Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#392136 - 08/19/09 11:24 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Amdusias]
Lasham Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I indulge every few days at Chipotle. Those burritos are otherworldly.

#392181 - 08/20/09 09:18 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Lasham]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
My friend and I ate there once, and it was surprisingly very good seeing how I hate "authentic" Mexican food. I'd rather eat my future mother in law's tacos or Taco Bell any day!

#392199 - 08/20/09 11:50 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: HereticPrincess2]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Um, why are you resurrecting threads that have been dead for two years?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#392226 - 08/20/09 05:59 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

When one posts about something that's been posted before, they are told they should have used the Search Engine. When they use the Search Engine they are asked why they are resurrecting old posts. I don't want to be a smart-arse but is there a way to win?

#392227 - 08/20/09 06:04 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

People are told to search for answers to questions that have been asked and answered a million times. That's different than dredging up an old thread to add a comment 2 years later.

#392228 - 08/20/09 06:13 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bill_M]
DevilMan_nc Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte/Concord, NC
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

It's a Zombie thing! "Night of the Living Thread" laugh

#392230 - 08/20/09 06:45 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: HellofallHells]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: HellofallHells
People are told to search for answers to questions that have been asked and answered a million times. That's different than dredging up an old thread to add a comment 2 years later.

Maybe the guy was going to start a thread about favorite foods and since he found this one he just decided to reply instead. That's a possibility.

Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just seen this question being asked most times an old post resurges and I can't help to think that the poster could have been merely heeding the advice about the Search Engine.

If a thread is deemed too old to be replied to, it'd be best off locked by the Mods. Don't you think?

#392233 - 08/20/09 06:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: SINClair
If a thread is deemed too old to be replied to, it'd be best off locked by the Mods. Don't you think?

That would take waaaay too much time! There must be hundreds of old threads. I think Heretic Princess simply had bad judgement and should have went ahead and started a new thread. It's not too complicated.

#392234 - 08/20/09 07:01 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: J. Favenris]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: Favenris

That would take waaaay too much time! There must be hundreds of old threads. I think Heretic Princess simply had bad judgement and should have went ahead and started a new thread. It's not too complicated.

Too much time for one person perhaps but there are 10 Moderators... grin

#392237 - 08/20/09 07:17 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
Really, I'm not trying to be a dick, I've just seen this question being asked most times an old post resurges and I can't help to think that the poster could have been merely heeding the advice about the Search Engine.

Look, for the most part, people are told that it's best to use the search engine before asking questions that can be easily researched and that have been asked a million and one times. That is a far cry from drudging up an old post to discuss fucking cottage cheese. The poster in question has been asked to stop doing this by Mods before.

You may not actively be trying to be a dick, but perhaps it would be best if you stopped before you succeed in making yourself look like a huge one.

In regards to Mods locking old threads, I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my time doing that. It's general common sense and etiquette to at least look at how old a thread is before digging it back up to add nothing of real value to the conversation. Period. I'm not going to dummy proof the boards for the sake of the rare person who just doesn't seem to get it.

And for the record, we don't get paid for this. I'm sure you think you're just being too funny, but I seem to have lost my sense of humor after reading your posts here.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#392238 - 08/20/09 07:19 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bruja]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Mod #2 in complete 100% agreement with what the lovely and brilliant Mod #1 said.

#392242 - 08/20/09 07:52 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: Bruja]
SINClair Offline

Originally Posted By: Bruja

And for the record, we don't get paid for this. I'm sure you think you're just being too funny, but I seem to have lost my sense of humor after reading your posts here.

After a second thought I realised that I am not intimate friends or even friends at all with any of the Mods here to joke like that so I edited my post deleting the joke out.

#392269 - 08/20/09 11:14 PM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: SINClair]
BenFranklin Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Open ended response:
At the very least, this issue of old open posts has taught Me, (a neophyte web board poster), what to try not to do. I believe that I am smarter than the average bear, yet I've stepped on My crank here more than once. This is absolutely My own fault through lack of due diligence on My part.
As a typist that hunt & pecks, with limited computer experience; I have found that it is best for Me to read and research, rather than post. Sometimes, I find that the topic is irresistible and I must post. Sometimes, I have been possessed by the Daemon- Pinot Noir. This Daemon arose on the Oregon Coast...
Cheers

#392305 - 08/21/09 08:46 AM Re: Food/beverage indulgences. [Re: BenFranklin]
HereticPrincess2 Offline

Loc: Des Plaines, IL
Yeah...I definitely need to use the search engine. *slinks away*

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406134 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM