Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America

Gene Simmons is a de facto Satanist.

#396057 - 09/26/09 10:02 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Yes, he's cropped up in conversations on LttD a few times. I couldn't agree more that he's a de-facto.

Very intelligent and shrewd man.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#396062 - 09/26/09 12:51 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Luigi Hammarlund

Gene Simmons is a de facto Satanist.

Obviously, you've never met a Jew. They like Capitalism, what can I say? grin

But in all seriousness, the man does have many Satanic qualities. I think it's entertaining how he points out the difference between his delusion regarding his self image versus the delusion musicians have that they aren't in a business.

Musicians would be much better off mentally if they just accepted monetary reward without a second thought. After all, the more money you make, the more money can go into the product, the greater potential there is for the product to be better, and even more money you can make off of it.

I like Capitalism a lot, too. coopdevil

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#396140 - 09/27/09 10:27 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Haha, I love Rollins's nervous laugh whenever Simmons mentions money.

#396143 - 09/27/09 11:21 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: reprobate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Simmons is very good!

Henry Rollins is a worthless cunt.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#396154 - 09/27/09 02:07 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I have heard (granted it was back in the 90ies) Rollins complain about the selling out of musicians. A bit of a hypocrite considering that he acts in movies and does TV shows. But hey, everyone has to have their limelight.

Just as Simmons says in the movie Extract, "Just let me put your balls here and I will slam the door on them like THIS!"

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#396162 - 09/27/09 02:53 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Svengali

The only thing I'll ever agree with him on is his pro-free speech stance. Other than that, yes, very much a worthless cunt.

I remember listening to Black Flag, and some kid gave me a Henry Rollins tape. Some of his "comedy" stuff is ok, but for the most part he espouses the same bullshit that every other "rock star" (with the exception of Gene, of course) does.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#396165 - 09/27/09 03:26 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: NapalmNick]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Black Flag was good until Rollins started with the "spoken word" shtick. Greg Ginn was the selling point of that band.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini

#396190 - 09/27/09 05:46 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I've never been a fan of KISS's music, but I've enjoyed every interview I've ever seen from Gene Simmons. This was was no exception.

Black Flag was good until Rollins started with the "spoken word" shtick.

I've actually gotten a few requests over the years to play his stuff on my show. But the way I see it: "spoken word" is for entertainers who aren't talented enough to sing, witty enough to do stand-up comedy, expressive enough for poetry, focused enough to deliver a speech, or coordinated enough to juggle.

Feel free to quote me on that. coopdevil

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#396212 - 09/27/09 07:58 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Yeah, he and Jello Biafra, and Lydia Lunch, and the lot of whining 80s "spoken word" and "performance artists" begged to be dropped from the same bridge with cinder blocks wired to their necks. I remember wishing Reagan would send them to some kind of underground death camp in El Salvador or something.

#396220 - 09/27/09 09:24 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

I remember seeing Rollins do a number of spoken word performances in the late 80s. At that time his subject matter was devoted mainly to humorous stories about touring with Black Flag and the like. I never remember him going on about anything even remotely political back then.

I believe his "political awakening" occurred sometime soon after his solo career started to shit the bed.

Edited by Ushiwakamaru (09/27/09 09:25 PM)

#396229 - 09/27/09 11:01 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
This is an excellent interview. I especially like the fact that he's perfectly blunt about it all. This is how life should be. No pulled punches, no bullshit. Lay it out there, that's how it is.

Thank you for posting it smile

#396234 - 09/28/09 12:35 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Greg Ginn was the selling point of that band.

YES!

I haven't heard a huge amount of it, but I actually prefer their pre-Rollins stuff to when they got him. Ginn's guitar playing wasn't amazingly weird or anything, but it was extremely different to what other punks bands were doing.

And to Reverend Bill M: KISS' music has always sucked. It isn't about the music. It's about the live show. Plus, as Gene said in this interview, and is obvious to most people, KISS is much more than a band.

I forgot where I heard this, but someone said that while most bands want to be the Beatles, KISS wanted to be Coca-Cola.

They succeeded. coopdevil

#396238 - 09/28/09 01:21 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

I don't know enough about Rollins himself to go so far as to say he's a "worthless cunt."

Now I mean, that's my kind of straight talk. grin

I'm not a massive fan either, but I would say from what I have seen he doesn't strike me as a worthless cunt.

I've seen one or two interviews and I've seen him speak intelligently enough about certain issues. A very aggressive and straight talking man himself, in fact.

I hate "spoken word" events and mostly agree with your quote, Rev. Bill.

However, I have heard some of Rollins poetry - and it stands up. Some of it is pretty good, some of it is funny - and his verbal delivery of it effective.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#396244 - 09/28/09 03:29 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
I'm not a massive fan either, but I would say from what I have seen he doesn't strike me as a worthless cunt.

I don't outright dislike the guy either. In fact I'm not all that familiar with his music, past or present. I just don't like how (and I know this isn't his fault personally) his "spoken word" led to a sort of band wagon for failed stand-ups and the like.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#396254 - 09/28/09 08:24 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I like Gene Simmons, and watch his shows when it's on at someone's house. They even made School of Rock available online to Canadians through MuchMusic.com.

Regarding musicians in a business; It's always struck me as amusing that Hip Hop artists who actually come from the ghetto, and make no apologies whatsoever for making money, actually receive criticism from middle class or well-off artists who promote the idea of making music solely for art's sake. They are under the deluded notion that once it makes money the art form is no longer legitimate, nor in the spirit of "true hiphop".

To which my response has always been: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Rock On Gene Simmons!!! coopdevil

#396266 - 09/28/09 10:26 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
I don't know enough about Rollins himself to go so far as to say he's a "worthless cunt."

Now I mean, that's my kind of straight talk. grin

Well, you are who I stole the line from! wink

#396272 - 09/28/09 12:00 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Rarely...rarely...rarely will you ever hear me say, or read a post with the word "fan" in it. Probably only 2 times. It will be followed either by the name Patti Smith or Gene Simmons.
If he pulled out a red card, I would not be surprised in the least. And, I stopped tacking the words "de facto" before Satanist when talking about Simmons a long time ago.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#396292 - 09/28/09 03:52 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: NapalmNick]
Screamer_Pipe Offline
CoS Member

Loc: In the Shadows
Staring on his own show Gene Simmons family jewels hahaha!..more like Gene Simmons family Jew! .Gene was the devil of the band ill give him that, he attracted me to there record covers..however when I listened to the music it was Crap!!

This should of been on the pale horse down stairs.

Edited by Screamer_Pipe (09/28/09 04:10 PM)

#396341 - 09/28/09 09:46 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: Screamer_Pipe
Staring on his own show Gene Simmons family jewels hahaha!..more like Gene Simmons family Jew!

Why are you so obsessed with Jews?

Quote:
however when I listened to the music it was Crap!!

This should of been on the pale horse down stairs.

Granted I'm not a fan of KISS myself, but what does the music have to with the obituary thread, or this thread for that matter?

#396360 - 09/29/09 02:29 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

All he talked about was money.He said the music was crap it was about money and murchandise.I hate people like him.

Rev. Bill's question was:

Why are you so obssessed with Jews?

And Gene didn't say the music was crap. He said he was in it for the money and he wouldn't trust anyone who claims they do not want to make money.

Regardless of the fact that KISS are not the most adept musicians they have still utilised what they do have to establish themselves as one of the best live bands anyone is likely to see. They give value for money in return.

One does not have to be a fan of the band to see the many Satanic aspects of the KISS phenomenon.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#396362 - 09/29/09 02:37 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Screamer_Pipe Offline
CoS Member

yeap fair enough Rev_Strongbone there shows were big.

However I couldnt believe the pretentious crap that was coming from his mouth.

I am not obssessed with jews.

I am not obssesed with anything for that matter apart from hot woman,as every man should be.

The family jew thing was merely a play on words.

nothing more.

To sensitive for some maybe?

#396363 - 09/29/09 02:45 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> To sensitive for some maybe? <<

I doubt anyone here is sensitive about the matter. But it may well provoke the curiosity of some, since you mention Jews frequently.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#396377 - 09/29/09 06:08 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Screamer_Pipe Offline
CoS Member

whatever happened to my first ammendment rights to freedom of speech?

* the right to seek information and ideas;
* the right to receive information and ideas;
* the right to impart information and ideas.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Hail Satan.

Edited by Screamer_Pipe (09/29/09 06:11 AM)

#396378 - 09/29/09 06:27 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Screamer_Pipe Offline
CoS Member

One does not have to be a fan of the band to see the many Satanic aspects of the KISS phenomenon.

Since when did Satanism become about money.

>The Joker burns money<(now thats Satanic)<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkkfuSizc4

What exactly is Satanic about gene simmons or KISS is it the dark glasses? or the make up?

Edited by Screamer_Pipe (09/29/09 06:39 AM)

#396379 - 09/29/09 06:35 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

whatever happened to my first ammendment [sic] rights to freedom of speech?

While I can't speak for Rev. Strongbone, I suspect he'd find that plea of yours amusing, since he (and many other readers here) don't live in the U.S.

Besides, hiding behind the "First Amendment" doesn't work here. This is a privately owned message board. Magister Ventrue and the appointed moderators of this board have the right to censor anything they see fit. Nobody's forcing you to participate here.

But all this is irrelevant. Nobody is censoring you from using the word "Jew". I just found your very frequent tossing about of the word to be rather curious. Though I'm finding your defensiveness over this to be even more curious.

Quote:
Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

Nice copy & paste job.

#396380 - 09/29/09 06:40 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Screamer_Pipe Offline
CoS Member

thanks mate id like to thank wikipedia smile

I live in New Zealand bud.

We are pretty laid back here aye.

I thought this forum is frequented by Americans more than any other countrys, that I would be on the right track with the freedom of speech if you know what I am saying.

Edited by Screamer_Pipe (09/29/09 06:46 AM)

#396387 - 09/29/09 08:35 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

That made me laugh. Yeah...damn success..how unSatanic is that..zombie

#396389 - 09/29/09 08:56 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:

We are pretty laid back here aye.

Oh jeez, did he really just try to use his location as an excuse for his behaviour? And New Zealand at that?

Please sir, don't ever refer to New Zealand in your posts again lest those of us who are articulate New Zealanders be tarred with the same brush! wink

Gene Simmons is the S-H-I-T. Accept it and move on.

#396390 - 09/29/09 09:06 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

This section of the forum is called "Satanism By Example". The "crap" that was coming from his mouth has more to do with Satanism than any of your posts here. You seem to be completely lost.

#396391 - 09/29/09 09:11 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I do not think he even knows what the word pretentious means. wink

#396394 - 09/29/09 09:49 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair

Greed is one of those wonderfully selfish sins that is still condemned by both left wing liberals and conservative Christians, alike! I think of it as being one of the great examples of the self gratifying nature of Satanism; after all, greed and selfishness go so the nicely together.

And no, burning money is not Satanic; it’s stupid, destructive and wasteful!

It's like my sig says…

Edited by John Prophet (09/29/09 09:50 AM)

#396445 - 09/29/09 05:40 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Magister Ventrue and the appointed moderators of this board have the right to censor anything they see fit. Nobody's forcing you to participate here.

But all this is irrelevant. Nobody is censoring you from using the word "Jew".

Allow me to chime in officially as a Moderator with the power to edit or delete any damn thing I want to (but only as per Magister Ventrue's instructions and wishes). Or even ban people permanently.

No one has censored a damn thing here. Every word is as he typed. It's one thing to be a crybaby about having content edited or deleted, but it's just... mindbogglingly stupid... to be a crybaby about something that hasn't even happened.

We mods do not delete or edit the majority of the stupidity here (unless it violates LttD board policy).

We usually leave it exactly as is so the non-stupid members can rip it to shreds and humiliate the deserving party.

#396448 - 09/29/09 05:52 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this board. Bravo! zombie

#396455 - 09/29/09 06:50 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

What exactly is Satanic about gene simmons or KISS is it the dark glasses? or the make up?

One need not wear dark glasses or flashy makeup to have Satanic qualities. Appearances do mean a lot, but they do not have to always be so obvious.

Mr. Simmons has made it in his own life big time. Not to mention the fact that his face and namesake is synonymous with KISS, which has influence almost everywhere, not just music.

Millions of people look up to him, giving him their psychological attention and energies. The man is a master of Lesser Magic and a brilliant entrepreneur. Regardless of his ethnic heritage, these are extremely Satanic things.

Whether anybody likes it or not, money is the fuel of success.

Gene is doing exactly what he wants to do with his success, which is highly Satanic. He has an outstanding attitude, and is a dazzling example of the Third Side kind of man who can be a gentleman and a smart ass all at the same time.

#396497 - 09/30/09 01:58 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
J. Favenris Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Alright, since I'm not a frequent visitor to this website I always try to refrain from attacking a person's stupidity but I can't help myself on this one. Screamer_Pipe, you have made some unsupported insults towards a man that has been appreciated in this thread. This has nothing to do with "censorship" but rather you not being coherent in your arguments and giving the board the proper respect of posting something intelligent and of worth.

I'd like to see how you compare to him economically and how many business ventures you have embarked on. Pretentiousness is talking big and not being able to offer the goods. I think 19 million records is good enough for that.

To sensitive for some maybe?

Though some of the members here believe racialism and eugenics is an important aspect of human biology that is being neglected, that doesn't make cheap racial insults glamorized. Your statement was not even in good context, most likely just thrown in for cheap thrills and reaction (which you received).

whatever happened to my first ammendment rights to freedom of speech

And what does the first American amendment have to do with you...

[...]

I thought this forum is frequented by Americans more than any other countrys, that I would be on the right track with the freedom of speech if you know what I am saying.

…when you don't even live in the United States? This forum is frequented by SATANISTS who believe that quality surpasses quantity, in which most believe that those who don't have anything of value to say should just keep their mouth shut. No, we're not "laid back." Leave that to the indiscriminate.

If that's your interpretation of Doktor LaVey's works, then I don't understand why you are a member of this organization, which encourages its members to reach high peaks of health, materialism, and self aggrandizement. Burning money is counterproductive and plain stupid. Even donating it to charity would serve a better use.

Letters to the Devil is a forum for the Alien ELITE and I don't understand what you are doing here. To the owner and moderators of this site, sorry for flying off of the handle. I really couldn't help myself with this one...

#396523 - 09/30/09 08:08 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Hail Satan.

I would like to point out that, even though no moderator edited your posts, if they did it would not violate your free speech, even if you resided in the USA.

Correct me if I'm wrong (those of you who know better), but free speech applies solely to government interference. A privately owned and operated message board can censor as much or as little as they see fit.

So if Obama came in here and told you to shut the fuck up, it would violate your free speech. But not in a private message board that you are expressing yourself on of your own free will.

#396537 - 09/30/09 10:14 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Zaftig]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

I'm not a law expert, but...

Originally Posted By: Zaftig
Correct me if I'm wrong (those of you who know better), but free speech applies solely to government interference. A privately owned and operated message board can censor as much or as little as they see fit.

The actual wording of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, at least the part regarding speech, is "Congress shall make no law [...] abridging the freedom of speech". This doesn't mean you're protected in saying anything about everything, anywhere anytime. As the old saying goes, you can't walk into a crowded movie theater and yell "Fire!" just as a joke. Likewise we have laws against outright slander, etc. Rather, it means the government can't make it federally illegal to selectively disallow certain things to talk about.

Also, since again this is a privately-run board, meaning no people's tax dollars are being used to fund it, the owners have the right to allow or censor whatever talk they want (though as Rev. Daark pointed out, there really isn't a whole lot of censoring here). Ironically, setting up such rules IS exercising one's freedom of speech. If somebody doesn't like it, they're equally free to set up their own message board with their own rules.

Quote:
So if Obama came in here and told you to shut the fuck up, it would violate your free speech.

Well the President isn't Congress; he's the "Executive" branch. He can veto a law that comes through Congress, but strictly speaking, the First Amendment deals with Congress. Still, he can't just shut down any talk group he doesn't like, unless maybe it placed posed a threat to national security (e.g. some disgruntled employee from the Pentagon had the secret launch codes for nukes, and decided to post them here).

#396538 - 09/30/09 10:14 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Zaftig]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

100% correct.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#396552 - 09/30/09 12:05 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Zaftig]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Zaftig

So if Obama came in here and told you to shut the fuck up, it would violate your free speech. But not in a private message board that you are expressing yourself on of your own free will.

Very good point smile I've heard some people suggest that in forum discussions comparing your opponent to Hitler should make you loose by default. I think the same should apply when invoking free speech.

Getting back to Gene Simmons, I noted that this months issue of previews had an announcement from IDW with "Simmons Comics Group Omnibus vol. 1". Which collects his comic book ventures such as Zipper, Dominatrix and House of Horrors.

For some reason his comic franchise didn't do as well as one would have expected. The ideas felt sound to me though. I read some of the issues of "Dominatrix" and thought they were fun - quite a few female heroes have the dominatrix look in their outfit anyway, so why not ahve one that actually is one smile

#396564 - 09/30/09 03:00 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: verszou]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: verszou

Getting back to Gene Simmons, I noted that this months issue of previews had an announcement from IDW with "Simmons Comics Group Omnibus vol. 1". Which collects his comic book ventures such as Zipper, Dominatrix and House of Horrors.

Keep your eye out for his son's work, too. If he is half as industrious as his father, he will be doing more comic work in the future.

#396609 - 09/30/09 08:34 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Simmons is very good!

Agreed! Simmons I have always liked! Rollins I liked when I was naive, idealistic, young and poor. I still have a bit of a soft spot for his music, however his Socialist / victim mentality rantings on his show sicken me and make me wonder why I ever liked him in the first place.. Perhaps he is simply being the hero (which is a Satanic thing) to the ones who made him and continue to place him on a pedestal which could make him a defacto as well.

This video was certainly FUN to watch given the position Rollins projects outwardly over several years as compared to Gene's consistent natural disposition.
Cheers!
HS! coopdevil

Edited by Magister_Lang (09/30/09 08:58 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#396612 - 09/30/09 09:12 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Magister_Lang]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

I think Kiss' longevity and commercial success can be attributed to the fact that they just did everything a hundred times bigger than everyone else. When they played live, they made it into a huge spectacle. When they put out a live album, they made sure you got the best packaged live album ever made.

As for Rollins, I remember him being a very likable person back in the 80s. He never gave anyone any attitude and was always very approachable. Of course being a straight edged health enthusiast in the midst of mostly drug abusing punk rock crowd made him into something of a novelty as well. But once he started doing Gap ads it became pretty obvious that he'd stop making music for music's sake and was only really interested thereafter in making a fast buck.

I guess now that he's exhausted any of his lingering musical impulses he's content to turn out pieces of hack "journalism" for people like Vanity Fair who, it seems, are very easily impressed by tattoos and beetle brows.

Edited by Ushiwakamaru (09/30/09 09:15 PM)

#396629 - 10/01/09 12:48 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster

Keep your eye out for his son's work, too. If he is half as industrious as his father, he will be doing more comic work in the future.

Ah, almost forgot about him, thanks for the reminder. He must have been raised on a steady diet of comic books - back when Gene was working as a schoolteacher he would bring Spider-Man and other Marvel Comics for them to read because he wanted an effective way to keep their attention on the reading.

Man, why were my teachers never like that? smile

#396698 - 10/01/09 04:35 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Unknown User]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
"As for Rollins, I remember him being a very likable person back in the 80s. He never gave anyone any attitude and was always very approachable. Of course being a straight edged health enthusiast in the midst of mostly drug abusing punk rock crowd made him into something of a novelty as well."

Thanks for reminding me. That and the stuff he did with Black Flag, the best Punk band ever in my opinion was certainly what I liked and I still do to this day.
HS! coopdevil

Edited by Magister_Lang (10/01/09 04:36 PM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#396774 - 10/02/09 10:08 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: reprobate
Haha, I love Rollins's nervous laugh whenever Simmons mentions money.

My dad once noted that the way conservatives are about sex, liberals are about power (and by extension, money)---that is, it's dirty, it's base, it's impure, and a person's moral clarity and purity is gauged by their willingness and ability to renounce and transcend it.

I think Gene Simmons makes both sides of the spectrum delightfully uneasy, then wink.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#396806 - 10/02/09 02:14 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: NapalmNick]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Isn’t that the host of that anthology series Night Visions?

I thought I recognized that guy from somewhere.

#396948 - 10/03/09 11:35 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
Totally agree with all the pro Gene stuff. The man is a marketing genius. I however only really like the song "Love Gun".

My cousin and I had a band called GIRTH. It was a thing I called porno rock and when we came out the MC would say "You wanted The widest, You got the widest. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you GIIIIIIRRRRTH!!!"

I read all these great posts, but the interview never came up in the first thread for me..

#396974 - 10/04/09 11:50 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: John Prophet]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Yes, that's him from Night Visions. Great series, that. I didn't realise they still played it though.

#397000 - 10/04/09 02:45 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: SINClair]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: SINClair
I didn't realise they still played it though.

I’m not sure if they do. It's been several years since I've seen it. The last time I saw it, it was playing on the Sci-fi network (now called "Syfy"). I thought that I heard that Chiller (the horror network) might be playing it occasionally as well (I’m not sure what stations you have over there in Europe, so excuse me if you have no idea what I’m talking about).

#397078 - 10/05/09 06:47 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: NapalmNick]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
Shall we add that he also neither drinks nor uses drugs...there is much to be admired in him. He is in control of his life and makes no apology for it.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#397080 - 10/05/09 07:08 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: SueW]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Except for the unfortunate (and involuntary) brownie incident which he relates in his book, Kiss and Make-Up. Quite hilarious. grin

#397081 - 10/05/09 07:21 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
As far as you went, you are correct but in this case, as in so many other things, wikipedia is not a valid or complete source.
It has no academic and so far as I am aware legal standing.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#397150 - 10/05/09 08:51 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Lust Offline

I remember gravitating to the Demon when I was about seven years old. Gene was always my favorite in KISS. I have noted him recommending Friedrich Nietzsche and even comparing him self to the Übermensch. I thought his need to sue King Diamond over face paint was ridiculous but it got them both even more publicity. What a guy! cool

King Diamond Interview

Edited by Tier Instinct (10/05/09 08:53 PM)
Edit Reason: Add Link
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#397153 - 10/05/09 09:14 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Gene is the man.

Next!

grin

#397163 - 10/05/09 10:21 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Great interview. I remember discussing Simmons' de facto qualities with our good Mr. Bickley several years ago.

Gene's sentiment reminds me of that espoused in Tool's song, Hooker With a Penis, particularly the lyrics in bold:

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a dope beastie-tee, nipple rings, and new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, from '92, the first EP. and in between sips of coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man. Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger you should know that I'm the man, and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, and you bought one. So I've got some Advice for you, little buddy. Before you point your finger You should know that I'm the man. If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well, So you can Point that fuckin' finger up your ass. All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one. All you read and Wear or see and Hear on TV Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar So ... Shut up and Buy my new record Send more money Fuck you, buddy.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#397227 - 10/06/09 10:45 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

There are lots of other interviews with Simmons out there, but another notable one I think is his interview on NPR. It makes one wonder who exactly is interviewing who here. The YouTube comments are, as you can imagine, amusing in their ignorance. There's a lot of wonderful Satanic manipulation going on here, and people who dismiss Simmons as being simply "sexist" or "cold" will never get it.

#397240 - 10/06/09 12:22 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Bwahaha, that is brilliant.

#397260 - 10/06/09 04:04 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Haha! That's hilarious.

Gene: As a woman, of course, you have the ability to sell your body, then get the money and with that get the food, but ultimately money is part of it.
Interviewer: Did you hear? You are weird!
Gene: Really? How do you get food?

#397271 - 10/06/09 05:47 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Bill_M]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Gene is the man! coopdevil

#397325 - 10/07/09 05:28 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Hagen von Tronje Offline
CoS Priest

Rarely have I found so much bullshit from one source in one thread - and I refer to you, not Simmons.

You're not obsessessed with Jews, but you bring them up rather frequently, along with Nazism. I really don't think you're fooling anyone here. Which is your prerogative, Satanism takes no stance on politics, but I can't say you've impressed me as well informed.

Money isn't Satanic - but setting it on fire is? Feel free to give me your money so I can burn it. I'll make damn sure it gets properly consumed...by flames, of course.

But this one made me laugh the hardest:

I am not obssesed with anything for that matter apart from hot woman,as every man should be.

What are you, fucking twelve?

#397330 - 10/07/09 06:43 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Quaark]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Quote:
We usually leave it exactly as is so the non-stupid members can rip it to shreds and humiliate the deserving party.

Mina stands up and applauds after reading this statement!

Thank you.

#397334 - 10/07/09 07:53 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Various people here (and everywhere else) have various fetishes which take the apparent form of animosity and hostility to the object of their fetishes.

They bring the same thing up over and over again; any subject may be used as an excuse to negatively fetishize in public, making sure everyone is well aware of their fetish.

It is easy to distinguish between a negative fetishization for "X", and a genuine straightforward animosity for "X".

Genuine animosity attacks "X" directly, with logical arguments for the dislike.

Negative fetishization has an obsessive quality which requires that "X" somehow get shoehorned in to as many disparate subjects as possible, however obliquely; and with a strong and strange non sequitur flavor which strikes those without the negative fetish as odd and inappropriate.

Radical feminists who can't stop thinking about those evil cocks; Blacks who have to "diss honkies" at every possible chance; and so forth.

It's a form of self-imposed mental slavery, projected outwardly.

Edited by Daark (10/07/09 08:18 AM)

#397390 - 10/07/09 02:51 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Why would a Satanist or anyone would want to burn money? Money is a precious thing and should be nurtured, embraced and respected. Even stating a quote like that would only leave you broke, unless you already are, then you'll just remain that way.

Quote:

Well for one thing they are excellent showmen. They still have a huge following after 30 years and they're rich as fuck for it. Stop hatin'!

#397395 - 10/07/09 03:35 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Callier]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I hate money! It's drab, worn, and filthy from everyone's hands.

I'm all too happy to turn it in — for luxury goods and services.

#397424 - 10/07/09 05:49 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Quaark]
Hagen von Tronje Offline
CoS Priest

Exactly. Sometimes "freedom of speech" also means "the responsibility of being held accountable for your own dumbass words."

Speaking of American law, we also have "the right to remain silent." Mark Twain would surely agree that it's a damn fine right to exercise.

#403267 - 11/24/09 01:40 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
asmodeus_frost Offline

Simmons is very good!

Agreed.

#410306 - 01/26/10 10:31 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Karakazak666 Offline

Great post! So true. The time for apologizing for our strengths is behind us. We will only offend those we don't want around us anyway.

Thanks for this.

#419275 - 04/21/10 09:34 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Callier]
Infinity Offline

Loc: Maine
If you're going to burn money why not give it to someone who really needs it or donate it to your favorite charity?

#419298 - 04/22/10 05:21 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Svengali]
uranium Offline

What specifically makes him a "worthless cunt" in your eyes?

#426227 - 07/11/10 02:32 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Screamer_Pipe]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California

Hail Satan.

What part of the bill of rights are you getting that from? I can't find that wording anywhere...

#426768 - 07/17/10 07:19 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Pablovilla]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Did you notice you're quoting a 10-month-old post with no relevance whatsoever?

#434461 - 10/07/10 04:25 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Indiana, USA
Bravo Reverend...This quote on the bottom from a loser is priceless "He is Ayn Rand's philosophy&#65279; of objectivism come to life. Disgusting isn't it?"

I say Gene should be honored by all of us as a de facto member.

Always loved him for what he said beyond the band.

HS!

"It has been said, 'the truth will make men free.' The truth alone has never made anyone free. It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation." ~ Magus Anton Sandor LaVey

#434468 - 10/07/10 06:49 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: PriestNocturnum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: WarlockNocturnum

I say Gene should be honored by all of us as a de facto member.

I am not sure if I have said that same thing on the forum...but I have said it off line many times. And people say there is no one for the kids to look up to these days...

#435497 - 10/19/10 10:23 AM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

On a side note, Gene Simmons is now at war with Anonymous (4chan). Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance against them. As of today, genesimmons.com is unavailable.

Read more here: Simmons gets haxored.

#435509 - 10/19/10 02:29 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Article
Simmons has made unsympathetic statements over the past few years toward people who download or share music files for free. That apparently got Anonymous' goat, and they targeted Simmons' website, Genesimmons.com, in a campaign called "Operation Payback" featuring a pirate ship reminiscent of The Pirate Bay logo.

This kind of thing is absurd and hideously unacceptable. The Internet is far too vital a tool to allow these types of socially irresponsible criminals and worthless egalitarian idealists to wield this much power or influence over it. I truly hope that we see an increasingly greater crack down on the sort of thing by law enforcement and that these idiots suffer and rot as a result of their own repulsive actions.

#437075 - 11/05/10 01:57 PM Re: Gene Simmons [Re: Luigi]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
KISS was an old childhood favorite of mine. I recall being in grade school buying KISS cards (like baseball cards with chewing gum) and seeing the KISS pinball game in arcades. The old KISS toys, makeup sets, and DC comics -- all wonderful memories that I still cherish. The Destroyer album was the first KISS record I was introduced to as a child with classic Gene Simmons songs like "God of Thunder" (actually written by Paul Stanley) and "Great Expectations."

Speaking from experience, I agree that KISS has always been a great live act. About 1986 I went to the Asylum tour, which was actually my first metal concert. I thought W.A.S.P. was loud when they opened the show, but there was no comparison to the volume that KISS used. But as they say, if it's too loud, you're too old. I saw KISS for the Crazy Nights tour in 1988 with Ted Nugent as the opener. Of course, I have nothing but respect for Mr. Nugent, but he was no match for Gene Simmons and KISS.

It goes without saying that KISS has influenced countless eighties bands such as Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, etc. as well as later outfits like Marilyn Manson. Still, although these groups have some merit on their own, they are still imitations.

From "Calling Dr. Love" to "Psycho Circus" .......Hail KISS! and Hail Gene Simmons!

Edited by ColemanCollins (11/05/10 01:59 PM)

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12289 Members
73 Forums
43885 Topics
404460 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM