Topic Options
#392510 - 08/23/09 01:46 AM Would anything bad happen...
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

If I cast a Satanic blessing on a far away friend who is wiccan?

The biggest reason I bring this up is because they preform their own rituals of blessing and such, and if the spells dont 'cooperate' with one another, I wouldn't want to waste my time on it, or worse yet, somehow cause harm to her.

And in the Satanic Bible under the instructions for a compassion ritual it says 'Present yourself....in behalf of one who believes....'
Would this indicate that they must be a Satanist?
It also says 'Strengthen....our comrade of the Left Hand Path.'
Does this further indicate that they must be a Satanist?
A member of the truest Left Hand Path there is?
Or am I reading too far into this and taking it too literally?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Master_of_Pain (08/23/09 01:57 AM)
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#392518 - 08/23/09 03:21 AM Re: Would anything bad happen... [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The comment in the spell about comrades of the Left Hand Path is an assumption that you associate yourself with those of your kind and if they garner your sympathy then they are in alignment with Satanic goals (yours), if nothing else.

This crap about spells "cooperating" sounds like some new-agey gobbledegook. Maybe Wiccans buy that, but I don't.

I think the only harm that's going to come of this is confusing Satanic magical principles with Wiccan nonsense, in the sense that this is exactly what LaVey wanted to distance Satanism from. Most every other "magical tradition" out there freely admits to hodgepodge and indiscriminate mixing of various sources and convoluted methodology and theories, whereas Satanism is a reduction of magic to the most straightforward and unconfused view of magic possible.

In short, from a Satanic perspective Wiccan "magic(k)" can be disregarded as prayer in another disguise and of no consequence, to you or anyone else.

#392555 - 08/23/09 12:53 PM Re: Would anything bad happen... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Thank you very much!

I didn't think there would be any repercussions of some sort, but I wanted to make sure just the same.
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

#392558 - 08/23/09 01:12 PM Re: Would anything bad happen... [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Master_of_Pain
If I cast a Satanic blessing on a far away friend who is wiccan?

The biggest reason I bring this up is because they preform their own rituals of blessing and such, and if the spells dont 'cooperate' with one another, I wouldn't want to waste my time on it, or worse yet, somehow cause harm to her.

I say, just forget about any metaphysical notions of spell-crossing or "conflicting energies" and what not. Here's the real question: can you step into that ritual chamber, and confidently project your will? That's what it's about. If you know what you want, and you can put yourself into the ritualistic setting to let it all out, then it will feel like you really are the one who's in command of your world and these "what if?" notions shouldn't even come to mind.

Quote:
Would this indicate that they must be a Satanist?
It also says 'Strengthen....our comrade of the Left Hand Path.'
Does this further indicate that they must be a Satanist?

No, not necessarily. But since you care for this person, there obviously must be SOME positive Satanic qualities you see in her. So within the context of ritual, the line isn't really out of place. Never mind the fact that you yourself are on the LHP and she's a "comrade" of you personally, so by extension it fits here.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#392579 - 08/23/09 03:13 PM Re: Would anything bad happen... [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Bill_M and Hagen von Tronje took the words out of my mouth and posted them better than I could in the answers they have each already offered to you.

I just wanted to add my own perspective on one element of this.

Satanism is entirely pragmatic.

Satanism is not a search for "truth".

If a Satanist works with ritual magic and does not get the results (internal or external) he desires, then the intelligent thing to do is simply admit that.

There is no need to have to "prove" anything to anyone about any of these issues.

If magic works for you, then magic works for you and that is all that matters!

If you decide that magic only works for you as a form of psychodrama to affect your own emotions and attitudes then that is all that matters!

If you decide that magic can also work to influence events external to you then that is all that matters.

The Satanist does not have to tip toe in fear around the practice of ritual magic. We do not need to be fearful of "doing it wrong". We just do it (if we do it at all) and see what happens.

We do not fear that "God" or anything else will punish us for daring to wish to impose our will upon the universe.

We are Satanists.

It is an attitude as well as a religion and philosophy.

If you have that attitude you will know what I mean.

If you don't, then the chances are you never will.

#392603 - 08/23/09 08:26 PM Re: Would anything bad happen... [Re: Nemo]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

Thank you both Nemo and Bill.
It would seem as though I'm thoroughly over thinking greater magic.
I know exactly what you mean Nemo, I just had some apprehensions about magic in general.

Im one of those people who's naturally inclined to learn a lot about something he doesn't at all understand before he attempts it.
But if You all say the only way to truly find out is to do it, than do it I shall.

Thank You all again for responding!
-Fry Futurama
-Dr. Brady Barr

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405746 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements