Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#400593 - 11/03/09 07:42 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
I remember chocolate cigarettes, I still see them around and buy them even today. Chocolate Cigarettes and Lemon Heads are my sweet tooth weakness.

#400775 - 11/04/09 01:43 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Trick or treating in the hood?

Everyday was Halloween where I'm from because everyday you could've been a ghost.

#400786 - 11/04/09 03:15 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Callier]
coolbreeze Offline

Loc: MA
Pennies were the worst. At least you can use a toothbrush. The worst thing I ever gave was coffee nips... I ran out of candy and probably gave some kids there worst trick or treat.

#400796 - 11/04/09 05:01 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: coolbreeze]
Daydreamer Offline

Loc: New York State
The worst treat I've ever gotten was homemade raisin fudge, wrapped in wax paper and a Jesus Pamphlet...gleh. Not very delicious at all.

This year I ended up giving a quarter of my candy to my twelve year old brother, since he got the H1N1 virus and wasn't allowed to go.

In the ten years I've lived at my home, we haven't had a single trick or treater...

#401311 - 11/09/09 01:25 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Morozco Offline

Anyone think for kicks there should be razor blade candy? Like candy that's shaped like razor blades? That would be funny I think.

Worst treats ever, Pennies, the ever popular Candy Corn (insert Lewis Black jokes here), and black licorace, Yuck.

Know Jesus
NO PEACE
No Jesus
KNOW PEACE

#401319 - 11/09/09 03:06 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Morozco]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Twinkies. I got an individually wrapped Twinkie once, bastards couldn't have given out Dingdongs or Ho Hos.

#401342 - 11/09/09 06:52 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Morozco]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Morozco
and black licorace, Yuck.

Something tells me you don't like Jagermeister then?

#401351 - 11/09/09 07:50 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Jupiter Offline

Quote:
What are the worst treats you remember getting when you went trick or treating?

I never went trick or treating so I really don't remember a worst treat, basically, because I've never had any. That is because Halloween is not celebrated here. However, I celebrate in My own way.

#401799 - 11/13/09 01:24 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Jupiter]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
My siblings and I weren't encouraged to go trick or treating because the community regarded it as celebrating a pagan/Satanic holiday.

So to 'fight the good fight' we only got to wear cheery costumes like princesses and cowboys and go to the houses of people in our neighbourhood, most of which we knew, shared the same views as our parents, went to our church etc. So we got a predominantly homemade treats like cookies, brownies, marshmallow squares, candy/caramel apples etc. You know, stuff that would mould and be thrown out long before we could consume it.

Mom immediately confiscated all raisins and apples to stew them for future desserts.

Now people die, move etc and eventually our neighbourhood contained an 'other' element who believed in passing out candy. While that was cool, to this day I don't understand those Hallowe'en "kisses". You know what I mean, that molasses type of stuff in the generic orange and black wrapper that people buy for pennies and pass out by the cupfull. Did anyone ever eat those candies or did everyone just save them to pass out in the future?

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#401802 - 11/13/09 01:43 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Lilibeta]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
While that was cool, to this day I don't understand those Hallowe'en "kisses". You know what I mean, that molasses type of stuff in the generic orange and black wrapper that people buy for pennies and pass out by the cupfull. Did anyone ever eat those candies or did everyone just save them to pass out in the future?

I have received them.

They are actually quite tasty.They were like a stickier toffee deal.If you have had Bit o' Honey candies,I would compare them to that.

#401859 - 11/13/09 11:56 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ArtAche86]
Lilibeta Offline

Those don't sound too bad. Unfortunately anytime I tried one it was hard and dry, like they'd been sitting in a cupboard too long.

What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

#401861 - 11/14/09 12:18 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Lilibeta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

Tempted to turn this into a corny pass, but that would be too easy. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_o_honey

Honey flavored taffy. I didn't care for it that much but it's a Halloween staple. And like you, I hated those damn generic black/orange things. Hard as a rock and not very edible.

#402301 - 11/17/09 05:30 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
DexRex Offline

Loc: UK
0.20 from my local Church Of England priest. Oh well, it was something...

#402523 - 11/19/09 02:42 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
I think the worst was getting pennies, and they were not even what people would consider collectable such as gran of wheat, steel, or unusual size.

#402651 - 11/19/09 09:45 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Lilibeta Offline

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

Tempted to turn this into a corny pass, but that would be too easy. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_o_honey

LOL - Thanks for the info. I've never seen it in Canada.

@ Topic: my partner just told me that the worst item he ever got while trick or treating was... a bible! I had to ask him three times if he was serious! (he was!)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements