Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#400238 - 10/30/09 07:09 PM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I was just considering that! Perhaps such criminalistic activites occur because their demonic elements are supressed?

#400239 - 10/30/09 07:13 PM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: Shade]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Thanks for the info Shade.

Studying forensic investigation brings a full plate alone but I have a big appetite. wink

Edited by Unknown (10/30/09 07:15 PM)

#400242 - 10/30/09 07:22 PM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: John Prophet]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
One thing I’d like to point out is that, although 3 o' clocks might be more “head” oriented in their approach (as opposed to people on the left side of the clock who are “heart” oriented); that doesn't necessarily mean that they are actually more intelligent than people on one left side of the clock.

That's a worthy point. I think the method of the crime may reveal more about which side of the clock one may be on.

#400243 - 10/30/09 08:07 PM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: Unknown]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Lombroso and Bertillon are both mentioned in most of the forensic science books I've read. "History of...", "Introduction to...", a section like that. Probably not the sort of thing necessary to process a murder scene nowadays but I think it's neat to learn about the beginnings. Lays a kind of foundation.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#400245 - 10/30/09 08:44 PM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: J. Hagalaz]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: JEHJr
Another thing worth considering is the possibility that certain individual’s criminal activities could very well be an expression of their demonic.

I think you're right--especially in cases where people quote-unquote "snap," or have been repressed or suppressed for an extended period of time.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#400273 - 10/31/09 12:55 AM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: Shade]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I have been reading Crime Scene by Larry Ragle and The Forensic Case Book by N.E. Genge. I like Mr. Ragle's book much more than Genge's so far but both contain decent info. What books have you read if I may ask Ms. Shade?

Edited by Unknown (10/31/09 01:42 AM)

#400291 - 10/31/09 05:18 AM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: Unknown]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Oh gosh, I'm going to have to go off of memory (my personal library is spread over three states right now) so this is most likely incomplete but...

Books specifically about forensic science (so, not including the ones whose main focus is a murder case, death, dissection, anatomy, bones etc):

Dead Men Do Tell Tales by Dr. Maples
Death's Acre by Dr. Bass
Corpse: Nature, Forensics, and the Struggle to Pinpoint Time of Death by Jessica Snyder Sachs
Witnesses from the Grave: The Stories Bones Tell (about Dr. Clyde Snow, forensic anthropologist) by Christopher Joyce
No Stone Unturned: The True Story of the World's Premier Forensic Investigators by Steve Jackson
Forensic Pathology of Trauma: Common Problems for the Pathologist by Michael J. Shkrum, MD and David A. Ramsay, MB, ChB
Color Atlas of Forensic Pathology
by Jay Dix

Currently in the "To Read w/in the year" pile:
Bodies We've Buried (Inside the National Forensic Academy, the World's Top CSI Training School) by Jarrett Hallcox and Amy Welch -- I've skimmed this one and it's heavy on criminalistics, procedure, etc. Kind of techincal and may be the sort of thing you'd be interested in.
Bones: A Forensic Detective's Casebook by Dr. Ubelaker & Henry Scammell

Currently on the "To obtain w/in the year and read before I die" list:
Forensics and Fiction: Clever, Intriguing and Downright Odd Questions from Crime Writers by D.P. Lyle M.D.
Forensic Art Essentials: A Manual for Law Enforcement Artists by Lois Gibson
Forensic Taphonomy: The Postmortem Fate of Human Remains by William Haglund and Marcella Harnish Sorg
Never Suck A Dead Man's Hand: Curious Adventures of a CSI by Dana Kollman
Coroner's Journal: Forensics and the Art of Stalking Death by Louis Cataldie M.D.
Dr. Joe Bell: Model for Sherlock Holmes by Ely Liebow

Brief recaps of forensic science are included in a lot of "true crime" books. Sometimes very detailed histories of the sciences too. For instance, Colin Wilson had an exceptional overview in his The History of Murder (a 600+ page tome on everything from Caligula to the Order of Assassins to the Columbine shooting -- very, very good book!).

Fun stuff. smile

(... and I'll leave it at that before I babble into oblivion, straying waaaaay too far off topic. eek grin )
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#400316 - 10/31/09 11:25 AM Re: LaVey Synthesizer. [Re: Shade]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Wow Shade! I am such a newbie to Forensics right now so my reading material only consists of a few books. So this will help a ton! So if I am adsent from the board for awhile you know why. grin I have been doing a lot of research online for blood spatter analysis since that is the field of Forensics I want to get into.

I'll have to look into Colin Wilson's book since he did a decent job on The Occult.

Edited by Unknown (10/31/09 02:11 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405995 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements