Hebrew writings, as I am not that skilled. It's by no means the same thing as a Sigil, but it is very similar, and was designed with the purpose of resembling it.

To date, only one person has ever seen it and immediately asked if I was a Satanist, to which I replied in the affirmative. I did not receive some lecture; he was quite understanding in the matter. Everyone else, including my parents, has either mistaken it for something else (most likely a "heavy metal kitsch," as mentioned earlier) or have not commented on it at all.

Beyond that, I do not display my choice of religion. If inquired, I will gladly explain my "faith" (or lack thereof, as it is) to whomever is genuinely interested. I also live in Arizona, like Amberpocalypse. I suppose this state isn't as evangelical as the South, since I very rarely get any strange looks or reactions.

Granted, this could possibly change if/when I order a professionally made Sigil from the Emporium. But, I also do not fear negative reaction. The only people I would want to talk to are the ones who already understand me anyway. I had not intended to hide it under my shirt under any circumstance, to be honest, but I can see from the responses here that such a choice could be quite unwise. Alas, I am only an 18 year old - I still have much to learn about quite a lot of things.

Edited by Zaranell (08/08/09 03:51 AM)

#390934 - 08/08/09 07:19 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Babydoll Offline
CoS Member

VERY good point, Babydoll!! Thanks for the gentle reminder! smile

Originally Posted By: Nemo
Very well expressed! Thank you!

Cheers cool

Originally Posted By: Nemo
"You have the right to remain silent."

It is a wise option but so seldom taken.

Would that be because there are so few wise? Or because the wise are often not in such a position? laugh

One LIFE - One chance

Who are We?

#390962 - 08/08/09 01:31 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Richard Cerno Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Silicon Valley, CA USA
I carry the small red Baphomet medallion that I was given upon joining the CoS with me in my pocket. It's inside a guitar pick case that attaches to my key ring. I carry it with me for my own edification, but don't feel the need to display it for anyone.

I wear a suit most days, and while I work within circles populated by de facto Satanists (naturally inclined to behave according to the Good Docktor's philosophies), I know of no de jurie Satanists (self aware CoS members), other than myself. I believe one expresses who one is by one's actions, not necessarily by one's ornamentation, but to each his own.
http://www.boardroominblack.com

#390971 - 08/08/09 03:10 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Richard Cerno]
Zsche Offline

Ornamentation IS an action of expressing who one is...

#390974 - 08/08/09 05:15 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zaranell]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Antarctica
The Pentagram is a sigil.

HS!

E.

#390976 - 08/08/09 05:18 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: SHIGALYOV]
SHIGALYOV Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Antarctica
In fact even the letters I type now are sigils.

E.

#391035 - 08/09/09 11:06 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: SHIGALYOV]
Empathy Offline

Loc: Houston
People are more receptive to your ideas and beliefs if they think you are one of them. You will find that you can make a self-declared evangelical christian conform to a Satanist's philosophy, as long as they are not aware of where the philosophy comes from. People attach a great deal of importance to labels, and I personally have found life to be easier when I present myself as the 'regular guy'. Presenting yourself as the adversary sounds great when written in a book, but you have little to gain from it by practicing it out in the real world. If you put people on the defensive with your attire or attitude, you have to work twice as hard to change their misguided opinions. I like to teach people, and some people do not, so this is just my personal outlook on this issue.

Regarding the question of solipsism. People are real, and so are their opinions. You don't have to agree with them, but you do have to recognize the threat they represent. There are people out there who are honestly crazy enough to do something to you, simply because you reject their faith. It is not just, it is not right, and it is not reasonable, but it is real.

#391074 - 08/09/09 05:51 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Empathy]
Lust Offline

"People are more receptive to your ideas and beliefs if they think you are one of them."

I have gained more respect by being (for the most part) honest with everyday people (those I interact with over the course of a day). People tend to enjoy drama and when they discover something occult about someone they just drag it on. The Nine Satanic Statements are something I see in everyday events. Especially the Ninth.

"Presenting yourself as the adversary sounds great when written in a book, but you have little to gain from it by practicing it out in the real world."

Au Contraire (I like saying that)

Take for example - Anton Szandor LaVey. Look at all that he gained after he declared 1966 the year One.

Marilyn Manson also comes to mind as someone who has presented him self as an adversary and has gained much for it.

Just two examples of many real world success stories by way of adversarial techniques.

"If you put people on the defensive with your attire or attitude, you have to work twice as hard to change their misguided opinions."

Here is where Lesser Magic is key.

"Regarding the question of solipsism. People are real, and so are their opinions. You don't have to agree with them, but you do have to recognize the threat they represent. There are people out there who are honestly crazy enough to do something to you, simply because you reject their faith. It is not just, it is not right, and it is not reasonable, but it is real."

Lack of Perspective can also be painful for a Satanist, and is included in The Nine Satanic Sins.

"Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is." - Anton Szandor LaVey

The above quote by Doktor LaVey sums it up nicely.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#391090 - 08/10/09 12:13 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
As HereticPrincess2 does, I too normally wear a Crux Satanas instead of my Baphomet. I still feel that I am portraying my Satanic philosophies to those in the know, while most other people see it as a unfimiliar symbol and ignore it entirely. I only wear my baphomet when I am in the ritual chamber or amongst people that won't give me a hard time.

#391101 - 08/10/09 06:15 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
It occurs to me that playing the adversarial role, or even brandishing the Baphomet at all, probably works best for people who are actively trying to utilize the wonder element of lesser magic (as opposed to sex or sentiment).

But of course, as with sex and sentiment, the element of wonder is more easily and more effectively employed by some people, than by others. If you try to use various elements of wonder, such as playing the adversarial role, brandishing controversial symbols or trying to look and dress like a bad ass, but your natural physical appearance doesn’t support it; then you just end up looking like a freak ( but not in the effective, lesser magic way!).

One very simple, but very important thing that we must always remember is that people like to get what they expect and they don’t like surprises. People like it when they think they can peg you and it’s often to your benefit to encourage that (just because they think they can figure you out at a glance, doesn’t mean they actually can; but it does often make them easier to deal with).

One of the most basic ways to make it easy for people to settle on conclusions about you is to avoid dressing against type and this includes any ornamentation that you might have on your person.

It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?

Edited by John Prophet (08/10/09 06:23 AM)

#391105 - 08/10/09 09:29 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Zsche Offline

While I can appreciate the dialog that is occurring from starting this topic - I will once again reference earlier posts that I made to this thread:

As stated in my original post:

Not everyone chooses to make their beliefs public, but I am curious how those who choose to openly live as Satanists handle the initial questions?

And reiterated in another:

I suppose my original post was mainly directed at receiving responses from those who choose to live openly as Satanists. I choose to.

This is not a question about “whether” I should openly display my medallion.

Is there anyone else who cares to share their experiences of openly wearing the Church of Satan Baphomet?

#391117 - 08/10/09 01:40 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I used to wear my Baphomet out in the open when I first started getting into Satanism but now I don't even feel the need to wear it anymore.

To me, it really doesn't matter if you wear a CoS Baphomet or a medallion with Bob Marley's face on it. All that matters is what you're doing in the real world. You know, being successful and shit.

Nowadays I wear a "bling bling" cross with diamonds in it. It doesn't make me less Satanic. It actually makes me even more Satanic because I can afford such a thing. coopdevil

#391156 - 08/10/09 09:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: mb_goatis]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: mb_goatis
As HereticPrincess2 does, I too normally wear a Crux Satanas instead of my Baphomet.

A remarkable symbol indeed. Have you seen the pendant released and crafted by Magister Lang?

29 February, XLIII A.S. - Satanic News On The March

Originally Posted By: mb_goatis
I still feel that I am portraying my Satanic philosophies to those in the know, while most other people see it as a unfimiliar symbol and ignore it entirely.

I have met with a Satanist (Also a CoS Citizen) who wore no jewelery. His words and actions spoke more about him than any certain type of ornamentation would have. I view it as a personal choice of aesthetics, and what the symbol means in the selfish heart of he who wears it (In view or not). No matter what you hang around your neck or stick to your lapel, in the end it will be the choices you make that defines you.

#391168 - 08/11/09 12:33 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: John Prophet]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Originally Posted By: John Prophet

It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?

People wonder about me all the time. smile And I LOVE it.

#391188 - 08/11/09 08:03 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
malmensa Offline

I am thinking a Blaphomet & Mensa symbol together would be a nice symbiosis. Anything to distance myself from the Soylent Green sheep of humanity.

#391209 - 08/11/09 01:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: zodiac]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

To whomever said that it would be reckless for me to do so...I know it does seem reckless and maybe I was overreacting about what would happen. I just have no clue, and don't want to find out. They've threatened to throw away stuff before (and have done so thankfully not to anything of mine related to Satanism). They're just a couple of Christians who freak out at every little thing that "isn't of their faith" or whatever. I try and deal with them as calmly as I can.

Edited by HereticPrincess2 (08/11/09 01:32 PM)
Edit Reason: I forgot who I was replying to...oops!

#391268 - 08/11/09 10:29 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
ribbit Offline

Heavy Metal concert, sure.
Westboro Baptist Church, not so much.
Soldiers for Christ meeting? Only if you have a really big pair and heavy weaponry.

Edited by ribbit (08/11/09 10:29 PM)

#391269 - 08/11/09 10:34 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: John Prophet]
Lust Offline

I say keep 'em guessing. I am reminded of the movie Speak of the Devil: The Canon of Anton LaVey. (From Memory) In one scene Doktor LaVey states that when requested for an interview he would dress in a nice suit and hold the interview in a room very basic in design. When they came expecting him in horns and dark atmosphere, well, I can just imagine the good laugh that Doktor LaVey had during and after.

"It’s best to always consider what kind of image you’re going for, and what image suits you; before you do something like wearing a Baphomet around. Are you the type of person who can pull off using the element of wonder?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6FiOu9hzo

Follow the link above and be the judge. If I am out meeting with clients you can expect to see me in a suit (Medallion tucked beneath). Around town or a day at the office = my attire in the video the link will take you.

#391293 - 08/12/09 08:39 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Lust]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Follow the link above and be the judge.

I’d say yes. Your appearance, as well as other aesthetic choices you’ve made, are definitely congruent with the element of wonder. It’s very understandable that wearing the Baphomet would work for you.

Though actually, that last question in that post I made was meant to be a suggestion for something that everyone should ask themselves (but seeing as how you already have, and your answer was yes; then I suppose that was a bit pointless that in your case).

“I say keep 'em guessing.”
It could be argued that, in a way, this is an application of the element of wonder, in and of itself.

#391319 - 08/12/09 11:19 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: ribbit]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: ribbit

Soldiers for Christ meeting? Only if you have a really big pair and heavy weaponry.

Why in the fuck would I go to any church or any christian affiliated function? Regardless – I do have a HUGE pair AND heavy weaponry…

INDEED – I have used the element of wonder with my appearance for at least 20 years. My personal experience is that when people do notice my appearance and/or Baphomet, they usually display an expression of wonder and don’t even comment or ask questions.

I will ask again:

Is there anyone else who cares to share their experiences of openly wearing the Church of Satan Baphomet?

#391321 - 08/12/09 11:23 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Seems like we're in the minority when it comes to being open about our beliefs. smile

#391324 - 08/12/09 11:30 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Zsche Offline

Seems like we're in the minority when it comes to being open about our beliefs. smile

I'm beginning to get the same impression. I'm not going to hide or lie about it. Those in public who have issues with it - can turn and go their own way, or if they choose to bother me, they will be asked to stop. If they refuse to, well... we ALL know what happens next.

Hail Satan!

#391330 - 08/12/09 12:11 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"If they refuse to, well... we ALL know what happens next."

You get beat up because there were more of them than of you?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#391332 - 08/12/09 12:28 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Phineas]
Zsche Offline

No Magister Phineas. As I'm sure you know, I was referring to Satanic Rule of the Earth #11.

I have to say that the last time I was "beat up" was 27 years ago... I have gained much knowledge, wisdom, and weaponry since then.

It hasn't been an issue, and I don't anticipate it being an issue in the future.

I'm a big boy and can take care of myself.

#391333 - 08/12/09 12:31 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Aha.

#391335 - 08/12/09 12:41 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Phineas]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Isn't it nice that we live in the 21st century where we can hold a discussion like this basically in the open? No less than 200 years ago, those wearing a Baphomet and talking about the denial of God would have been burned at the stake. And even 50 years ago it would have been very difficult to survive in our society with such outward expressions.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#391337 - 08/12/09 12:45 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

I apologize for not being able to recount any such stories, as I've never worn my Baphomet out in the open.

#391346 - 08/12/09 01:34 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Here are a list of many ways people can and will treat you by openly displaying Satanism as your religion.

- A number of people could care less. They'll still probably be just as apathetic towards you as they were before they even knew anything of your religion, and won't treat you any better or worse.
- Other people will automatically hate you, and treat you like a second-class citizen. No explanation, education, or sound reasoning will ever change their mind. They'll either resort to mockery and ridicule. You can put Christians, Muslims, Jews, Wiccans, Buddhists, Hindus....even pseudo-Satanists who run along with "those other types" in this category.
- Very few people will truly accept or tolerate you for who you are, unless they are truly compassionate, tolerant, or just plain afraid to cross your line in the sand.

I've felt it from all three categories at one point or another, in my "first phase" 4 years ago when I felt the need to tell everyone of my religious standpoint.

Looking back, I drew negative and positive. On one hand, I wasted time and energy. I stupidly created problems where there should have been none at all. I lost friends. I dealt with headaches. On the other hand, the negative repercussions and experiences made me wiser, stronger, and more realistic in my approach to dealing with those who will never "get it".

When the bell finally rung in my head, I stopped "showing". I started "doing".

#391347 - 08/12/09 01:42 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: G.F.V.]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: TheVulture
Looking back, I drew negative and positive. On one hand, I wasted time and energy. I stupidly created problems where there should have been none at all. I lost friends. I dealt with headaches. On the other hand, the negative repercussions and experiences made me wiser, stronger, and more realistic in my approach to dealing with those who will never "get it".

When the bell finally rung in my head, I stopped "showing". I started "doing".

Fantastic! This is exactly the input that I am looking for. I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and what you have learned/gained/lost from them. Thank you very much.

#391350 - 08/12/09 02:09 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: G.F.V.]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

This is no longer really on the topic of Nibas, rather directed to you, Mr. Vulture.

First of all, I agree with the sentiment. Doing and showing are two different things.

Secondly...I'd be FAR more cautious of people who wear their Baphomets openly any day. The risk of them being a "Satanafliparoo" (I love your meme, lady Ygraine.) is far too high. Anyone I have met who wears that, or has a tattoo or whatever is a giant prick, usually one who listens to too much Emperor, and smokes a pound of marijuana a week.

Keep in mind, I have not met anyone on this forum in real life. I'm a mole person who hides away, and the only Satanist I have come CLOSE to meeting, we would have never known eachother anyways. (He went to a bar across the street from where I work while I was on shift.)

Even if they were decked out in a fancy suit, or all the other dark aesthetic accouterments, I would still watch out.

Also, I doubt any of those kinds of people would even BELIEVE me if I said I was a Satanist. THEY would probably think I had messed up and gotten it wrong, NOT being decked out in all of those things. The plad trucker shirt, Megadeth t-shirt underneath, the tribal metal tattoo, and the jeans and shit-stomping shoes make me look like some kind of classless ruffian. But the people who have talked to me here, etc, I think at least a few of them think I am a decent guy, and "get" what is going on for the most part.

On the other hand of course, there are many people here who DO love that aesthetic, are proud to show it off, and certainly KNOW what is going on. And I have nothing but respect for them. They are not just hollow, pretty looking shells, and because of this, they not only impress, but are able to utilize the element of wonder...and effectively represent the more outer elements of the CoS in a positive fashion.

I like a dark aesthetic myself, as I think most Satanists probably do, but I don't like to wear it on my sleeve. It is nothing more than a personal preference. I think MOST people CANNOT pull it off, and it ends up representing them in a negative way. The few who can seem to have a lot of knowledge about how to go about doing so effectively, without looking like nothing more than an anti-Christian rebel-without-a-cause. They emit a presence that is not only intimidating, but quite charming as well.

The finest example, of course, would be Anton Szandor LaVey. For reasons that only a chimp would need me to explain here.

#391354 - 08/12/09 02:21 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: zodiac]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
I wear my Baphomet all of the time. But I do not make an issue of it. Whether you can see it or not depends on my neckline of the day - lower make it more visible. People forget about it even when they see it everyday. In fact, I think that if you are concentrating at the task at hand and not wanting to amaze your friends and scare your enemies-that it becomes a normal part of the landscape. I concentrate on my job and interests.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#391387 - 08/12/09 09:09 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Great post, Phosis.

You've hit it right on the head in the point you've illustrated on those "flipparoo" types who only embrace dark aesthetics just for the sake of appearing dark. The novelty wears off after a while, and their sad attempt at an element of 'wonder' really just becomes (unknowingly to themselves) a target of ridicule.

Most of these people are as pathetic, superficial, judgmental to others for the wrong reasons, and self-deprecating as anyone else in the herd.

Quote:
Keep in mind, I have not met anyone on this forum in real life. I'm a mole person who hides away, and the only Satanist I have come CLOSE to meeting, we would have never known eachother anyways. (He went to a bar across the street from where I work while I was on shift.)

I've met very, very few people who are authentic, real-deal Satanists (including a CoS Member on the boards). I can only speak for myself, but from my viewpoint it is a truly rewarding experience when meeting and conversing with someone who is of like mind and certainly isn't some maniac sheep in wolves' clothing.

#391393 - 08/12/09 10:32 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

You're welcome!

#391394 - 08/12/09 10:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: SueW]
Zsche Offline

Thank you for your response SueW. I can see how it becomes “a normal part of the landscape” as many do not even pay attention. My intentions are not to be “in your face” with the philosophy of how I choose to live my life, nor are they to astonish or intimidate.

I’m not walking around brazenly holding up my medallion, pointing it at people as if I had a crucifix and was attempting to ward off vampires like in some cheesy movie. To most who even see it - it’s just a simple adornment on my person, as any other piece of jewelry. I wear my Baphomet openly because it reminds me of who I am, and helps me remember that I am operating on a completely different plane than most everyone I meet. This in itself – helps me accept and deal with day to day life and interactions with those who are less adjusted and informed.

#391448 - 08/13/09 01:39 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: ribbit]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: ribbit

What do you even care? You already implied in another thread that you're not aligned with the Church of Satan. So why would you even wear a Sigil in the first place?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#391459 - 08/13/09 03:01 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Oh, I'm sure he plans to rip of the Satanic symbolism to start his own crappy "AgnoSatanic Temple" or something like that in the near future.

Get ready, rejected kids wearing vampire fangs! A brand new organization will soon be ready to accept you...for the low low price of only $999.99!

#391514 - 08/13/09 10:05 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Old_Pig]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Old_Pig

Hah hah hah.....my thoughts exactly.
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#391547 - 08/14/09 09:11 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: dragondancer]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: dragondancer
Hah hah hah.....my thoughts exactly.

Did you even bother to read my response to the post by Old_Pig or the rest of this thread?

I'm not sure what you think I should be afraid of...

My personal experience is: If you are a law-abiding, responsible adult, who is an active, productive member of society, trying to make a difference in your immediate environment (and if a parent like me - active in your children's lives), then people could care less about the philosophy that you choose to live by (unless you are trying to cram it down other people's throats, and even the christian people that I personally know for the most part disagree with these tactics).

Most who already knew me and gain the knowledge that I am a Satanist initially shy away, but see that my actions and demeanor have not changed since they first knew me. While they become somewhat standoffish, most of them continue to interact with me on a cordial level. I have already come to know who my true friends are since being open about my beliefs. Those who were closest to me - have remained, despite the fact that our beliefs differ. To those who have shunned me - good riddance!

On the other side of this coin - in the state of North Carolina, if you are attacked by someone unprovoked and there is a risk of “life or limb”, you are justified in using deadly force to protect yourself… I know this – and I am prepared for it everywhere I go.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405733 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements