Topic Options
#397270 - 10/06/09 05:45 PM Unofficial Book(s) ?
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Someone mentioned in this thread having read, what I had the impression was, an actual book by ASL entitled Letters From The Devil.

As I had only heard of Letters From The Devil as being a column ASL used to write and not an actual book, I did a search on Google and this book came up.

Is this an official publication? Because I do not see any mention of it on the Church of Satan website.

The other book featuring on the above website as well, Die Satanischen however, does ring a bell... if I am not mistaking, it is either the actual official German translation of TSB, or it's a book on Satanism an official CoS Reverend from Germany, Chris Redstar wrote? Or was it someone else? Or am I wrong on both accounts, and could this one too be an unofficial publication?

Thanks for the clarification, in advance.

#397274 - 10/06/09 06:05 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: SINClair]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

The "Letters from the Devil" is a compilation of Doc's column from someone's private collection. It's not an official publication.

To the best of my knowledge, the German translation of the Bible, Rituals and Essays is an offically sanction translation. I don't know if Rev. Redstar was the one who translated it.
Prevention of Virtue

#397276 - 10/06/09 06:11 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: SINClair]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: SINClair
Is this an official publication? Because I do not see any mention of it on the Church Of Satan website.

It's a compilation of LaVey's articles from the "Letters from the Devil" column. I have a copy myself. I think it was compiled with the help of either Reverend Kevin I. Slaughter, Reverend Chris X, or both, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's not among the list of Official COS publications.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#397278 - 10/06/09 06:22 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: LKRice]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Herr Slesk adds:

Quote:
The German translations of Herr Doktor's work is done by a little old school teacher from Berlin called Ingrid Meyer.
Prevention of Virtue

#397399 - 10/07/09 03:52 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: LKRice]
SINClair Offline

Aah, thank you both for the clarification. I thought it was odd because the book is not mentioned in the official CoS website and rarely it is spoken of. I wonder why that is. This was the very first time I ever hear someone talking about it.

How about this other one Die Satanischen? If it is not the translation of TSB to German, what book is it? I've heard that Reverend RedStar wrote a book (or maybe more than one), I wonder if this is it (or one of them?)? In the website above it claims to be a translated collection to German of both, Satan Speaks! and The Devil's Notebook.

As it does not have a search engine, I am finding it difficult to find it in the CoS official website.

#397401 - 10/07/09 04:03 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: SINClair]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Quote:
I thought it was odd because the book is not mentioned in the official CoS website and rarely it is spoken of. I wonder why that is.

Because it was only compiled a few months ago and offered to a select number of individuals.

Quote:
How about this other one Die Satanischen?

I'm assuming you're referring to Die Satanischen Essays?

Quote:
In the website above it claims to be a translated collection to German of both, Satan Speaks! and The Devil's Notebook.

That's correct.

Quote:
As it does not have a search engine, I am finding it difficult to find it in the CoS official website.

The book came out eight years ago, so you'll have to look further back on the CoS News page.
Prevention of Virtue

#397412 - 10/07/09 05:06 PM Re: Unofficial Book(s) ? [Re: LKRice]
SINClair Offline

Quote:
Because it was only compiled a few months ago and offered to a select number of individuals.

Ah, I take it that the websites listed on GoodReads.com only have a select few copies in stock for sale then. Good to know. Let's hurry and get one.

Thanks again.

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements