Topic Options
#401473 - 11/10/09 06:32 PM Typing Text in Post Problem
‹bermensch Offline

Loc: New York
When posting, when the characters fill up the visible space of the posting box and I keep typing, the visible space keeps jockeying/scrolling upwards so that I cannot see what I am typing once I have reached the limit of the visible typing space. It is quite annoying.

I am not sure if this is a browser problem, or an issue with the board itself. I use IE8. Any thoughts?

http://www.satannet.com/ubermensch/

#401550 - 11/11/09 10:03 AM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: ‹bermensch]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I've not had any such problem. A few possible remedies:

- You are scrolling down so that the box is fully on the screen, and not half on the screen and half below it? I know that's really obvious, just covering it in case.
- Is this with new posts, or just replies? If just with replies, does it still happen if you switch to full reply screen instead of quick reply?
- If all else fails, now is as good a time as any to plug Firefox. It's a superior browser in every way and fully customizable (can even theme it to look just like IE if you really want to and you're used to the look), I have no issues with LttD or any other site with it.

#401555 - 11/11/09 11:32 AM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
‹bermensch Offline

Thanks for the thoughts. I may indeed switch to firefox. I cannot stand IE8. It is buggy as all heaven.

#401594 - 11/11/09 07:59 PM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: ‹bermensch]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

There are buttons to make the reply box bigger. The up and down arrows next to the font size button. When you hover over the down arrow it should say "make text area bigger".

#401604 - 11/11/09 09:22 PM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: HellofallHells]
‹bermensch Offline

Originally Posted By: HellofallHells
There are buttons to make the reply box bigger. The up and down arrows next to the font size button. When you hover over the down arrow it should say "make text area bigger".

Hey thanks for that tip I appreciate the assistance.

#402324 - 11/17/09 07:38 PM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: ‹bermensch]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: ubermensch
Thanks for the thoughts. I may indeed switch to firefox. I cannot stand IE8. It is buggy as all heaven.

I use both Firefox and IE8. Firefox constantly shuts down because of an "error" or an "update" however you're offered the option of it automatically restoring your browser windows when it it operational. This functionality isn't available in IE8.

I usually have 20+ windows open so that may explain why I experience numerous crashes. grin

#404176 - 12/01/09 02:35 PM Re: Typing Text in Post Problem [Re: Nammu]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
In your case you may want to switch to Google's Chrome browser. When one tab crashes it only kills that one tab not the entire application. Makes life a little easier to deal with.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements