What are the worst treats you remember getting when you went trick or treating?
Here are some of my favorite un-favorites:
1) Raisens - Nature's candy. Wow, really? Not exactly 3 Musketeers, but thanks, lady.
2) Apples - Actually, not so bad if people just handed these to me. It was the big barrel of apples, water, and other people's slobber that made these a bit unsavory.
3) Those Weird Popcorn Balls - What exactly held these together in a ball, I may never know, except it tasted like sweetened Elmer's glue, and the popcorn was stale and rock hard.
4) Candy Corn - This stuff always reminded me of rotten teeth, partly because it looked like rotten, stained teeth, and partly because it tasted like wax and sugar. I remember a comedian once saying it tasted like sugary dust, like it was all made in the early 1950s, and candy corn "manufacturers" were still trying to exhaust this vast supply.
5) Those Strips of Wax Paper with the Candy Dots on Them - The candy dots were okay, I guess. Better than the candy corn anyway, except the dots would never quite come off the wax paper, and I was left to either eat the paper or spit out paper as I accumulated it in my mouth.
Any other contenders?