Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#396689 - 10/01/09 02:55 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Delta]
PsychOff Offline

I heard that in America the new film about Charles Darwin: Creation isn't being released, no distributor wants to touch it. Are there any independent distributors on the case perhaps? I live in England so it's already released here, I feel sorry for you guys.

#396695 - 10/01/09 03:57 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: PsychOff]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
From Wikipedia:

"According to Jeremy Thomas, the United States was one of the last countries to find a distributor due to the prominence of the Creation–evolution controversy.[4] On September 24, 2009, Variety reported that Newmarket Films acquired the rights to the movie and plans to release it in December in the US."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_(2009_film)

Every large American city have independent theaters that show (of course) independent films. I am sure this will be released in those theaters.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#402423 - 11/18/09 12:24 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Lust]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
Sorry to bring back a dead topic.

I go to school at University of North Texas in Denton. Today I was walking to my History class. There is a short cut to get there; you have to go pass what is called the "free speech" section, where normally they have preachers yelling at you to repent for your sins, yadda yadda yadda.

Well today, I was walking by and they were handing out actual books. Normally they hand out little jesus flyers. Someone offers me one, I ask what it is; they say The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. I am excited to see someone handing out something actually worth reading. I take it, and as I have it in my hand the man says "and it has an introduction by Ray Comfort!."

So, I just got a free copy of The Origin of Species! But, it's odd that a christian group is handing out this book. None the less, I will now put this in my reading list behind 5 other books... So many books, so little time wink

Edited by mb_goatis (11/18/09 06:18 PM)

#402492 - 11/18/09 09:20 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: mb_goatis]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: mb_goatis
Well today, I was walking by and they were handing out actual books. Normally they hand out little jesus flyers. Someone offers me one, I ask what it is; they say The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. I am excited to see someone handing out something actually worth reading. I take it, and as I have it in my hand the man says "and it has an introduction by Ray Comfort!."

I started thinking back on The Ninth Satanic Statement as I read your post and how evident it is in this case.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#402618 - 11/19/09 05:02 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Lust]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
Originally Posted By: mb_goatis

I started thinking back on The Ninth Satanic Statement as I read your post and how evident it is in this case.

Holy Shit! That is a quite literal interpretaion,eh?

#402658 - 11/19/09 10:24 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Lust]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

He plans to hand out free copies of the book at Universities across the United States. He contends that " evolution has no support, brainwashes people, and has a direct connection to Adolph Hitler." It is my opinion that Christian fanatics will be on the rise again as they try to keep their dieing religion alive by any means that will draw attention.

Click Here to read the entire story.

Thoughts?

Yeah. If one sets a typical 100% devoted Christian and a Schizophrenic next to each other, what would be the difference between the two?

Both hear the booming male voice every now and then, both see spirits or "invisible people", both feel some weird "spiritual" feelings.

Both are really nuts and that guy you mention proves it... It's connected to Hitler? LOL!!!

That Christian has lost it!

Edited by LordOfDarkness (11/19/09 11:57 PM)
Edit Reason: Started a new topic

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#402925 - 11/22/09 10:32 AM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Lust]
Ramses501 Offline

Loc: PA
I find it disrespectful that any publisher would allow such an introduction to a great piece of work. Charles Darwin was a brilliant man and his findings and published info are based on natural obervation and study ONLY. Very sad!!!!

#402934 - 11/22/09 12:55 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Ramses501]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
I wouldn't worry too much about this, the only ones who will be fooled,are fools.

The only ones who will take what Mr. Banana Splits says as the unswayed word of God,already did,and always will.

Just look at as one less person standing in front of you where all the REAL literature is in B&N

#402936 - 11/22/09 02:05 PM Re: Father of Evolution turns in his grave [Re: Ramses501]
Lust Offline

Public Domain comes into play regarding the issue. Sounds a bit like Pirate Code or some other silly nonsense to me.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#404239 - 12/01/09 10:30 PM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Lust]
Lust Offline

I received a mailing from Abe Books today and thought it would be a nice addition to this thread.

The best part? No Banana Man! whistle

On the Origin of Species - the covers from 1859 to today

#407829 - 01/06/10 02:06 PM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Lust]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I'm late to the game on this one but I just ran across the video series on youtube that accompanies the book.

Video 1
The rest can be found in succession.

The woman in the the video actually mentions the words 'herd conformity' with regard to atheists in the first few minutes. smile

#407854 - 01/06/10 06:57 PM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Fnord]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Fnord
I'm late to the game on this one but I just ran across the video series on youtube that accompanies the book.

Wow, what a dumb cunt. I could maybe understand people being stupid enough to be creationists back before the discovery of DNA and (more importantly) before the rise of literacy rates. But you have to be really, really ignorant to be a creationist in the 21st century. Were they ALL absent from that day of 8th grade science class, when the teacher taught the difference between "hypothesis" and "theory"?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#407858 - 01/06/10 07:47 PM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Bill_M]
TheAbysmal Offline

From the first 10 seconds of the video, it is apparent they were absent when the teacher taught "conjecture".

But, then again, there are those parochial schools.

I went to one from 4th through 8th grade. The state hosted a Junior Academy of Science. Sixth through 8th grade were allowed and encouraged to attend. The idea was to formulate a hypothesis, formulate an experiment, test it, and reach a conclusion. Evaluations of one's experiment occurred at school, regional, and state levels.

I hypothesized that one could alter the voltage of an electrical current. Never mind that I did not even know what the hell voltage was at that age. I picked it right out of the 6th grade science book. Had to work.

It did not.

I must have screwed something up. To this day, not sure what it was I screwed up, but I got a blue ribbon at the state level anyway.

My hypothesis was a theory.

It did not get any better through the eight grade, though next years solar water heater actually worked.

These people are just picking this shit right out of a book (or broadcast, other person that told them, etc).

And, it is not a theory, either.

It is not even mysticism.

Refuse to die.

#407890 - 01/07/10 12:20 AM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Fnord]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
LOL I love the theme music

*I can't get past evolution, just can't get past evolution*

Thats gold.

#407914 - 01/07/10 08:46 AM Re: Alternatives of course [Re: Bill_M]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Were they ALL absent from that day of 8th grade science class, when the teacher taught the difference between "hypothesis" and "theory"?

Evidently!

I don't know if anyone stuck it out and watched the whole thing, but there are parts where she talks about Lucy and Piltdown Man being largely scientific constructs ... all while wearing her sardonic little smile as if to insinuate that her belief, the one that says that Skydaddy pointed his finger and made everything, is really the most reasonable answer to the questions. Everyone knows evolution has problems/gaps/issues but at least it's not making stuff up out of whole cloth to fill in the gaps.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements