Topic Options
#397301 - 10/06/09 09:17 PM "Dark Doctrine"
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have found a video about Satanism on the internet. For the most part I believe it is legitimate, but there was something that I noticed that I’m not familiar with. As per board policy, I won’t post a direct link to the site but rather, I will give an excerpt from the video:

“Many Satanists also understand Satanism in terms of what can be called “Dark Doctrine”. This idea holds that Satan can be thought of as a dark force which permeates and motivates all matter and energy. This is not to be thought of as some spiritual entity, but rather a very real force in nature which exerts its influence on material existence. “

The quote speaks of “Many Satanists”, but I have never heard the term “Dark Doctrine”. I have read the Satanic Bible,as well as other texts, but do not recall ever seeing this term. My question is: is “Dark Doctrine” a real CoS term or was it created elsewhere? I don’t want to adopt a term that hails from a non-credible source.

#397304 - 10/06/09 10:04 PM Re: "Dark Doctrine" [Re: ROA]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If you would, PM me with the link and I'll do some research.

Offhand it seems to be a colorful reference to the Satanic philosophy etc, but I would like to hear it in full context.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#397306 - 10/06/09 10:27 PM Re: "Dark Doctrine" [Re: ROA]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It didn't take long to realize and confirm that this is a term used by a group that is pseudo-Satanic; they refer to their ideas and concepts as the dark doctrine.

Definitely not related to the COS.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#397307 - 10/06/09 10:43 PM Re: "Dark Doctrine" [Re: Phineas]
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
I thought perhaps it was written in one of the other books, such as the Satanic Rituals. At one point I was considering adopting this term, but I had to be sure first. Thank you for your time Magister.

#397308 - 10/06/09 10:59 PM Re: "Dark Doctrine" [Re: ROA]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

My pleasure.

#397389 - 10/07/09 02:47 PM Re: "Dark Doctrine" [Re: ROA]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: ROA
I thought perhaps it was written in one of the other books, such as the Satanic Rituals.

I've seen the term "Dark Doctrines" used loosely by COS members from time to time, but there's no such thing as "THE Dark Doctrines". They're not a specific set of books or anything. It's just a general term for any source of knowledge, perhaps completely overlooked by the common eye, that helps contribute to your own understanding of lesser and greater magic.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements