Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#391332 - 08/12/09 12:28 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Phineas]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
No Magister Phineas. As I'm sure you know, I was referring to Satanic Rule of the Earth #11.

I have to say that the last time I was "beat up" was 27 years ago... I have gained much knowledge, wisdom, and weaponry since then.

It hasn't been an issue, and I don't anticipate it being an issue in the future.

I'm a big boy and can take care of myself.

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#391333 - 08/12/09 12:31 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Aha.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#391335 - 08/12/09 12:41 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Phineas]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Isn't it nice that we live in the 21st century where we can hold a discussion like this basically in the open? No less than 200 years ago, those wearing a Baphomet and talking about the denial of God would have been burned at the stake. And even 50 years ago it would have been very difficult to survive in our society with such outward expressions.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#391337 - 08/12/09 12:45 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair

Originally Posted By: Nibas

Is there anyone else who cares to share their experiences of openly wearing the Church of Satan Baphomet?

I apologize for not being able to recount any such stories, as I've never worn my Baphomet out in the open.

#391346 - 08/12/09 01:34 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Here are a list of many ways people can and will treat you by openly displaying Satanism as your religion.

- A number of people could care less. They'll still probably be just as apathetic towards you as they were before they even knew anything of your religion, and won't treat you any better or worse.
- Other people will automatically hate you, and treat you like a second-class citizen. No explanation, education, or sound reasoning will ever change their mind. They'll either resort to mockery and ridicule. You can put Christians, Muslims, Jews, Wiccans, Buddhists, Hindus....even pseudo-Satanists who run along with "those other types" in this category.
- Very few people will truly accept or tolerate you for who you are, unless they are truly compassionate, tolerant, or just plain afraid to cross your line in the sand.

I've felt it from all three categories at one point or another, in my "first phase" 4 years ago when I felt the need to tell everyone of my religious standpoint.

Looking back, I drew negative and positive. On one hand, I wasted time and energy. I stupidly created problems where there should have been none at all. I lost friends. I dealt with headaches. On the other hand, the negative repercussions and experiences made me wiser, stronger, and more realistic in my approach to dealing with those who will never "get it".

When the bell finally rung in my head, I stopped "showing". I started "doing".

#391347 - 08/12/09 01:42 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: G.F.V.]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: TheVulture
Looking back, I drew negative and positive. On one hand, I wasted time and energy. I stupidly created problems where there should have been none at all. I lost friends. I dealt with headaches. On the other hand, the negative repercussions and experiences made me wiser, stronger, and more realistic in my approach to dealing with those who will never "get it".

When the bell finally rung in my head, I stopped "showing". I started "doing".

Fantastic! This is exactly the input that I am looking for. I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and what you have learned/gained/lost from them. Thank you very much.

Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#391350 - 08/12/09 02:09 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: G.F.V.]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
This is no longer really on the topic of Nibas, rather directed to you, Mr. Vulture.

First of all, I agree with the sentiment. Doing and showing are two different things.

Secondly...I'd be FAR more cautious of people who wear their Baphomets openly any day. The risk of them being a "Satanafliparoo" (I love your meme, lady Ygraine.) is far too high. Anyone I have met who wears that, or has a tattoo or whatever is a giant prick, usually one who listens to too much Emperor, and smokes a pound of marijuana a week.

Keep in mind, I have not met anyone on this forum in real life. I'm a mole person who hides away, and the only Satanist I have come CLOSE to meeting, we would have never known eachother anyways. (He went to a bar across the street from where I work while I was on shift.)

Even if they were decked out in a fancy suit, or all the other dark aesthetic accouterments, I would still watch out.

Also, I doubt any of those kinds of people would even BELIEVE me if I said I was a Satanist. THEY would probably think I had messed up and gotten it wrong, NOT being decked out in all of those things. The plad trucker shirt, Megadeth t-shirt underneath, the tribal metal tattoo, and the jeans and shit-stomping shoes make me look like some kind of classless ruffian. But the people who have talked to me here, etc, I think at least a few of them think I am a decent guy, and "get" what is going on for the most part.

On the other hand of course, there are many people here who DO love that aesthetic, are proud to show it off, and certainly KNOW what is going on. And I have nothing but respect for them. They are not just hollow, pretty looking shells, and because of this, they not only impress, but are able to utilize the element of wonder...and effectively represent the more outer elements of the CoS in a positive fashion.

I like a dark aesthetic myself, as I think most Satanists probably do, but I don't like to wear it on my sleeve. It is nothing more than a personal preference. I think MOST people CANNOT pull it off, and it ends up representing them in a negative way. The few who can seem to have a lot of knowledge about how to go about doing so effectively, without looking like nothing more than an anti-Christian rebel-without-a-cause. They emit a presence that is not only intimidating, but quite charming as well.

The finest example, of course, would be Anton Szandor LaVey. For reasons that only a chimp would need me to explain here.

#391354 - 08/12/09 02:21 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: zodiac]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
I wear my Baphomet all of the time. But I do not make an issue of it. Whether you can see it or not depends on my neckline of the day - lower make it more visible. People forget about it even when they see it everyday. In fact, I think that if you are concentrating at the task at hand and not wanting to amaze your friends and scare your enemies-that it becomes a normal part of the landscape. I concentrate on my job and interests.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#391387 - 08/12/09 09:09 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: TheDegenerate]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Great post, Phosis.

You've hit it right on the head in the point you've illustrated on those "flipparoo" types who only embrace dark aesthetics just for the sake of appearing dark. The novelty wears off after a while, and their sad attempt at an element of 'wonder' really just becomes (unknowingly to themselves) a target of ridicule.

Most of these people are as pathetic, superficial, judgmental to others for the wrong reasons, and self-deprecating as anyone else in the herd.

Quote:
Keep in mind, I have not met anyone on this forum in real life. I'm a mole person who hides away, and the only Satanist I have come CLOSE to meeting, we would have never known eachother anyways. (He went to a bar across the street from where I work while I was on shift.)

I've met very, very few people who are authentic, real-deal Satanists (including a CoS Member on the boards). I can only speak for myself, but from my viewpoint it is a truly rewarding experience when meeting and conversing with someone who is of like mind and certainly isn't some maniac sheep in wolves' clothing.

#391393 - 08/12/09 10:32 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Zsche]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

You're welcome!

#391394 - 08/12/09 10:36 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: SueW]
Zsche Offline

Thank you for your response SueW. I can see how it becomes “a normal part of the landscape” as many do not even pay attention. My intentions are not to be “in your face” with the philosophy of how I choose to live my life, nor are they to astonish or intimidate.

I’m not walking around brazenly holding up my medallion, pointing it at people as if I had a crucifix and was attempting to ward off vampires like in some cheesy movie. To most who even see it - it’s just a simple adornment on my person, as any other piece of jewelry. I wear my Baphomet openly because it reminds me of who I am, and helps me remember that I am operating on a completely different plane than most everyone I meet. This in itself – helps me accept and deal with day to day life and interactions with those who are less adjusted and informed.

#391448 - 08/13/09 01:39 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: ribbit]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: ribbit
Heavy Metal concert, sure.
Westboro Baptist Church, not so much.
Soldiers for Christ meeting? Only if you have a really big pair and heavy weaponry.

What do you even care? You already implied in another thread that you're not aligned with the Church of Satan. So why would you even wear a Sigil in the first place?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#391459 - 08/13/09 03:01 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Bill_M]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Oh, I'm sure he plans to rip of the Satanic symbolism to start his own crappy "AgnoSatanic Temple" or something like that in the near future.

Get ready, rejected kids wearing vampire fangs! A brand new organization will soon be ready to accept you...for the low low price of only $999.99!

#391514 - 08/13/09 10:05 PM Re: Solipsism? [Re: Old_Pig]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: Old_Pig
Originally Posted By: Nibas
The experience did make me wonder though &#150; if openly displaying the Church of Satan Baphomet could be considered a form of solipsism?

In North Carolina? I would consider it a form of suicide.

Hah hah hah.....my thoughts exactly.
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#391547 - 08/14/09 09:11 AM Re: Solipsism? [Re: dragondancer]
Zsche Offline

Originally Posted By: dragondancer
Hah hah hah.....my thoughts exactly.

Did you even bother to read my response to the post by Old_Pig or the rest of this thread?

I'm not sure what you think I should be afraid of...

My personal experience is: If you are a law-abiding, responsible adult, who is an active, productive member of society, trying to make a difference in your immediate environment (and if a parent like me - active in your children's lives), then people could care less about the philosophy that you choose to live by (unless you are trying to cram it down other people's throats, and even the christian people that I personally know for the most part disagree with these tactics).

Most who already knew me and gain the knowledge that I am a Satanist initially shy away, but see that my actions and demeanor have not changed since they first knew me. While they become somewhat standoffish, most of them continue to interact with me on a cordial level. I have already come to know who my true friends are since being open about my beliefs. Those who were closest to me - have remained, despite the fact that our beliefs differ. To those who have shunned me - good riddance!

On the other side of this coin - in the state of North Carolina, if you are attacked by someone unprovoked and there is a risk of “life or limb”, you are justified in using deadly force to protect yourself… I know this – and I am prepared for it everywhere I go.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements