Topic Options
#394396 - 09/10/09 11:29 PM Duplicate/Triplicate Posts
TheAbysmal Offline

Some of my posts are committing in duplicate/triplicate with only one submission.

I am not doing anything out of the ordinary

Refuse to die.

#394638 - 09/13/09 04:22 AM Re: Duplicate/Triplicate Posts [Re: TheAbysmal]
TheAbysmal Offline

I have been monitoring the duplication of my posts as I submit them. As best I can tell, I am the only one experiencing the problem. The number of duplicates that appear for any given post seem to match the number of times I may have previewed my replies. I have not checked this observation outright--and I do not intend to flood the board with duplicate posts to prove it--but after going through the duplicates to blank them out, I noticed my longer posts have more duplicates than my shorter ones. In theory, I preview my longer posts more often than smaller ones to aid in finding grammar and spelling mistakes, and that is why these have more duplicates.

I nearly exclusively use the Quick Reply box that appears beneath whatever post I am reading and replying. That is definitely all I have used the past few days.

I am using a Webkit-based browser, Uzbl, which is little more than a wrapper around the same code-base as Apple's Safari browser. Checking the console messages, I see nothing out of the ordinary. A few instances of "refusal to set unsafe header" for Content-Length and Connection. Hardly a blip on the radar, and nowhere near the bog of JavaScript errors that a Facebook session produces.

Has anyone else experienced this before? At the moment, I am stumped. I see no reason why this should be happening.

In any case, I have not previewed this reply, so if my theory is correct, this post should at least produce no duplicates.

Refuse to die.

#394865 - 09/15/09 02:50 PM Re: Duplicate/Triplicate Posts [Re: TheAbysmal]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
The only time I have experienced anything similar is when my company began using an agessive content filter. I used an anonymizer to get around it. When I sent someone a PM, they said they received several copies of it.

But, you don't mention using an anonymizer.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#395032 - 09/16/09 09:52 PM Re: Duplicate/Triplicate Posts [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheAbysmal Offline

No, but... My cable/Internet provider might me doing something different. I cannot think of what that might be off the cuff, but thank you. That is something to look into if the problem persists.

Off topic, but nice quote in your signature. You may also like Despair Inc.'s contemporary take in poster: http://despair.com/worth.html. I thought they had another that read something like "Just because you're important does not mean you're indispensible," with lightbulbs.

Thanks again.

Refuse to die.

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405233 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements