Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#400360 - 10/31/09 08:36 PM Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating
TheAbysmal Offline

What are the worst treats you remember getting when you went trick or treating?

Here are some of my favorite un-favorites:

1) Raisens - Nature's candy. Wow, really? Not exactly 3 Musketeers, but thanks, lady.

2) Apples - Actually, not so bad if people just handed these to me. It was the big barrel of apples, water, and other people's slobber that made these a bit unsavory.

3) Those Weird Popcorn Balls - What exactly held these together in a ball, I may never know, except it tasted like sweetened Elmer's glue, and the popcorn was stale and rock hard.

4) Candy Corn - This stuff always reminded me of rotten teeth, partly because it looked like rotten, stained teeth, and partly because it tasted like wax and sugar. I remember a comedian once saying it tasted like sugary dust, like it was all made in the early 1950s, and candy corn "manufacturers" were still trying to exhaust this vast supply.

5) Those Strips of Wax Paper with the Candy Dots on Them - The candy dots were okay, I guess. Better than the candy corn anyway, except the dots would never quite come off the wax paper, and I was left to either eat the paper or spit out paper as I accumulated it in my mouth.

Any other contenders?

Refuse to die.

#400361 - 10/31/09 08:38 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I got a LOT of raisin boxes as a kid.

The most undesired candy was without doubt the bulk mix of candy corn and salt water taffy (the kind in orange and black plain wrappers). Who the fuck eats this?

#400363 - 10/31/09 08:40 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
I got a toothbrush once. Seriously. Not a candy toothbrush. Not a joke saying "Here, you'll need to brush your teeth" and then he says just kidding and gives out candy. Not from a dentist, but a house. He gave out toothbrushes.

#400364 - 10/31/09 08:41 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Delta]
TheAbysmal Offline

I guess that is better than razor blades or broken glass, but damn...

Refuse to die.

#400365 - 10/31/09 08:42 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Au contrare, the razorblade and broken glass nuggets were delicious smile

#400366 - 10/31/09 08:44 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
An orange.

And they didn't give it to me... they threw it to me.

From a moving car.

Ouch!

#400367 - 10/31/09 08:48 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I like candy. But the worst thing I ever got on Halloween was definitely children.

Children. Knocking. On. My. Door.

Oh the horror.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#400368 - 10/31/09 08:49 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Shade]
TheAbysmal Offline

You left the porch light on, didn't you...

Refuse to die.

#400369 - 10/31/09 08:54 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

What are they? Fucking moths?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#400370 - 10/31/09 08:56 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Gotta love living in a country that still hasn't adopted the practice of trick or treating on Halloween! I turned the porch light out just in case though!

#400371 - 10/31/09 09:05 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Me and my girlfriend got fliers to join the Evangelical Luthern Church. We also got a pencil.

#400374 - 10/31/09 09:25 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Unknown]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Loc: MB, Canada.
A can of Coors light beer, no joke - the house was reported to the police by a few angry parents.

#400375 - 10/31/09 09:29 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
TheAbysmal Offline

Get any cigarettes with that Coors? smile

Refuse to die.

#400377 - 10/31/09 09:38 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Schadenfreude-6]
Old_Pig Offline

Originally Posted By: J.A.U
A can of Coors light beer, no joke - the house was reported to the police by a few angry parents.

I heard of a similar reaction when a house handed out condoms.

#400378 - 10/31/09 10:01 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Original Sly]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Original Sly
Gotta love living in a country that still hasn't adopted the practice of trick or treating on Halloween!

Same here. smile

#400379 - 10/31/09 10:04 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Old_Pig]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

I don't agree handing out condoms to trick or treaters but there is nothing wrong with handing them out at an Adult Halloween party. coopdevil

jack Happy Halloween to all!! jack
May your blessings come true.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#400382 - 11/01/09 12:12 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
I have to say coins. That was always a drag. Part of the fun was sifting through the candy at the end of the night and the pennies and nickels just got tossed to the side. The candy was the good stuff. laugh

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#400383 - 11/01/09 12:43 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

A dead rat.

#400384 - 11/01/09 12:47 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Was it at least caramel?

#400385 - 11/01/09 12:48 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

No.

#400386 - 11/01/09 12:56 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

What kind of sick weirdo would give a kid a dead rat for Halloween without dipping it in caramel first?

#400390 - 11/01/09 01:29 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
Get any cigarettes with that Coors? smile

Hah, no. This was quite a while ago but I believe the story went that it was the teenage sons who were giving out the fathers beer as a joke when their parents were not home. I know my mother and many others from our neighborhood at the time were very upset about the whole situation - I was about 12 years old at the time.

I do have a few friends who were given stationary once, white out, post it notes, erasers, and pens. I always get a kick out of that story.

#400392 - 11/01/09 02:19 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I was about 13. Me and my friend Shaun knocked on a door one evening and a grinning Asian man opened it and without saying a word pointed a hand-gun at us.

That was the worst treat I ever had.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#400407 - 11/01/09 07:43 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Delta
What kind of sick weirdo would give a kid a dead rat for Halloween without dipping it in caramel first?

The kind who would soon be under psychiatric observation in a mental ward for something else, arrested sometime after that for something ELSE, re-arrested after that for yet something ELSE, sent to prison later on for something ELSE, then finally get killed in prison.

And all because he was too stingy to caramelize his Halloween rat treats.

#400411 - 11/01/09 08:35 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
In my neck of the woods, a lot of parents are positively paranoid about their children eating gluten, sugar, meat, or anything "unnatural." (I've always wondered how many of the children actually have these various sorts of allergies and intolerances, and how many just have parents who hope or assume they do, or who just have those allergies themselves.) So, in some cases, you do have to hand out fruit, raisins, crackers, soy logs, etc., or some parents will be angry with you.

It's so bad that, even when I continued to trick-or-treat as a teen, and then as a young adult, people actually *thanked* me for doing so, because they had no one else to give their real candy, and so I usually ended up getting twice as much. And, you know me, I'm always willing to take a bullet for the sweet little kiddos wink.

I've always considered my family a bit lame, because my mom has always handed out bags of goldfish crackers ever since I was a wee tot.

My policy, meanwhile, is that Halloween is for candy, just like Reno is for lovers. Do unto the kids, as you would've had done unto you, when you were their age!

Originally Posted By: JAU

As well they should be!

Coors is vile wink .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#400412 - 11/01/09 08:47 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Someone in our neighborhood passed out cups of Kool-Aid one Halloween a year or two after Jonestown took place.
Prevention of Virtue

#400427 - 11/01/09 01:38 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I used to get endless amounts of raisins, which I'd usually give to my dad. My buddies and I would love going to certain homes which gave out cans of Pepsi. My favourite candy were those little Rockets. The first thing I'd do after pouring the bag out on the floor was to hunt for the Rockets.

Edited by JustinR (11/01/09 01:49 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#400430 - 11/01/09 01:55 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: JustinR]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
I got nails once. Me and my sister went to a house with its light on. They apparently didn't know it was trick-or-treat time and where in the process of remodeling. They didn't have any candy but they felt bad and gave me and my sister 2 nails each... yeah. Best Halloween ever.

#400440 - 11/01/09 03:41 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
For a few years when my parents were low on cash, so they'd send me out trick-or-treating and have me come check in at home every now and then, sort my candy, and put two-thirds of it back in our bowl to give out again... at least I got to keep the best stuff.

Thus, I never had cause to complain about lousy candy... I never got to eat it anyway.

~Branwyn

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#400441 - 11/01/09 04:47 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Branwyn]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
Originally Posted By: Branwyn
For a few years when my parents were low on cash, so they'd send me out trick-or-treating and have me come check in at home every now and then, sort my candy, and put two-thirds of it back in our bowl to give out again... at least I got to keep the best stuff.

Thus, I never had cause to complain about lousy candy... I never got to eat it anyway.

~Branwyn

#400443 - 11/01/09 05:37 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Raisins and paper candy are at least things you've heard of. I remember getting some odd home-made, napkin-wrapped things that I didn't trust. I'd have to rate those among the worst. I also didn't care for little bags with 13 pennies in them.

Though the raisins reminds of a quote from the animated series Dariah:
"Raisins are nature's candies."
"Then how come they have to cover them in chocolate to sell them?"

Some jesus freaks pass out Bible tracks to trick-or-treaters, but fortunately I don't ever remember getting one. Though as I think I said on another thread, they might as well hand out pieces of paper that say "Please egg my house".

Quote:
I remember a comedian once saying it [candy corn] tasted like sugary dust, like it was all made in the early 1950s, and candy corn "manufacturers" were still trying to exhaust this vast supply.

You might be thinking of Lewis Black, who said it tasted like it was made out of oil, and that all of it was made in 1904. Personally, I like candy corn, but any unwrapped form of candy is just plain weird as a trick-or-treat handout.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#400450 - 11/01/09 05:56 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Bill_M]
Saviourself Offline

Loc: Oregon
One Halloween, I believe I was 9 or 10, I recieved a miniature box of Grapenuts cereal. I felt robbed. That is the worst cereal ever. It is like chewing on gravel and no amount sugar could make it taste any better.

A few years later a friend and I were accosted by some over zealous preacher who wanted to usher us in the church so he could "save us". The way we saw it the guy was giving us two choices: candy or preaching. Not very hard choice there. By that point in my life I had already considered myself an Atheist; but even if I was a believer I probably would have taken Snickers over "salvation".

This Halloween was spent on a couch not moving because I suffered a broken fibula the other day in a car accident. I was not able to participate in any tricks or treats. So, in a way, I think the worst "treat" I recieved for Halloween was no treat at all.

#400452 - 11/01/09 06:02 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Old_Pig Offline

How about Jesus Lollipops?

Attachments
jesus_candy.jpg

#400454 - 11/01/09 06:11 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Old_Pig]
Saviourself Offline

Saviour on a stick? Again?

#400464 - 11/01/09 09:06 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I got a rock. frown Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The Catholic church (that was practically across the street from me), sent young parishioners out to tell people the church was giving out dollars to trick or treaters.

I went to investigate as to why so many kids were claiming this, when it seemed so unlikely. I walked over and hid behind a light post to spy. I guess I didn’t really have to hide, but I figured it added to the sneaky spying experience and I was kind of a weird creepy kid. My suspicions were right, the church was really giving out prayer pamphlets.

I laughed my ass off over it and decided to tell every kid I ran into that I got a dollar from the church. I figured if they were dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve to be tricked.

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#400529 - 11/02/09 03:07 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Basher Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mars
Candy corn is the most disgusting candy on earth and shouldn't even be considered candy. More like candle bits.

#400533 - 11/02/09 04:24 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Basher]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

Loc: In a book
edible Chalk sticks (no joke) they were powdered sugar in the form of chalk sticks they were alot smaller though.

Then I got this really weird chinese candy its was basicly the size of a eighth of your standard gelatin cup yet still completely indepently packaged with chinese characters you could not read.
It tasted like bad gelatin btw

#400542 - 11/02/09 06:06 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

That's awesome, you are so evil. And evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb. crossbones

As an aside, I just remembered something I raised my eyebrow at in the Halloween candy aisle this year: little mini tubs of Play Dough. Sounds cool. I almost bought some to play with. But is it such a good idea to hand that out to kids? I mean, you know the little heathens will be eating that stuff by the fistful. Well, I guess if candy corn is digestable that stuff probably is too. grin

(For the record, I really really really like candy corn. Two days later, I am still Jack's Candy Corn Hangover.)

#400544 - 11/02/09 06:19 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Shade]
Venus Flytrap Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
The worst thing I ever got for Halloween:

One year in My late teens, As a requirement to uphold My residency with My then-religiously devout mother, I was forced to attend a church "carnival" held for the purpose of "saving" the kids from roaming the streets and collecting candy from the Devil's influence on this most "evil" of nights.
Instead they had offered face paint, basketball, a hay-ride (where a concerned mother removed her daughter from upon learning I was in line behind her)and of course, sugar-free candy handed out with prayers tied to the wrappers, among other things I observed, but participated with nothing save the hay-ride. After all this, they wanted Me to partake of hand-holding singing for Jesus which I had to decline.

I'll take toothbrushes and candy corn over that ANY day!!

Edited by Shadowed Light (11/02/09 07:00 PM)

On the Undercroft:

http://www.satannet.com/Shadowedlight/

On Facebook

www.facebook.com/Satanicdragon

#400553 - 11/02/09 08:15 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Eclipsed_Cosmos]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: CloneHigh
edible Chalk sticks (no joke) they were powdered sugar in the form of chalk sticks they were alot smaller though.

I remember a brand of that candy called "Chewy Chalk". I once brought a pack to school in the 7th grade, and as a joke I would secretly leave a piece on the chalk ledge when nobody was looking, but then when others were around, I'd nonchalantly pick it up and eat it in front of them. It sure creeped some students out. coopdevil

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#400558 - 11/02/09 08:35 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Bill_M]
Saviourself Offline

I remember the candy cigarettes. They weren't marketed as such but that is what they were. They use to have one end painted brown and one end painted red simulating the filter and "cherry". You could also blow fake smoke by holding it to your lips and blowing on it. The "smoke" was actually owdered sugar. To top it all off then came in little boxes with flip up lids just like real cigarettes and my favorite "brand" had a hawk on it.

They still make the candy sticks but they no longer are made to resemble cigarettes. They stil make my favorite "brand" too, still has the same hawk on it.

#400563 - 11/02/09 09:17 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Saviourself]
Venus Flytrap Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I used to get those from the ice cream truck years back. They were in fact marketed as candy ciggs in my area. It had the simulated cherry, but the rest was all white and powdery as you described.
As far as a satisfying snack goes, they were rather lacking, but the imagination-based idea behind it, is what kept me buying for a while.
Hey, I was what, 8 years old. It didn't take much to entertain me.

On the Undercroft:

http://www.satannet.com/Shadowedlight/

On Facebook

www.facebook.com/Satanicdragon

#400568 - 11/02/09 09:36 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I always had a perfectly satanic halloween because luckly my birthday is on the first of November which now I can announce that I am 23 years of age.

I never really had bad candy except for pencils, erasers, and other junk. Half the night was spent on scaring smaller children when I was dressed up as a vampire. That was my main character during my childhood years. I always were a vampire.

This halloween, I partied in Memphis for my two holidays and took my son trick or treating.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#400581 - 11/03/09 02:52 AM Re: Worst "Trick" Best "Treat" [Re: TheAbysmal]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
I liked my treats and would barter with other unsuspecting kids to trade off the candy I wasn't fond of. I'd also save some candy for a month or so and sell it at school long after everyone else had gobbled down the last of their candy stash.

I do have a worst trick. My worst trick was a creepy wackidoodle neighborhood freak who papered my house on Halloween. I was suspicious it was him the first time and he continued to paper it each day on the weekends for at least a month even after he was caught in the act.

I'm sure he derived some sort of sick perverse joy out of standing inside his bedroom window and watching me clean up his tee pee mess. After the first two times he did it I cried hysterically the minute my parents knocked on my bedroom door in the early morning so in a very very rare act of pity my family cleaned up the mess instead of me.

A few years ago I heard he was busted for cocaine possession so I finally received my overdo "treat." Better late than never! devilchili

#400583 - 11/03/09 03:08 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Venus Flytrap]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

I never enjoyed sweets in sugar powder. There was only one kind which I liked, they were some bonbons of which name I can not recall. I didn't see them in shops anymore, only some substitutes, which weren't that good. I suspect they are not produced anymore, as they were a product in socialist era and by it's ending, some (quite good) sweets were gone as well.

Instead of cigarettes in sugar powder, I was enjoying chocolate cigarettes. It was pelleted in paper, and it's appearance was very convincing. They were similar to these:

Smoking of chocolate cigs was very popular between kids for obvious reason. smile Kids are usually wishing to be adults soon, so they can do (also) those forbidden things which adults do.

#400593 - 11/03/09 07:42 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Schadenfreude-6 Offline

I remember chocolate cigarettes, I still see them around and buy them even today. Chocolate Cigarettes and Lemon Heads are my sweet tooth weakness.

#400775 - 11/04/09 01:43 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Trick or treating in the hood?

Everyday was Halloween where I'm from because everyday you could've been a ghost.

#400786 - 11/04/09 03:15 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Callier]
coolbreeze Offline

Loc: MA
Pennies were the worst. At least you can use a toothbrush. The worst thing I ever gave was coffee nips... I ran out of candy and probably gave some kids there worst trick or treat.

#400796 - 11/04/09 05:01 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: coolbreeze]
Daydreamer Offline

Loc: New York State
The worst treat I've ever gotten was homemade raisin fudge, wrapped in wax paper and a Jesus Pamphlet...gleh. Not very delicious at all.

This year I ended up giving a quarter of my candy to my twelve year old brother, since he got the H1N1 virus and wasn't allowed to go.

In the ten years I've lived at my home, we haven't had a single trick or treater...

#401311 - 11/09/09 01:25 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Morozco Offline

Anyone think for kicks there should be razor blade candy? Like candy that's shaped like razor blades? That would be funny I think.

Worst treats ever, Pennies, the ever popular Candy Corn (insert Lewis Black jokes here), and black licorace, Yuck.

Know Jesus
NO PEACE
No Jesus
KNOW PEACE

#401319 - 11/09/09 03:06 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Morozco]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Twinkies. I got an individually wrapped Twinkie once, bastards couldn't have given out Dingdongs or Ho Hos.

#401342 - 11/09/09 06:52 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Morozco]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Morozco
and black licorace, Yuck.

Something tells me you don't like Jagermeister then?

#401351 - 11/09/09 07:50 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: TheAbysmal]
Jupiter Offline

Loc: Eden
Quote:
What are the worst treats you remember getting when you went trick or treating?

I never went trick or treating so I really don't remember a worst treat, basically, because I've never had any. That is because Halloween is not celebrated here. However, I celebrate in My own way.

#401799 - 11/13/09 01:24 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Jupiter]
Lilibeta Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
My siblings and I weren't encouraged to go trick or treating because the community regarded it as celebrating a pagan/Satanic holiday.

So to 'fight the good fight' we only got to wear cheery costumes like princesses and cowboys and go to the houses of people in our neighbourhood, most of which we knew, shared the same views as our parents, went to our church etc. So we got a predominantly homemade treats like cookies, brownies, marshmallow squares, candy/caramel apples etc. You know, stuff that would mould and be thrown out long before we could consume it.

Mom immediately confiscated all raisins and apples to stew them for future desserts.

Now people die, move etc and eventually our neighbourhood contained an 'other' element who believed in passing out candy. While that was cool, to this day I don't understand those Hallowe'en "kisses". You know what I mean, that molasses type of stuff in the generic orange and black wrapper that people buy for pennies and pass out by the cupfull. Did anyone ever eat those candies or did everyone just save them to pass out in the future?

For my sins I will ask no forgiveness. For my sins they are not to forgive.

#401802 - 11/13/09 01:43 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Lilibeta]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Lilibeta
While that was cool, to this day I don't understand those Hallowe'en "kisses". You know what I mean, that molasses type of stuff in the generic orange and black wrapper that people buy for pennies and pass out by the cupfull. Did anyone ever eat those candies or did everyone just save them to pass out in the future?

I have received them.

They are actually quite tasty.They were like a stickier toffee deal.If you have had Bit o' Honey candies,I would compare them to that.

#401859 - 11/13/09 11:56 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ArtAche86]
Lilibeta Offline

Those don't sound too bad. Unfortunately anytime I tried one it was hard and dry, like they'd been sitting in a cupboard too long.

What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

#401861 - 11/14/09 12:18 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Lilibeta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

Tempted to turn this into a corny pass, but that would be too easy. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_o_honey

Honey flavored taffy. I didn't care for it that much but it's a Halloween staple. And like you, I hated those damn generic black/orange things. Hard as a rock and not very edible.

#402301 - 11/17/09 05:30 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
DexRex Offline

Loc: UK
£0.20 from my local Church Of England priest. Oh well, it was something...

#402523 - 11/19/09 02:42 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: ]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
I think the worst was getting pennies, and they were not even what people would consider collectable such as gran of wheat, steel, or unusual size.

#402651 - 11/19/09 09:45 PM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Lilibeta Offline

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
What is 'Bit o' Honey'?

Tempted to turn this into a corny pass, but that would be too easy. wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_o_honey

LOL - Thanks for the info. I've never seen it in Canada.

@ Topic: my partner just told me that the worst item he ever got while trick or treating was... a bible! I had to ask him three times if he was serious! (he was!)

#403348 - 11/25/09 07:33 AM Re: Worst "Treats" You Remember Getting While Trick or Treating [Re: Lilibeta]
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Chic Tracks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements