Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#392504 - 08/23/09 01:18 AM You Stole My Baphomet?!?!?
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yeah. It has been proudly pinned to my purse for the 2 whole weeks that I owned it. My beautiful absinthe green CoS Emporium Baphomet Pin. After leaving work last Sunday, I noticed it was gone, and the back wasn't sitting in the bottom of my purse. Which leads me to believe that it was intentionally removed from my belongings. The infernal thing only cost $10, money is not the issue. I do believe I know who took it, but I'm not 100% sure. Anything I could to to perhaps reveal the truth to me, or to cause him intense grief? The damned kid is foolhardy, irresponsible and sort of dense to begin with- I feel like he'll bring about his own demise.

#392508 - 08/23/09 01:37 AM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
Originally Posted By: Amberpocalypse
Yeah. Anything I could to to perhaps reveal the truth to me

Yeah, ask him? Maybe ask around see and if he has a reputation of stealing. I had a pin once on my name tag at my old job; this pin was exclusive, it came with these VIP passes I got for a concert. Anyways, one day it turns up missing, and I figured it was a co-worker, so I asked around and no one had seen it. A year later someone was cleaning out the back room, and found it. They knew I was asking about it before so they kept on to it and called me. So it could be lost, just try asking around.

Quote:
The damned kid is foolhardy, irresponsible and sort of dense to begin with- I feel like he'll bring about his own demise.

Sounds like he will indeed; no input needed on your side I suppose! coopdevil

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but like you said it is only $10 (more like $14 and $18 after shipping), so I'd just order another (maybe a different color, in case yours does show up), you can never have too many Baphomets. Best of luck!

Edited by mb_goatis (08/23/09 01:39 AM)

#392566 - 08/23/09 01:34 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Allude to it. Say something like "isn't amazing how someone can steel something and think they weren't being watched?"

If they are innocent they will simply look at you curiously puzzled. If they are guilty they will appear very uncomfortable and will want to change the subject.

At that point you could give them a little more than they bargained for: "I wonder if the person (make eye contact when you say 'person') realizes the tremendous amount of bad fortune this will give them, because that necklace is use only for destruction rituals...I don't know what will happen to them, but the more they try to escape it, the more they'll realize they cannot"

#392568 - 08/23/09 01:39 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Put up posters at the work place offering a reward for a lost "round, green star pendent", or information leading to it. Explain in the posters that it was a vintage gift from your late grandmother [sob, sniff, sob]. If somebody else turns it in, be prepared to give out $10, which is what you would have paid for a new one anyway.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#392570 - 08/23/09 01:43 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
If it is at work, there is usually not much you can do.

Do they not have lockers or something like that where you work? I would be extremely wary of bringing any belongings with me to work if I did not know they were either locked up safely, or constantly within my sight.

If you have cameras, you could request a surveillance check. If you approach your coworker with ANYTHING that resembles a threat, etc, it will not bode well for you. And don't do anything idiotic as was suggested here, and talk about curses and shit like that. It's a surefire way to get your ass kicked out the door, or to otherwise make yourself a target. I have my doubts about anyone who would pin a Baphomet to their purse and bring it to WORK with them in the first place, and in a place of business, there is no room for stuff like that. Because of the stigma behind that symbol, you may not find anyone willing to help you.

If your co-workers are notably comfortable with your blatant and obvious affiliation, perhaps it won't affect their judgment. If you believe that to be the case, I would talk to a manager, and at the very least, tell them about your co-workers activities, and request they keep an eye out to see if anybody else "loses" anything while they are working with him.

Buyer beware, and any possession you bring with you to work is your responsibility. However, your employer should be providing you with a safe place to store essential belongings. If not, ditch the purse when you leave for work, and bring a wallet instead next time, something you can keep in your pocket.

You probably won't be able to do anything about this incident, but "Responsibility to the responsible." Now that you know your items are at risk, do something about it, and protect them.

Edited by Phosis (08/23/09 01:43 PM)

#392577 - 08/23/09 02:53 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
DawkinsofWar Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Someone fool enough to steal a $10 item at work won't stop at one. Buy another and slow-play him. He'll run out of luck before you run out of money.

#392610 - 08/24/09 02:21 AM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: DawkinsofWar]
MalignantAbyss Offline

Loc: Finland
Phosis seems to have the best suggestions. There really isn't much to do if you're not completely sure of who took it; without being absolutely sure of guilty you shouldn't be too hasty with revenge.

#392662 - 08/24/09 01:48 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
The thing about it is, really, the person who probably stole it, more than likely doesn't even know what the Baphomet actually signifies. To the thief, it's probably "connected to a current heavy metal band."

I had the same thing happen before. So, now, when I place a pin on a jacket, I have "pin backs" that cannot be removed simply by pinching the thing. They use a small set screw to hold them on the post.

#392666 - 08/24/09 02:14 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: TheDegenerate]
DawkinsofWar Offline

It's uncommon for the deck to be stacked well enough in one's favor to get away with a Baphomet at work. If so, these situations probably won't come up.

I like Army convention with theft. If your unsecured effects are stolen, you are also punished for turning others into thieves. It's harsh, but it works.

grin

Edited by Dawkins of War (08/24/09 02:28 PM)

#392668 - 08/24/09 02:22 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: MalignantAbyss]
DawkinsofWar Offline

Exactly. Revenge? At work? over a $10 item? No point. It's Counting Coo. So much reaction just dignifies it.

Edited by Dawkins of War (08/24/09 02:27 PM)

#392683 - 08/24/09 06:09 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Amberpocalypse]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Back in my Junior year of high school,

I once had my wallet stolen from my Gym locker, which contained $15, my Driver's License, and other miscellaneous belongings (the library card and video store cards weren't such a big deal, but getting a new license was a bit of a hassle). It happened to myself and two other peers next to me.

We all went straight to the principal, notified him, and even went as far as to contact the police (who came to briefly investigate the thefts).

Of course, nothing came of it. No one found the culprits, or if they did, they probably swept it under the carpet like a bunch of pansies. And nobody seemed to want to take anything further to find suspects. All they did was say "make sure your belongings are kept in a safe, secure place".

Looking back, I'm thankful that only my wallet was stolen, when in fact they could have also taken my good shoes, clothes, backpack, CD player/headphones, etc. And I didn't have a cell-phone at that age.

Lesson learned:

The world is full of scumbags who just like to steal out of spite, warped humor, or "desperate measures" (i.e. a spoiled sack of shit).

And of course, you can be as responsible as you're capable of to protect your own belongings. But the possibility is always there that someone can come along and steal it anyway. This is especially true with smaller belongings that are:
- Easy to find.
- Easy to obtain.
- Easy to hide.
- Hard to track down.
- Hard to investigate.

That's why I emphasize that you always be proactive and keep your belongings locked and secure. If there are criminals who are intelligent and capable enough to steal cars and rob houses, there are loads of others who can easily go into your locker or jacket pocket when it's hanging up. Many job managers, school teachers, etc. are either too lazy (or sissified) to look into things, don't want to go through the "inconvenience" of investigating or calling the authorities, or just don't give a rats ass about anyone else's belongings but their own.

#392686 - 08/24/09 06:30 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: G.F.V.]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: TheVulture
Of course, nothing came of it. No one found the culprits, or if they did, they probably swept it under the carpet like a bunch of pansies.

I'd still say that reporting it to the police was the right thing to do. Granted nothing became of this incident, but let's say the same thing happened to another class during the same time of day. If they reported it to, then police might notice a pattern of a particular culprit, or rule out certain possibilities, etc.

Quote:
This is especially true with smaller belongings that are:
- Easy to find.
- Easy to obtain.
- Easy to hide.
- Hard to track down.
- Hard to investigate.

From what I've read before, petty thieves just want to grab the "good" stuff and get out as quickly as possible. I've even heard the suggestion to sometimes leave crappy stuff around for thieves to take (e.g., a really cheap wristwatch and a couple of dollars on the hotel room night table before you go downtown that night) so that they'll overlook the more hidden valuable stuff.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#392690 - 08/24/09 06:46 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Bill_M]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
A bit off topic but this seems as good a place as any to ask: Is it pronounced Baf-Oh-Met or Baf-Oh-May? Sources differ and I don't speak Occitan.

#392693 - 08/24/09 06:56 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Delta]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Delta
A bit off topic but this seems as good a place as any to ask: Is it pronounced Baf-Oh-Met or Baf-Oh-May? Sources differ and I don't speak Occitan.

It's "supposed" to be BAFF-o-mett (rhymes with "net"), but honestly I've heard Satanists use both. I still use BAFF-o-may (rhymes with "way") myself, because that was the first pronunciation I heard.

#392697 - 08/24/09 07:02 PM Re: You Stole My Baphomet?!?!? [Re: Delta]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Before I heard it spoken by others, I used to pronounce it Baph-o-may. Probably because I come from a predominantly French speaking area and would pronounce similar words ending in "et" as ay. i.e. chalet, ballet, etc. It just seemed right to me at the time.

I still think both ways are fine though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements