Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#39710 - 05/13/04 08:22 PM Re: A Ponderable Question [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You forgot the Easter Bunny/Santa Claus question!

Please see my "confession" above.

These issues must be resolved!

#39711 - 05/13/04 08:25 PM What I would ask God. [Re: Steve_79]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Okay, God. Is the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus the same guy? Like Clark Kent and Superman? You never see them at the same time at the shopping malls.

Well????

Inquiring minds want to know!

#39712 - 05/13/04 08:26 PM Pointy stick [Re: Neko]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Have you been talking to Mel Gibson?

#39713 - 05/13/04 08:27 PM Re: A Ponderable Question
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I would have used the old whoopie cushion on him.

#39714 - 05/13/04 08:30 PM Re: A Ponderable Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sincerest apologies for this - I haven't read all of the replies, as I don't have the time. However, I wanted to toss this comment in as a little afterthought.

I think God DOES exist. I would assert that due to all the decisions (legal and otherwise) that have been made in "his" dubious name, he is intertwined in our daily lives to an alarming extent. This of course can be marginilized thankfully - "Do not complain about that which you need not subject yourself to"...

But that's not the point. The bottom line is, that if God existed as the Christians say he does, it wouldn't make one iota of difference - I'd still disagree with him philosophically, and would therefore ignore him, as I ignore the other buffoons with holier than thou attitudes, and evangelical diatribes.

A bit like now really.

#39715 - 05/14/04 12:08 AM Re: A Ponderable Question
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
In the event that all the Christian mythos were proven to be irrefutably true, I would want to know if Heaven was truly worth all of the ass-kissing required to enter, or if I'd have more fun down below.
In the case of the former, I would do anything I could to ensure my entrance, because any requirement, no matter how unpleasant, would still be a means to a desirable end.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#39716 - 05/14/04 02:29 AM Re: God is real? [Re: Nemo]
Citizen Jonesy Online
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Quote:

So you are asking me that if it could be proven that the Judeo-Islamic-Christian deity, YHVH-Allah-Jehovah, the manic-depressive, homocidal maniac of legend and lore, were real what would I do?

Keep a low profile!

I have a better idea in that situation, Magister.

RUN!!! I would!
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#39717 - 05/14/04 02:36 AM Nothing personal.
Moria Offline

Many of your posts are the size of novellas. Ordinarily, being this verbose wouldn't irritate me, and since you seem to have geniunely interesting things to discuss (usually) I'm willing to overlook this particular shortcoming. Try to write less like you're writing in your diary and get to the point a little faster, all that text is quite an eye strain.

Remember, no offense, nothing personal, etc...
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#39718 - 05/14/04 03:46 AM Re: A Ponderable Question
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
I thank you for your responce, but you being "god" to yourself and of yourself isn't quite what I was asking about.

And, that wasn't quite what I was talking about. If that is what I meant, that is what I would have said.

#39719 - 05/14/04 05:27 AM Re: A Ponderable Question
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
I'd have some pointed questions for him, as would a lot of other people, I'd imagine. First and foremost: why did you give us all these instincts and then set up the rules in direct contradiction to them? If he's got a sound, logical answer to that (preferably in 25 single-syllable words or less) I'd be willing to listen.The debate could go from there until he either convinces me, or he doesn't. And if he can't give me a sound, logical explanation (any length & multi-syllabic) . . . well, need I say?

Oh, yes: if--whatever the outcome--I'd have to do everything the fundamentalists say in order to get into heaven, I'd continue doing my own satanic thing, then when the time came to die I'd accept the last rites, which would clear my slate & stamp my ticket into heaven, although I'm not really sure I'd want to go. Imagine spending eternity over cocktails with Jim & Tammy Baker. Hopefully, despite the clean slate and stamped ticket, I'd still have the option of taking the express elevator down.

#39720 - 05/14/04 08:14 AM Re: A Ponderable Question [Re: Nemo]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
Hmmm...yeah...why don't you ever see 'em together?
After the good Magister's advisement, the game is now afoot!
I'll be starting my investigation here . And when I receive each sample, they will be thouroughly analyzed for ANY similarities. It has been noted that this "Santa" and this "Easter Bunny" cross their 'Ts' in a very, very similar style. While this is far from conclusive, it is,I believe, a step in the right direction.
I have taken into account the purported cunning of my quarry, and am completely prepared, should the need arise, to compare type-written letters-for inks, typos, and fibers.

#39721 - 05/14/04 08:16 AM Re: A Ponderable Question [Re: Dan_Dread]
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
Not the easter bunny but definitely santa back when I was four or five. There is a slight difference between stories told to children for a bit of fun and stories told to adults to control them. Having been surrounded by catholics all my life, christian family, catholic school, the existence of god actually is something I had think about. If I didn't think about it I'd probably be on my knees in front of a catholic priest right now!

#39722 - 05/14/04 08:31 AM Re: A Ponderable Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

But it's not a name - I read it in "Watchtower". As a matter of reference, I'm led to believe his name is actually YHVH, or Jehovah.

I think I'll stick with Fred.

#39723 - 05/14/04 10:06 AM Re: A shocking confession. [Re: Nemo]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
On the subject...
I have spent many hours pondering over how Santa get's from one mall to the next with such blinding speed. Truely amazing!
I wonder what his secret is.........
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#39724 - 05/14/04 10:19 AM Re: A shocking confession. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>I have spent many hours pondering over how Santa
>get's [sic] from one mall to the next with such
>blinding speed. Truely [sic] amazing!

Well, if he can visit millions of chimneys in one night, then I'm sure mall-hopping is no large task.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements