Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#400379 - 10/31/09 10:04 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Old_Pig]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

I don't agree handing out condoms to trick or treaters but there is nothing wrong with handing them out at an Adult Halloween party. coopdevil

jack Happy Halloween to all!! jack
May your blessings come true.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#400382 - 11/01/09 12:12 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I have to say coins. That was always a drag. Part of the fun was sifting through the candy at the end of the night and the pennies and nickels just got tossed to the side. The candy was the good stuff. laugh

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#400383 - 11/01/09 12:43 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

A dead rat.

#400384 - 11/01/09 12:47 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Was it at least caramel?

#400385 - 11/01/09 12:48 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

No.

#400386 - 11/01/09 12:56 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
What kind of sick weirdo would give a kid a dead rat for Halloween without dipping it in caramel first?

#400390 - 11/01/09 01:29 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
Get any cigarettes with that Coors? smile

Hah, no. This was quite a while ago but I believe the story went that it was the teenage sons who were giving out the fathers beer as a joke when their parents were not home. I know my mother and many others from our neighborhood at the time were very upset about the whole situation - I was about 12 years old at the time.

I do have a few friends who were given stationary once, white out, post it notes, erasers, and pens. I always get a kick out of that story.

#400392 - 11/01/09 02:19 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I was about 13. Me and my friend Shaun knocked on a door one evening and a grinning Asian man opened it and without saying a word pointed a hand-gun at us.

That was the worst treat I ever had.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#400407 - 11/01/09 07:43 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Delta
What kind of sick weirdo would give a kid a dead rat for Halloween without dipping it in caramel first?

The kind who would soon be under psychiatric observation in a mental ward for something else, arrested sometime after that for something ELSE, re-arrested after that for yet something ELSE, sent to prison later on for something ELSE, then finally get killed in prison.

And all because he was too stingy to caramelize his Halloween rat treats.

#400411 - 11/01/09 08:35 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
In my neck of the woods, a lot of parents are positively paranoid about their children eating gluten, sugar, meat, or anything "unnatural." (I've always wondered how many of the children actually have these various sorts of allergies and intolerances, and how many just have parents who hope or assume they do, or who just have those allergies themselves.) So, in some cases, you do have to hand out fruit, raisins, crackers, soy logs, etc., or some parents will be angry with you.

It's so bad that, even when I continued to trick-or-treat as a teen, and then as a young adult, people actually *thanked* me for doing so, because they had no one else to give their real candy, and so I usually ended up getting twice as much. And, you know me, I'm always willing to take a bullet for the sweet little kiddos wink.

I've always considered my family a bit lame, because my mom has always handed out bags of goldfish crackers ever since I was a wee tot.

My policy, meanwhile, is that Halloween is for candy, just like Reno is for lovers. Do unto the kids, as you would've had done unto you, when you were their age!

Originally Posted By: JAU
A can of Coors light beer, no joke - the house was reported to the police by a few angry parents.

As well they should be!

Coors is vile wink .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#400412 - 11/01/09 08:47 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Someone in our neighborhood passed out cups of Kool-Aid one Halloween a year or two after Jonestown took place.
Prevention of Virtue

#400427 - 11/01/09 01:38 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I used to get endless amounts of raisins, which I'd usually give to my dad. My buddies and I would love going to certain homes which gave out cans of Pepsi. My favourite candy were those little Rockets. The first thing I'd do after pouring the bag out on the floor was to hunt for the Rockets.

Edited by JustinR (11/01/09 01:49 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#400430 - 11/01/09 01:55 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: JustinR]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
I got nails once. Me and my sister went to a house with its light on. They apparently didn't know it was trick-or-treat time and where in the process of remodeling. They didn't have any candy but they felt bad and gave me and my sister 2 nails each... yeah. Best Halloween ever.

#400440 - 11/01/09 03:41 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
For a few years when my parents were low on cash, so they'd send me out trick-or-treating and have me come check in at home every now and then, sort my candy, and put two-thirds of it back in our bowl to give out again... at least I got to keep the best stuff.

Thus, I never had cause to complain about lousy candy... I never got to eat it anyway.

~Branwyn

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#400441 - 11/01/09 04:47 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Branwyn]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
Originally Posted By: Branwyn
For a few years when my parents were low on cash, so they'd send me out trick-or-treating and have me come check in at home every now and then, sort my candy, and put two-thirds of it back in our bowl to give out again... at least I got to keep the best stuff.

Thus, I never had cause to complain about lousy candy... I never got to eat it anyway.

~Branwyn

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements