Topic Options
#39510 - 05/12/04 06:49 AM Life after death through fulfillment of the ego
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greetings!

My name is Daniel Ahlm and I am a resident of Sweden (so if I do any mistakes with the language you know why). The purpose of my visit and registration here is that I write a paper that compares the CoS with the ToS. It is a college level essay (second term) and it was first ment to be a comparison between LaVeys "Satanic Bible" and one of Don Webbs books. However the order of Mr Webbs books is taking way to much time and I won't recieve them until the paper is due to be finished so I compare "the satanic bible" with the oppinions Setians express online instead.

I am very familiar with the satanic scene of today. I call myself a satanist and have been calling myself just that since 1998.

Now to the purpose of the post. I was wondering what you people who are official spokesmen (or just memebers) have to say about the chapter in the "satanic bible" entiteled "life after death through fulfillment of the ego". My interest was spawned when I read Michael Aquinos article "Satanism and the immortality of the psyche". I feel that text was very influenced by what LaVey wrote. However I really don't see any satanist today that is actually proclaiming to to believe that "If a person has been vital throughout his life and has fought tot the end for his earthly existence, it is this ego which will refuse to die, even after expiration of the flesh which housed it" (quote from TSB). The bold part being the part I don't see any member of the current CoS proclaiming to believe in (at least not literary).

My personal oppinion on this is that we can survive death through achievements we have done while alive. Beethovens music is very much alive today (maybe more so than when he was alive). And that is just one example.

Edited by DanielAhlm (05/12/04 06:51 AM)

#39511 - 05/12/04 07:49 AM Re: Life after death through fulfillment of the ego
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

My interest was spawned when I read Michael Aquinos article "Satanism and the immortality of the psyche". I feel that text was very influenced by what LaVey wrote.

While I will leave the more in-depth analysis of Mr. Aquino's writings to those more familiar with them, I can say that from what I know of him, most, if not everything he does, is influenced by Dr. Lavey's work.

Quote:

However I really don't see any satanist today that is actually proclaiming to to believe that "If a person has been vital throughout his life and has fought tot the end for his earthly existence, it is this ego which will refuse to die, even after expiration of the flesh which housed it" (quote from TSB). The bold part being the part I don't see any member of the current CoS proclaiming to believe in (at least not literary).

My personal oppinion on this is that we can survive death through achievements we have done while alive. Beethovens music is very much alive today (maybe more so than when he was alive). And that is just one example.

From Dictionary.com

ego ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g, g)
n. pl. egos

1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.

From The Satanic Bible Pg. 94, Life After Death Through Fulfillment of the Ego

"The Satanist believes in complete gratification of his ego... Only if a person's own ego is sufficiently fulfilled, can he afford to be kind and complimentary to others, without robiing himself of his self-respect."

When one finds his work to be fulfilling to their own ego, they naturally will do it better. To use your example of Beethoven, if Beethoven didn't enjoy composing music, do you think his works would be as good as they are? It's doubtful. Anyone that takes pride in their work will do it to the best of their ability, and that work, and by proxy the one who performed that work, will live on in the minds of those that appreciate it.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#39512 - 05/12/04 08:14 AM Re: Life after death through fulfillment of the ego
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Aquino set up shop selling old wine in new bottles, namely that there is an actual entity who communicates with him, and that there is life after death. That way his rubes can still cling to their cherished spiritual delusions while dressing themselves up like Satanists.

I did not realize they were still even in existence.They should have bored each other to death by now.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#39513 - 05/12/04 07:44 PM Re: Life after death through fulfillment of the ego [Re: Svengali]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
"That way his rubes can still cling to their cherished spiritual delusions while dressing themselves up like Satanists."

Or even King Tut.
The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

Forum Stats
12026 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405260 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements